“Holiday Inn Express”

Ranked #162 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Abilene, Texas
“Holiday Inn Express”
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Always consistent and why we come here. Bed is extremely comfy and the bedding is nice, too. There were a lot of guests here from Christmas and although it was crowded during breakfast, they were well stocked and didn't run out if food.

• Stayed December 2012
cphips, Manager at Hotel San Antonio I-10 Northwest, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for allowing us to be your place to stay in San Antonio. We were pleased that you spent a portion of your holiday with us. See you next time! Best Regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed September 12, 2012

This was my 2nd time at a Holiday inn Express, though my first here. It was exactly as i expected, no surprises. a good value, with a clean room and friendly staff. I think this would be a good place for families because the breakfast variety is good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
cphips, Front Office Manager at Hotel San Antonio I-10 Northwest, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
It is guests such as yourself that make what we do rewarding. Please visit us again.
Midwest City, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I took my kids on vacation at the beginning of August and I wanted to stay somewhere really nice but not too expensive since we would be there for a few days. I was very impressed with my overall hotel stay. The staff was very helpful by telling us directions and where places are since we were not familiar with San Antonio. My phone in my room didn't work and within a couple of hours they had it fixed. The breakfast was a full breakfast bar not the usual donuts and coffee. The location was very convenient to all the places we went and easily accessible from the highway. I would definately stay here again and I will recommend this hotel to my friends and family if they ever come to San Antonio.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
cphips, General Manager at Hotel San Antonio I-10 Northwest, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Just wanted to thank you for spending your family vacation with us. Come back and see us again on your next trip to San Antonio. Best Regards
Harlingen, Texas
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed in this hotel before but this time was a nightmare and we will NEVER go back!! First when we booked the room we were booked in changed from a king size to a whirlpool room..yuck! So we changed our room on line, had to pay more. We checked in and there was an ionizer and a dehumidifier in our room. Painting had just been done, I think. We decided the smell was bearable, bad decision!! We both woke up with stopped up sinuses and sore throats. Every time the A/C came on, there was a horrible mold smell. We checked out the next day ending our trip because we both were so sick. I will never stay in an HIE again!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel San Antonio I-10 Northwest, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear SoTX,

Thank you for posting a review of our property and for staying with us again. I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with your room accommodations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Celestun, Yucatan, mexico
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This hotel was clean, good front desk service, nice pool, located close to shopping and restaurants
Short drive to sea world and other attractions.

Would recommend this hotel anytime. Will return next time I am in San Antonio.

Room Tip: Pool view is nice
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Gilbert C, Front Office Manager at Hotel San Antonio I-10 Northwest, responded to this review, January 13, 2015
Thank you for your feedback! We hope to see you again.
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed July 16, 2012

First and last time to stay at this hotel. Service was fair, they definintly won't go out of there way to help you. The soda machines were empty,no cookies, no microwave in room, could use cleaning. When I got home and unpacked I noticed that I had left an article of clothing in my room. I called the hotel, they said I would have to talk to the head housekeeper, left my name, number and room # that I had just checked out of that morning. Waited till afternoon the next day still no call from anyone. I tried again and again. They NEVER returned my calls, finally caught the head housekeeper at work three days later and they couldn't find anything - ya think!
This is not like any Holiday Inn Express that I am use to, try LaQuinta if you have to stay on this side of town.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel San Antonio I-10 Northwest, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear FlossingGirl,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is the 2nd time we've spent a week here during the last three years. Our experience again, was flawless. The Front Desk was professional as could be, the Housekeeping staff was expret in their daily duties, and the breakfast buffet attendants were fabulous.

This has become our 'go-to' stay when visiting in San Antonio.

Room Tip: Close to a number of retail and restaurant opportunities straight up the service road.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback! We hope to see you again.