“Great place for lunch, short walk from the Riverwalk”
Review of The Station Cafe

The Station Cafe
Ranked #191 of 4,714 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The Station Café is in what was formerly a gas station. They serve up really good deli sandwiches, salads and soups. In true San Antonio fashion, some of the sandwiches are SPICY! It is a great value for the buck.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

I have been eating here for several years; back when it was in the little gas station. The food quality is fresh and prepared perfectly. On my most recent visit I had the San Antonio Cheesesteak. It was so doggone good I wish I could have bought a dozen of them to take home with me. I can say that I have never had a bad meal here.

1  Thank diverdude2
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Nice place, with huge menu. The salads are wonderful, specially the greek salad. You cannot skip dessert. We will be back!

Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

It's cheap, local, close to down town (driving distance) and good. I agree, their sandwiches rock!!!! Watch out for noon traffic at the business. Get there a little early.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

"The sandwiches rock!" and pretty much sums up my review of the Filling Station's roast beef sandwiches. I love the Habanero roast beef sandwiches, just the right combination of toasty hot buns with savoring roast beef and their "oh-so-good-you-will-salivate-on-the-spot" habanero sauce. If you dare, try their Pele's Fire "ghost pepper guaranteed to make you sweat" roast beef sandwiche. One bite and you'll be a regular customer of this place, just like me. :-D

1  Thank Jeremy L