$153
Hotel Contessa(San Antonio)
$179
Hotel Contessa
$279
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$207
  • Restaurant
$506
$419
Hyatt.com
All reviewsfiesta texasfront deskpriced hotelmedical centersix flagsfitness roombreakfast barcomfortable bedslarge roomnight stayyogurtfree breakfastfreewayclerkbeddinghallwayrefrigerator
Reviewed July 13, 2009

The hotel is really lovely inside and out. It's off the hwy and can't be seen from the road so you have to have good GPS and quick reflexes to find Woodstone, but once you do it's easy in and out. It's near lots of places to eat and shop. Not far from Sea World and not bad to drive downtown.

Our room was great!! There were 2 adults, 2 teenagers and 2 young children. The 2 queen beds were very comfy and there was a sofa bed for the teenagers. We had a mini fridge and microwave which came in handy.

The breakfast was really good. I was surprised. There was a variety of food items to choose from and it was fresh and well stocked.

Now for the bad part...the first night we were there our van was broken in to. Fortunately, we had taken most things into the room. Apparently, our cell chargers plugged in made it tempting to thieves and they busted the window out on the sliding door of the van. The police said that it doesn't matter the time of day, where you're parked or where the hotel is. These things happen. That being said, the GM of the hotel was wonderful! She sent maintenance to clean out the broken glass. Since we were missing an entire day at Sea World waiting on the police and repairs, she comped an extra night so we could still have our 2 days at Sea World and even gave cell chargers that we could use in the room since we didn't bring our wall chargers.

If we go back in the fall, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank roadtrippers06
Gilbert C, Front Office Manager at Hotel San Antonio I-10 Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2015

Reviewed October 23, 2008

For our five night stay my wife and I had a room with 2 queen beds and a living area with fold out sofa bed for when our 21 yr old daughter would be staying with us. Tons of room for all of us! For under $125 per night with enjoyed a very clean and large room (technically suite) on the first floor that proved to be very convenient. The fitness center, laundry facilities ($1 per use with .50 cent detergent available a the desk), business center with printer, breakfast/TV/lobby. A very full breakfast is available complimentry each day (which saved me alot with 3 people), USA Today complimentary and late afternoon/evening cookies too. The outdoor pool (unheated) has plenty of privacy from the road.

This hotel is very convenient to I-10 and within a couple miles of the I-410 loop. 15-20 minutes to Lackland AFB, Downtown San Antonio or the airport. Absolutely TONS of shopping, gas stations and great independent and chain restaurants are very close. Very clean hotel with helpful friendly staff.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank RoadTripper516

Reviewed August 5, 2008

Nice Holiday Inn Express. Close to Sea World, 10 minute drive. We were on the top floor and our room was very clean. Front desk staff was extremely helpful. Needed to do laundry, hotel gives you the soap and softener. Machine was only $1, which was a bargain compared to some other hotels.

Breakfast was great. Every item was stocked, cheese omelets were very good. Good selection of fruit too. Although the sign says they close at 9:30, they stayed open until about 10am to make sure all the guests that wanted breakfast were severed. Nice switch from some hotels that just push you out of the eating area so they can close down.

Business center had everything you needed. Price was great for the location and the time of season. As long as you have a car to get around, this is a great location.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank cobaltshadow

Reviewed August 2, 2008

Within three minutes of being in the room, I found three silverfish in the bed. Granted, these aren't the nightmare that real bed bugs are, but I'd rather not have any bugs in my bed. We were on the first floor and the gaps under the doors are pretty large, so that probably explains how these bugs get around this hotel.

Otherwise, the hotel was good for a night, but I don't think it offered the level of luxury that previous reviews imply. Besides the bug issue, we found it annoying that our room only had one trashcan. This meant a constant back and forth between the bathroom and the "living" area. The gap under the door also meant that some hallway noise came in, but not as much as I would have expected based on the size of the gap.

There are a lot of restaurants and some shopping nearby. Whatever you do, don't go to the Golden Corral. It made me doubt that a Texas Department of Health even exists.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelingPhD

Reviewed March 13, 2008

My husband and I took advantage of a Last Minute Vacation package offered by one of the airlines. We had several hotels to choose from and I did lots of studying on Tripadvisor before selecting this hotel.

The location was close to the freeway and convenient to get just about anywhere. The freeway system in San Antonio is unique with loops all around the city. The hotel was not near downtown but it was only a 15 minute ride to downtown and we didn't have to pay any additional fee for parking.

The room was in good condition and most importantly, it was quiet! The bed was big and comfy with your choice of pillows. The room had a small refrigerator with a freezer compartment but be forwarned, the freezer doesn't really work. We bought some small pints of ice cream and put it in there and by the next day, they were both mush. The bathoom was a good size with a cute little space to put your things. I wasn't crazy about the shower head but overall, the shower was fine.

They do have a small business center with a single computer. You may have to wait to get to the computer.

They boast about a great breakfast and I must say, that was probably the biggest disappointment. While I was glad they provided breakfast, their advertising leads you to believe you will get something like they offer at Embassy Suites with omelets to order. Well, it's not. You do get preformed egg patties with bacon and/or sausage and all the continental type offerings. I didn't go hungry but I was left drooling over the possibility of an omelet!

Overall, we were pleased with the hotel and wouldn't hesitate staying there again if we ever return to San Antonio.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple