“pretentious”

43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“pretentious”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Blue Star has changed their menu presumably to keep up with the other trendy restaurants that have become popular in the area. But in my opinion, this is a brewery.... french fries are french fries, not frites. And they should go back to foods that go with beer. They also do not sell any diet beverages because the owner doesn't approve of them. That was what we were told. So diabetics beware.

Visited February 2013

Tampa, Florida
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Great food-funky area”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We were in the neighborhood on vacation (looking at the homes in the Prince William District) and Yelped this place. Sat out on the deck on a nice spring break day. My wife's salad was fantastic. My burger was so so (pretty small) but the fries were great. Great service. Right off the river so you can work off the calories afterwards.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Al E E
Louisville, ky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Oatmeal stout”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stopped here after eating lunch, our time was limited and I love supporting your local microbrewery. They have good selection of beer and we picked the oatmeal stout, which was the best stout I have ever had, I cant review food (they have a menu). Kinda small place with outdoor seating, we will return when in San Antonio.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank applechamp
San Diego, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“The Beer was awful !”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Came here with high hopes that the fresh brew beer would be good. Cant believe how mistaken we were at that. I tried at least 4 to 5 different varietes, and believe it or not, each was more awful than the other. The service was not great too, as the waitress seemed disinterested to serve and had to be called every time you want to order something.

The most ironical fact however was that the desert here was not too bad. Tried some and kind of liked it. The seating and the internal ambience is pretty good too.
How I wish they would allow us to get decent beer from outside or at least stock some regular brands so as to spare us their concoction.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank cmandal
San Antonio
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Completely revamped menu”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Ok, it's true- they'd gotten a little long in the tooth over the past few years. In fact, we hadn't been in years because there was better beer, better food and better service all over this part of San Antonio. We were approached by a friend though who let us know that they were completely re-doing the menu and that we should give it a couple weeks and then go. So- that's exactly what we did. And my, what a difference. Completely new food items, an actual kid menu and new and happy servers. We've been back three times since! Things to try- if you have a heart condition and want to die happy- get the poutine. French fries, cheese curd, a decadent sauce and just for giggles- fois gras on top. We split it between six adults. My husband reports that the burger is amazing. I've had the tomato soup (really nicely done), several salads and the scotch egg. The last salad I got was a special- it was mixed greens, poached pears, with a perfect chicken breast and the exactly perfect amount of blue cheese. Hopefully that one will come back again. The beer has improved along with the food. It's good to see an old friend get refreshed and revived. The only downside is that they don't allow dogs on the porch anymore.

Visited October 2012