“Great Service!”

Ranked #172 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Georgetown, Texas, United States
“Great Service!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed here for 3 weeks for training and the staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. David, the gentleman who worked the desk in the evening, was always there with an extra hand, salt and pepper shaker, conversation or anything you needed. The breakfasts were fabulous and the ladies who looked over that were also friendly. I know they all are are supposed to be friendly but they made me feel like I was their #1 priority. Cannot leave out the morning folks who sent me out each day with a sincere greeting. I will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kailey M, Front Office Manager at Hotel San Antonio I-10 Northwest, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments regarding Holiday Inn Express IH-10 NW. We value your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to share your delightful experience. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make our hotel exceptional. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Fiesta.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband, son and I regularly stay at Holiday Inn Expresses because while they aren't fancy, you can usually count on them to be clean, the beds to be comfortable and they usually have microwaves in the room which we need to feed our infant son. We also enjoy the breakfast and the cookies and happy hour that some locations have. In fact, the last five hotel stays we have had have all been in HIE. Unfortunately, this location was not up to par. It started at check in. We booked through expedia and made sure before booking that it stated that the room had a microwave in every room. We need a microwave because we have an infant son who is on special hypo-allergenic formula. Therefore, we have to have an in-room microwave to be able to steam bottles. At check in, I clarified that they had an in-room microwave as the ad on Expedia had stated. The man at the desk told me no, they didn't. I informed him that expedia said otherwise and explained to him why I needed a microwave. He told me I could come down to the eating area and use their microwave. I explained to him that I was not going to get up in the middle of the night and come down to the general area to warm up a bottle just to be able to feed my son--that was ridiculous--especially when we had made sure before booking and the entire reason we had stayed with them was because they had an in-room microwave! (But for the microwave, I would have booked at a much nicer hotel that didn't have an in room microwave but was the same price!) He then calls over what appeared to be a manager or assistant manager. Without even hearing why we needed the in-room microwave, the man began screaming (literally screaming) at me. Honestly, I have never been treated so rudely and unprofessionally at a hotel ever. I then started trying to explain to him why I did not find this to be a practical solution and he just simply walked away and ignored me! (As an aside, if I had just been wanting to heat up a snack, I probably would have come down to the general area where there was a microwave and not made a big deal out of it. However, anyone who has to get up with an infant several times a night for middle-of-the-night feedings knows that this isn't practical.) Despite the fact that I was almost in tears from being treated so poorly, I called after the man and told him he needed to come back and resolve the situation...which, finally, he did. After more tense words and about 20 minutes, they were able to locate a microwave to put in my room.

Unfortunately, that is not where the problems ended. The room was really dirty. We put my son on the floor of the room briefly to play and then noticed that within 5 minutes he was covered in grime and dirt--I was disgusted. I'm guessing housekeeping does not vacume. The bathroom was no better. I noticed some sort of mildew around the bathtub and there was a bug in the bathtub, too.

I was disappointed to also learn that there was not the regular milk and cookies happy hour...when I asked about it, they said they were out of cookies. Apparently, they were also out of sodas as well. Their vending machine had a sign on it that it was broken as did the soda machine on both the 1st and 3rd floor. I finally found what I thought was a working machine on the 2nd floor. They were out of my drink of choice (diet dr. pepper), so I pushed the button for a diet coke...only I got a lemonade instead!

At nighttime, my husband requested extra pillows (which we have done at other HFE's and never had a problem) because he sleeps in an incline position. They told us they were out because the hotel was full, but this was a blatant misrepresentation because there was no one staying int he rooms around us. I think that they just didn't want to be bothered.

Additionally, the a/c unit in our room did not appear to be working properly. Despite the fact that we turned it down into the 60's, it appeared to stay at about 80 even at night. As a result of it being so warm in the room, both my husband an I slept very poorly.

The breakfast was also sub-par compared to the other HFE's I have stayed at both in terms of food selection and quality of the food.

