“Hampton Inn, San Antonio”

Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport
Ranked #52 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Stafford, United States
“Hampton Inn, San Antonio”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This hotel is excellent for the price and the staff went above and beyond to ensure my stay was pleasant. I love Hampton Inn hotels and will always stay at one if I have the choice. The room was quiet, clean and spacious. The staff assisted me with getting to the airport on time without hesitation. Hampton Inn always has excellent breakfast complimentary with even breakfast on the go.

1 Thank Connie S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Denver CO
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I love the perks at Hampton Inns, and I read the great reviews here. Then I checked the hotel's official web site, which promised refridgerators and microwaves in standard rooms. So that's what I booked.

When I arrived at the room, no fridge. The manager on duty first claimed I was looking at another Hampton Inn's description, then said it was a "corporate" error and painstakingly, repeatedly explained the difference between standard rooms and suites as if I'd just fallen off the turnip truck. I felt cheated and misled by that web site, and it left a bad taste in my mouth for the rest of our stay.

Trying to look at this place objectively, I guess it was okay. It never felt like a stylish, swank Hampton Inn, but I guess it was okay.

Benefits:
* Inexpensive, relative to the metro area
* Very good internet, wifi and wired (if you supply your own cable)
* Two elevators and two waffle irons - both prevent delays
* Evening cookies
* Three restaurants within walking distance (Applebee's, Cracker Barrel, and Logan's Roadhouse)
* Very short drives to Walmart and Trader Joe's

Drawbacks:
* Very noisy air conditioner, bad enough to disrupt my sleep
* Very slow computers in the business nook
* Breakfast had some meat and attentive staff, but the overall spread was weak enough that my family requested we eat somewhere else on the second morning
* South-facing rooms have a view of a tall highway interchange
* Little help when I asked for nearby pizza place. Turned to Google and found a good one (Grimaldi's) about a mile south by the Trader Joe's.
* That lingering bad taste

An hour after check-in, I was ready to give this place one star. Now it's almost a week later, and I think three is more accurate. Oddly, if this had been a Best Western or local place, I'd be more likely to give it four. Instead, it's a Hampton Inn, and for me, it failed to live up to the expectations that go with than name.

Room Tip: Exit US 281 at Jones Maltsberger Road on either side of the hotel. It's much easier to get there...
2 Thank FTAListCom
Valley Center, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Awesome staff. Great place to stay! Suites were an outstanding value. I would reccommend this hotel to business colugues, friends and family. Central location to the airport and an easy quick ride to downtown. Numerous restaurant within walking distance.

Washington, New Jersey
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Although business for me was downtown, I typically stay at airport hotels for 1 night trips. I did research all San Antonio hotels within the Hilton selections and settled on this hotel due to the previous high reviews and price. Hotel was easy to locate. I rented a car but they do offer airport shuttle service on the 1/2 hour. Front reception was professional and friendly and gave me detailed directions for my meeting downtown. Hotel undergoing renovations but did not interfere with any areas I was in. Room was large, clean and modern. I asked front desk if they had umbrellas to purchase and they lent me one on the spot. Sleep was very comfortable and quiet. View on back side of hotel was of a large water tank but I wasn't there for the view. Breakfast was great with lots of options. There's an Applebees across the street.

Room Tip: Room 208 was on the back side of hotel away from the elevators. Very quiet.
1 Thank 19green
long beaCH, United States
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I enjoyed everything about my stay. Staff was very accommodating. Their 3 mile shuttle service saved me a lot of money. Went for a concert at the Alomodome and could have stayed downtown but most Hotels did not offer Shuttle service. Would stay there again and recomend it to everyone. Came from California just for the concert. Everyone I met was very friendly, Restaurants , clubs, bars and Taxi drivers.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Houston, United States
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Everything was perfect! The room was beautifully decorated and extremely clean. I loved the bed linens. Security was good and service was great. We were graciously given a late check-out time when our trip to the San Antonio Zoo ran later than we planned. The coffee in the lobby the next morning rivaled that of Starbucks. I liked being able to park close to the lobby elevators which made it easy unloading/loading the car. The stay was so perfect that we plan on returning in July.

Houston, United States
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Loved our room! It was nice and clean and the beds were very comfortable! The breakfast was delicious and by far the best hotel breakfast I've had. The pool and hot tub were great. The treadmill in the gym was out of order, but I was still able to get in some great workouts in the mornings! Thanks for a wonderful stay!