“San Antonio Airport Option”

Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport
Ranked #69 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed June 9, 2012

What a difference a couple of blocks make. Our recent stay at another Hilton Property, Embassy Suites Airport was terrible. (the hotel did contact me and apologize and said they would be addressing their problems) in the mean time we found ourselves once again in San Antonio Airport and tried the Hampton Inn. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! From courteous check in and acknowledgement of our Hilton Honours Status, to the clean room and nice bedding and general comfortable surroundings we were pleased. The clean breakfast area and food selection was excellent. For a price of about $20 less than Embassy Suites we got a clean, helpful, happy hotel. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank P H

Reviewed May 10, 2012

When we arrived in San Antonio we called for a van at the airport. Without giving it ANY thought, we hopped in the Hampton Inn van. As we headed away from the airport, Mark Lucky, the Hampton Inn driver, realized we were at a different hotel. He laughed. Then, he offered to take us to the hotel at which we already had a reservation. That level of service is rare. A big thanks to Mark Lucky. I'll consider the Hampton Inn the next time I'm in San Antonio.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Colin K
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Nice location right next to the airport, lots of places to eat nearby and quick access to the freeway. Free breakfast is ok, but they put parsley or something in the eggs which I did not care for. Property is very clean. As with most hotels they have the signs in the parking lot that say they are not responsible for any vehicle theft. But additionally they have a note in the room from the police department again warning not to leave items in your car. If it is that much of an issue it would seem they would hire some more security. If you are not out of the room by 9:30 you may get a free knock on the door from house keeping to wake up and get you out of the room. On my check out day someone knocked so I opened the door and asked what she wanted. She said she was checking to see if I was still here so I asked if she saw the do not disturb sign on the door and she said yes but they still have to knock.....nice.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank DVP16
ttribby, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to communicate why our service did not meet your expectations. We have every desire to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible.

Our company aims to consistently deliver a professional service to our customers. We will evaluate how we can prevent this problem from occurring in the future.

Again, we highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

This hotel couldn't be faulted. Close to everything, airport, restaurants, shopping mall. The staff were friendly and very obliging. The hotel has recently undergone major refurbishment and it is modern and clean. The room was more like a suite, large with a beautifully comfortable bed. The included breakfast was the usual fare, but lovely fresh fruit salad was a welcome addition. Overall, I was extremely impressed and would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Courtcase
Reviewed April 3, 2012

From the moment we made the reservation to checking in to checking out Michael (Mike) and Sofie was amazing to work with. So helpful, so nice and very professional. Answered all our many questions and cared about us. Had a baby and a 2 year old travelling with us from California and they were so patient and again very helpful. When we arrived that first night at the airport after a hard 4 hour flight, it was so appreciated when we called for a shuttle how quickly we were picked up and checked into our lovely room. We requested late check out so we could get it together and go straight to the airport for our afternoon flight and again they took care of our needs. Thank you so much for everything and we look forward to returning to your lovely hotel. Steve I

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Steve I
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I chose this hotel because of it's close proximity to my training class, an abundance of restaurants in the area and because they offered shuttle service. The hotel was perfectly clean with a very comfortable room and perfect breakfast. The staff was wonderful and when I asked for a recommendation for a taxi company to go to the river walk they called a taxi for me. I made use of the shuttle service several times. First was the pickup from the airport which only took 15 minutes to come get me. Two days I used them to pick me up from class to get lunch and then back to class and two days to take me to class in the morning. I would have used them a lot more except the weather was perfect and I like to walk so I walked a lot. On the last day they picked me up from my training class to take me to the airport. Each time I used the shuttle the drivers were extremely friendly. If I am ever back in the area I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank drrosenthal
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Check in to a very helpful staff person. We dropped our car at Hertz and the van service pick us up, they would also take you to restaurants in the area. The room was very nice and updated. The bed very comfortable. My husband liked the cookies served in the lobby! I would recommend it and I would stay there again. Very close to the Airport. Easy to find.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple