“Airport Friendly”

Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport
Ranked #79 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Great Staff, Clean Room, Good Location from Airport, Free Shuttle, Close to Restaurants & the Mgr. Delma Luckey was super. Was our 1st time here. A great one night stay on the way to Cancun, Mexico. All we needed for a nice stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Upon walking in we were very impressed with the large sitting/breakfast area. Clean, bright and fresh. The room and bathroom were both very clean. Very close to the airport. Staff was courteous but I would not call them overly friendly. The breakfast is good and plentiful with hot and cold items-good selection. I was disappointed that for each AM of our 3 day stay the egg selection contained ham. I noted this on my exit survey they requested and I have to say I was impressed the manager responded and stated they will at least consider other options for either vegetarians or those that do not eat pork. Only other quirky thing was their eletrical situation. When we got into our room, our lamps were unplugged and the clock was wrong. We could not figure out how to set the time and the front desk didn't know how either. Minor but an annoyance.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. My entire stay at this property was 2 and a half weeks and I enjoyed every minute of it. I do not have any complaints at all. The staff has excellent customer service and is very friendly. The breakfast is good and all the amenities are great. I love the fact that there is an indoor pool, because no matter what the weather is you can swim. The housekeeping is good at their job and very friendly as well. The King Suite is very large and the bed is comfortable. The hotel is in a great location to the airport, mall, and freeway. When I return to San Antonio I will not be looking for another place to stay, because this is it.

Room Tip: Get the King Suite, its worth it
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ArmyLT
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Very surprised when we walked in and saw size of the room. Very large for a king suite. Room was very clean, bed was comfortable & check in was easy. All of the staff that we spoke to were helpful and polite. Great location to SA Airport & easy & quick access to downtown. Only 6 miles to the Via bus park and ride downtown (instead of paying for parking for downtown, bought an all day unlimited bus pass for $4 per person & parking was free, ask bus driver for voucher). Only complaint I had was the soundproofing. There is none! Friday someone ran up & down the hallway on the floor above us until midnight. So you can hear everything (people talking in hallway, doors slamming, toilets flushing, etc) but other than that no complaints. We will be back!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Less than two weeks after a couple less-than-adequate stays at two different Hampton Inns in October, I stayed at this location. What a difference! The desk staff was pleasant and helpful, the hotel was clean, as was my room. But those are things I expect from a Hampton Inn (and the reason the other two stays were so disappointing and, frankly, unacceptable). The extra things at this Hampton Inn were what impressed me. A lady on the cleaning staff spoke to me in the elevator and asked how my stay was and if I needed anything in my room. I mentioned how nice it was compared to my recent visits (although I didn't mention that I was quite surprised she was so cheerful and inquired; most of my experiences with the cleaning staff usually consist of them putting their heads down and pretending they don't see guests in the hallway). She asked what happened at the other locations and expressed real dismay and told me if I needed anything to please let her know. She said she hoped I would come back to their location, and she told me how much she liked her job. I wish I could remember her name; I made a mental note at the time, but I took too long to write this review.

In addition, I had another employee who was working on something outside stop her work and ask if she could help me with my luggage - smiling all the while. When I commented to the lady at the front desk about the great difference at this location and told her I would be reviewing it on tripadvisor, she thanked me, handed me a card with her name on it (Linda), and told me to let her know if I needed anything. Like the lady in the elevator, she was shocked at my stories about my recent bad experiences. They all talked about how much they liked their jobs, the city, their guests, etc.

The kitchen area was clean and well-stocked, and the food was fresh. They had sufficient on-the-run breakfast bags, too.

I wish I could remember more of the positive details of my stay here. I was really impressed by the "something extra" here. I wish it wasn't so far from where I like to stay in San Antonio. I only stayed this last time because I had to get to the airport early in the morning to pick up a friend. It is a good location, though, if you want to be between San Antonio and the charming outlying towns like New Braunfels and Gruene. If you are going to Schlitterbahn or antiquing in Gruene and aren't staying in the little towns there, this location is an easy drive to get to them.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Hotel was fine for what I needed. Room is in need of renovation. A/C was not working properly, but I was able to get it adjusted. Could hear water running all night long from a neighboring room/area. Made it difficult to get a good night's sleep. Breakfast was typical hotel breakfast. I would choose a different area hotel in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
dluckey, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Valued Guest,

We appreciate you choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport Hotel while visiting our area. I was very dissappointed that you did not receive our normal above and beyond guest experience. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you endured. We appreciate your feedback and will find a sollution to eliminate your concerns.

Thank you and hopefully we'll get the opportunity to welcome you as a return Guest.

Delma Luckey

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Beds were terrible, billed wrong credit card. Not the best experience I have had with Hampton Inns. I would stay at another hotel. I liked the location. The hotel staff was friendly but the last man I dealt with was a dolt. The breakfast, like all Hampton Inns, was pretty bland. But I like Hampton Inns for the most part. I will however not stay at this particular location again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton