“Great place in San Antonio” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport

Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport
Ranked #62 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great place in San Antonio”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

We were in SA for family gathering and to celebrate New Year's Eve, and chose this hotel for its convenience and tripadvisor reviews. We found it an excellent choice: staff was friendly and helpful; room was clean, spacious and well appointed; breakfast was wonderful. The hotel seemed full the 3 days we were there, but not crowded or unpleasant. There were numerous reports from other guests about no hot water for some morning showers, and even though we did not have this problem nor request compensation, management graciously credited us with a free night as they did the reporting guests, I'd say they went over and above to accommodate their guests! This hotel is right next to the airport but we never heard a single takeoff or landing, very quiet! We will definitely stay here on any return trips to San Antonio.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Bowling Green, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

The lady that checked me in told me I couldn't check out early. I was a little confused becuase I work at a Hampton myself and I did not pre-pay for my rooms. The night audit lady adjusted my check out date and was very friendly. At 5:58 AM the breakfast lady wouldn't let me in to put juice in my 2 year olds sippy cup. She said breakfast didn't start until 6AM. I was disspointed in the hospitality of some of the staff, but the night auditor made up for it all. Everything else was fine.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

I am an avid Marriott Reward customer and as a rule stay at Marriotts to keep my points all in one basket. During inclement weather in the Texas area we were forced to drive to San Antonio to catch flights out and a fellow team member made the one night reservations at this hotel. I was so impressed with all aspects fo my stay here that in future trips I will look to Hampton Inn and Suites for possible stays. Kudos big time to the staff at the San Antonio Hampton Inn and Suites near the airport.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

I was greeted with grace and kindenss after a very bad travel, airline related. Mary O'cana was empowered to make me happy, THANKS MARY!! I am not sure why trip advisor requires 200 characters,but my experience was great till I had to just strat typing to fill a void. A rediculous requirement Mr Owl with the binoculars. Re eork your business model my night folw you....

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

The Woodlands, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Pleasantly surprised. I made a mistake in booking this hotel and prayed that I didn't do to badly. I was extremely happy when we upgraded the room to a larger size. It accommodated my husband and I as well as our three children, which is very hard to find now days. Thank you for making our stay comfortable and enjoyable

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Houston, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel over a dozen times in the last 2 years for work and personal reasons. Up until my last stay I had only positive experiences. The day we checked in was the first "cold" day in San Antonio since last winter. Night time low around 35F. The heater in our first room did not function properly. You could set it to 68F and it would turn on, heat up to 68F, then immediately blow ice cold air until it was cold in the room again. Called the front desk. A very nice staffer came up and spent 10 minutes trying to fix the A/C. He left and it started doing that same thing again. He came back up and helped us move to a new room. Again, the heat in our new room did the same thing. The staffer couldn't believe it. They have no maintenance people working on the weekends, so we had to just stay in the hot/cold room. Only remedy was to turn the heat way up (80F) and then get up and turn it completely off. I went to sleep sweating, and woke up freezing. I told the front desk about the problem upon check out and they said the GM would give me a call. It's been over a week and I have still not heard from the GM. 100% satisfaction...yeah right. If you stay here, make sure it's warm outside.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

San Antonio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

The staff made this otherwise ordinary-but-comfortable hotel into a terrific stay. Every little question or problem was immediately solved for me. As a result, this trip was stress-free and very enjoyable. I will be back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business