“Truck broken into in parking lot.”

Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport
Ranked #78 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed September 16, 2012

First of all I am a Diamond member at Hilton. I have stayed at this location dozens of times since it opened. I had the experiance of having my truck window broken sometime in the night and all my personal belongings stolen. I did not find out until I walked outside after 10:30 AM. I was told by the police and the manager this was a bad area. In any case the manager told me my vehicle was my own problem and Hilton had no security or no cameras. i was parked 5 spots fro the sliding doors. I got I'm sorry and that's all. If they would treat a Diamond member this way then watch out. There was nothing visable in my truck. All my glove boxes were emptied. The big issue was my truck was regestered at check in and no one called the police or me to report and let it rain all night into my vehicle. i will no longer reside at HIlton. I moved to another hotel with security.

Room Tip: Dont park your car at this location. No security and no responsibility.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank David P
ttribby, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to communicate why our service did not meet your expectations. We have every desire to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible.

Our company aims to consistently deliver a professional service to our customers. We will evaluate how we can prevent this problem from occurring in the future.

Again, we highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel the weekend of Sept. 1st. The location is great! It's right next to the airport yet you don't hear the planes taking off all the time like at other airport hotels. It's only a few minutes from downtown. So if you don't want to pay "riverwalk prices" for a good hotel pick this hotel. The breakfast was good for the price...FREE! It's pretty hard to beat that. There's a fitness center and an indoor swimming pool. A number of very nice restaurants are located near by and there's a few shopping centers also. Overall this is a very nice hotel that is in a great location that is within a short drive to anyplace within the city that you will need to go to.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bobby C
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed 3 nights and if we come back to San Antonio we will book here again. Mario Garcia was manning the front desk and was so kind and knowledgeable about the area/attractions. Very nice staff, quick to attend to needs of guests. Check in was easy, breakfast was nice start to our day! Cannot say enough about our room (and Im PICKY) how nice it look, enjoyed having washed duvet covers, not those traditional bedspreads (eww) on the beds. We had double queen beds on the 3rd floor which were comfy. The bathroom was clean and shower had no mildew in the cracks. My boyfriend works for major pest control company and always "pre checks" our room before we even bring our suitcases in and he deemed it bed bug FREE. Yeah. :)
Excellent decor throughout the hotel. Really liked the lobby and dining area decor. Very updated and welcoming. Cookies and ice cold water in the evening which were complimentary are a nice touch. There is even a mini store if you forget deodorant or razors or need a midnight snack. Very close to airport and 10 minutes from the Alamo/Riverwalk/downtown area. Nice and quiet but close to major highway for access. We will be back anytime we are in San Antonio.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms always seem to be the most quiet in any hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed in San Antonio 2 nights but booked at first hotel for 1 night in error. I moved to this Hampton for my 2nd night and was not sorry I chose it. It was my first stay at a Hampton property. I was not disappointed. The room was large and well appointed. The bed was comfortable and breakfast, though crowded, was good. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Due to delayed flight, we arrived at 3 am to friendly greeting, easy check in and cookies. All front desk and service staff very polite and professional. Very comfy room for four night stay. Only complaint is: wish they provided larger bath towels and more towels.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank babette50
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I have been to San Antonio hundreds of times and have never stayed near the airport area. On this trip it was more convenient to be in this area for a training camp over the weekend. After reading many trip reviews for different hotels in this area I decided to pick this hotel for the positive reviews and good price. In my opinion first of all the most important is the bed and the noise. The bed was super comfy, not to hard and not to soft. The linens were good quality and all were fresh. The beds had nice fluffy comforters. As for the noise I never heard a thing and I know the hotel was busy and probably full. All was quiet in my room. We asked for a late check out because we wanted to sleep in and I thought for sure the maid would be knocking on my door but nope that never happened. That was nice and it was a much needed rest. The room was clean and immaculate. Nice bathroom with plenty of counter space. The hotel itself was very clean. I always saw someone working and doing their job. Every staff member I encountered really did seem cheerful especially the guys working the breakfast buffet. It was so busy both Saturday and Sunday mornings but the guys in charge of that area were so nice and efficient. So many guest were asking for this and that and they were so quick to fill up and get everything stocked before it would run out. These guys were good! Very professional but yet friendly and smiling the entire time. I enjoyed the fact that the hotel provided a breakfast because we really knew we would utilize it for this trip. Needed to get up and out by 7am so that really came in handy. I have to say the breakfast was pretty good. Beat having to drive somewhere to get something. The coffee was also delicious. I really enjoyed being able to get coffee anytime of the day. I love coffee. Never had a chance to use the fitness center but looked like it had exactly what I would have liked to use. I did jump in the hot tub. That was great. I think the only downfall for me was an indoor pool. Only because I like being out in the sun. But I am sure during winter it is a nice extra. One other thing that I did not realize is how many restaurants and shopping centers are close by. It definitely is a great place to stay if you want a comfy quiet nights rest.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Idat08
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites at the airport from July 1 until July 5 of 2012 and enjoyed the comfort and friendliness that was provided to us.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family