“About as perfect as a business hotel can be”

Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport
Ranked #57 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Palm Harbor, FL
“About as perfect as a business hotel can be”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Close to the San Antonio Airport, restaurants, and shopping galore. Very reasonably priced, very clean, with excellebt customer service.
Area is also very, very safe and close enough to easily access the Riverwalk in a 15-20 minute drive. SeaWorld would be much farther (about 40 minutes around the Loop 410)
Could not recommend more in a single review.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Jeff C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We were given a handicap accessible room that we did not ask for. Room was equipped accordingly, restroom, shower and such... dissappointment! Room felt like we were staying in a warehouse. Swimming pool area was enundated with waay too much chlorine in the air and made our eyes burn. Problem was reported and they excused it as it being beyond their control, "that's just the way the chlorine machine works!"

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Plano
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

First of all I am a Diamond member at Hilton. I have stayed at this location dozens of times since it opened. I had the experiance of having my truck window broken sometime in the night and all my personal belongings stolen. I did not find out until I walked outside after 10:30 AM. I was told by the police and the manager this was a bad area. In any case the manager told me my vehicle was my own problem and Hilton had no security or no cameras. i was parked 5 spots fro the sliding doors. I got I'm sorry and that's all. If they would treat a Diamond member this way then watch out. There was nothing visable in my truck. All my glove boxes were emptied. The big issue was my truck was regestered at check in and no one called the police or me to report and let it rain all night into my vehicle. i will no longer reside at HIlton. I moved to another hotel with security.

Room Tip: Dont park your car at this location. No security and no responsibility.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank David P
ttribby, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to communicate why our service did not meet your expectations. We have every desire to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible.

Our company aims to consistently deliver a professional service to our customers. We will evaluate how we can prevent this problem from occurring in the future.

Again, we highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and hope to serve you again in the future.
Fort Worth, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel the weekend of Sept. 1st. The location is great! It's right next to the airport yet you don't hear the planes taking off all the time like at other airport hotels. It's only a few minutes from downtown. So if you don't want to pay "riverwalk prices" for a good hotel pick this hotel. The breakfast was good for the price...FREE! It's pretty hard to beat that. There's a fitness center and an indoor swimming pool. A number of very nice restaurants are located near by and there's a few shopping centers also. Overall this is a very nice hotel that is in a great location that is within a short drive to anyplace within the city that you will need to go to.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bobby C
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed 3 nights and if we come back to San Antonio we will book here again. Mario Garcia was manning the front desk and was so kind and knowledgeable about the area/attractions. Very nice staff, quick to attend to needs of guests. Check in was easy, breakfast was nice start to our day! Cannot say enough about our room (and Im PICKY) how nice it look, enjoyed having washed duvet covers, not those traditional bedspreads (eww) on the beds. We had double queen beds on the 3rd floor which were comfy. The bathroom was clean and shower had no mildew in the cracks. My boyfriend works for major pest control company and always "pre checks" our room before we even bring our suitcases in and he deemed it bed bug FREE. Yeah. :)
Excellent decor throughout the hotel. Really liked the lobby and dining area decor. Very updated and welcoming. Cookies and ice cold water in the evening which were complimentary are a nice touch. There is even a mini store if you forget deodorant or razors or need a midnight snack. Very close to airport and 10 minutes from the Alamo/Riverwalk/downtown area. Nice and quiet but close to major highway for access. We will be back anytime we are in San Antonio.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms always seem to be the most quiet in any hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed in San Antonio 2 nights but booked at first hotel for 1 night in error. I moved to this Hampton for my 2nd night and was not sorry I chose it. It was my first stay at a Hampton property. I was not disappointed. The room was large and well appointed. The bed was comfortable and breakfast, though crowded, was good. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Peapack-Gladstone, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Due to delayed flight, we arrived at 3 am to friendly greeting, easy check in and cookies. All front desk and service staff very polite and professional. Very comfy room for four night stay. Only complaint is: wish they provided larger bath towels and more towels.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family