Any of the problems by themselves (except for the manager screaming at me which was completely unprofessional and unacceptable) would not have been a big deal by itself, but in aggregate the problems tells me that this hotel has a top-down management problem that HFE should address if they want to preserver their reputation. If this had been our first experience at a HFE, we would likely never stay at another one again.

1 Thank ibackbevo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel San Antonio I-10 Northwest, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear ibackbevo,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we
pride ourselves on and we are sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. We would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
keller
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband, parents, and I stayed one night at this hotel on our way to Corpus Christi. Everything from check-in to check-out was nice. The guy at the front desk was very courteous and professional and explained things very thoroughly. The pool area is very nice, secluded, and clean and we enjoyed our time there. The free breakfast offered a good variety of food. My only complaint is that the coffee was terrible, but that is the only bad thing I can say! The rest of the stay was great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Gilbert C, Front Office Manager at Hotel San Antonio I-10 Northwest, responded to this review, January 13, 2015
Alamogordo, New Mexico
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The staff at this hotel could not have been more accommodating. We had our family from Germany visiting with us, so we needed two rooms. When I made our reservations, I asked if we could have rooms as close together as possible and away from the street side of the hotel.

When we arrived, David Hernandez at the front desk gave me a very warm welcome, said he had handled my original reservation and informed me that our rooms were not only close together, but were next to each other with an adjoining door. He gave us our welcome packs (I am a platinum member) and within minutes of arriving in our room, he called to see if everything was okay.

The room was very comfortable, and the children had a lot of fun going between the rooms. Having the adjoining room, really made a difference in our stay.

The breakfast was also a big hit with our family from Germany. They loved the food choices and especially liked the pancake machine.

Thanks for a great stay!

Coppell, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Our daughter was part of a group of middle school students who stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in San Antonio June 21 and 22.

When she returned home, she was missing her phone. We never called the hotel because she was fairly certain it was at our house somewhere. What a pleasant surprise a week later when we received a phone call from the hotel saying they had found a phone and were calling to verify it was ours! Arrangements were made for ground parcel delivery in a few days. Our second pleasant surprise came when the phone arrived the next day, obviously sent overnight.

In a world where outstanding customer service is almost a thing of the past, we are very grateful for the honest people who found the phone and made the efforts necessary to return it. We will definitely keep Holiday Inn Express in mind for any future trips to San Antonio!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Everything was really good from the front desk to the rooms , 10 minute drive to downtown San Antonio , only thing was the washcloth had hair in it. Other then that mishap everything was good. Also the breakfast was good and free.

• Stayed June 2013
cphips, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel San Antonio I-10 Northwest, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you back soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This room ruined my stay. I had a one day stop over in San Antonio and figured I would hang out and visit some of the attractions in the area. I even booked a jacuzzi room in anticipation of some relaxation. The room that I was given was FILTHY! The bathroom toilet had not even been cleaned!! The jacuzzi had dirt and hairs from the previous occupant. The room was so filthy that I didnt want to touch anything. Its almost as if housekeeping only did a surface clean, not expecting that the guests would check more closely. The clerk informed me that there were no other jacuzzi rooms available when I requested to be moved. He asked if I would prefer to move to a different hotel but I had already driven for 4 hours and I was tired. I got some cleaning supplies from the front desk, cleaned the room myself and went to sleep!!! The pool had clumps of dirt in the bottom so I didnt use it. The busiest holiday weekend of the year and this hotel had a dirty pool! I have stayed at plenty of Holiday Inn Express - this was my first dissapointment. I'm no hotel snob by a long shot...I have stayed in everything from basic truck stop hotels to the Four Seasons, and honestly this was the worst. My last stay previous to this one was at a Motel 6 and the room was the cleanest ever! Two thumbs down for this Holiday Inn Express. Im a reward member but I'm going to go with another chain.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel San Antonio I-10 Northwest, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Renee H,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations, and I apologize you were not satisfied with the room conditions. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the cleanliness of the room has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A