$96
  • Breakfast included
$409
$359
  • Restaurant
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$207
$168
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $196/night.

$506
$419
Hyatt.com
All reviewsfiesta texasfront deskpriced hotelmedical centersix flagsfitness roombreakfast barcomfortable bedslarge roomnight stayyogurtfree breakfastfreewayclerkbeddinghallwayrefrigerator
Reviewed September 6, 2007

I recently had the opportunity to visit this hotel for a one night stay, while traveling on business. I did arrive late and didn't use many amenities like the pool, but what I saw I liked quite a bit.

This hotel is very nice inside. I was pleasantly pleased by the appearance and quality of the furnishings, both in the rooms and common areas; the room's bedding was nice and very comfortable, and the bath linens were luxurious feeling. The staff was very pleasant and hardworking and really, the parts of the hotel I saw were spotless. the room was nice and quiet and everything worked well. I got a room w/ a fridge, microwave, and other mini-kitchen accessories. (I didn't use the majority of what the room or hotel offered unfortunately). i did make extensive use of the free wi-fi for catching up on emails.

Two things to be aware of: the location is very convenient to several major companies, including USAA and Valero, but San Antonio's system of access and feeder roads makes finding the hotel a bit tough. (yes, it was dark and late, so maybe I was just tired).

As well, the HI Express chain's idea of breakfast is lacking, in my opinion. Nothing hot, and a fairly weak selection of fruit, yogurt, baked items, etc. The chain could upgrade this a bit I think; but I wouldn't hold this against the hotel.

If you are in town for a quick trip, or passing through, I'd give it a 10 rating and have no hesitations about it.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank relambjr
Gilbert C, Front Office Manager at Hotel San Antonio I-10 Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2015

Reviewed May 19, 2007

I chose this location based on previous reviews and because of my good overall experience with Holiday Inn Express hotels.
First the good ...
The room I was in was VERY roomy, a single king, couch, small table with chairs and one comfy overstuffed chair. My room was right off the elevator but I heard no noise nor any neighbors even though the hotel was very busy. Breakfast was standard fare, mostly cold items, cereal, waffles, toast, fruit pastries etc., the room was clean, furnishings in very good shape, bathroom a little small but clean and upscale. The staff were pleasant and very helpful when I asked questions more than once about places to eat, and how to get around.
Now the not so good ...
The pool was freezing, unheated and unusable. because of that. I saw several families with kids go out only to return disappointed. I should have asked if there was a problem at the time but did not. Secondly, in my room there was a small fridge, but I did not notice until I went to bed that the fridge was very noisy... bad enough to spoil my first nights sleep. I asked for a replacement but it never happened ( I was here 3 nights). I ended up unplugging the fridge my last 2 nights. And third was the location. I mean the access and getting around. The hotel sits off the freeway where there is a one way road (northbound) and seemingly no easy way to get to this place or to leave in a southbound direction for local restaurants & shopping. I eventually learned how to use a few back roads, but it was mildly inconvenient. Once you learn the funny way to get to the freeway on ramps, its easy to head downtown or wherever. Just be patient and plan on driving around a very long block a few times till you figure it out.
But overall it was a very clean, comfortable and quiet stay in a very nice part of the suburbs.
The few inconveniences were minor ..I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
8  Thank phazerbro

Reviewed April 10, 2007

I was so impressed with this hotel. Everything was so new, so of course it was nice, but everything was so high-end as well. Down comforters on the bed, granite countertops in the bathroom, HUGE rooms, and a wonderful staff! Speaking of the staff, that is probably the best thing about this hotel. The lady that was in charge of the continental breakfast went around and made sure everybody was finished before she started putting things away. The front desk always said hello and asked how our day went when we came back, and they always made sure we had directions when we left. The area is very safe - within walking distance is a newer strip mall with Ann Taylor and a few other stores - there is also a Macaronni Grill. If you take a right out of the hotel and then another right at the dead-end, there is a Walgreens and a couple of gas stations.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank Amber M

Reviewed March 15, 2007

Made reservation thru an 800 number, not the actual hotel that we stayed at. When got there the main number had booked us for May not March when we were there. The hotel put us in a great suite at original price . Very clean, very friendly help and great location for most activities. Breakfast good and lots of variety.

Stayed: March 2007
7  Thank Bookergirl

Reviewed July 10, 2006

We stayed four nights in a 2-bed room (think they were queen-size) with a desk, chair, easy/arm chair, lamps, nice bathroom with 4-cup coffeemaker. The large television had about 98-100 cable channels. There was also a small microwave and fridge built into the TV armoire, and 4 drawers. Hotel looks to be quite new and is set off from Interstate 10 so is very quiet. Has a workout room, well-kept outdoor pool with several tables and chairs around it, and a small business center. The breakfast is coffee, juice, milk, teabags, cereals, danish, cinnamon rolls, waffles, french toast, english muffins, bread and bagels, and fresh fruit and also cut fruit salad. All the fixin's - syrup, butter, jelly, cream cheese, honey, etc. Access to the rooms is via an interior hallway with the main front entrance, a poolside entrance and a backside entrance, which have a keycard lock.

I saw a deer cross the parking lot one night and disappear into the wooded lot next door - in the middle of all this development, quite amazing! There are several shopping centers nearby - with a fantastic HEB grocery store, a Target, AMC Theater, Wendys,etc. There are a lot of restaurants in the hotel area - we ate a family events so nothing specific to report.

Good access to I-10, about 5-10 minutes to I-410 or to Fiesta Texas, and about 20-25 minutes to Airport Blvd. Rental car drivers can exit I-410 at Jones-Maltsberger Rd and get gas at the Walmart 1 block off 410 prior to turning in the car. There is extensive road construction along I-10 and I-410 so drive safely.

• Stayed: July 2006