All reviewsfront deskfiesta texaspriced hotelmedical centersix flagsfitness roombreakfast barcomfortable bedslarge roomnight stayyogurtfree breakfastfreewayclerkbeddinghallwayrefrigerator
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We have stayed in this hotel before but this time was a nightmare and we will NEVER go back!! First when we booked the room we were booked in changed from a king size to a whirlpool room..yuck! So we changed our room on line, had to pay more. We checked in and there was an ionizer and a dehumidifier in our room. Painting had just been done, I think. We decided the smell was bearable, bad decision!! We both woke up with stopped up sinuses and sore throats. Every time the A/C came on, there was a horrible mold smell. We checked out the next day ending our trip because we both were so sick. I will never stay in an HIE again!!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel San Antonio I-10 Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Dear SoTX,

Thank you for posting a review of our property and for staying with us again. I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with your room accommodations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 8, 2012

This hotel was clean, good front desk service, nice pool, located close to shopping and restaurants
Short drive to sea world and other attractions.

Would recommend this hotel anytime. Will return next time I am in San Antonio.

Room Tip: Pool view is nice
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Gilbert C, Front Office Manager at Hotel San Antonio I-10 Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2015

Thank you for your feedback! We hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

First and last time to stay at this hotel. Service was fair, they definintly won't go out of there way to help you. The soda machines were empty,no cookies, no microwave in room, could use cleaning. When I got home and unpacked I noticed that I had left an article of clothing in my room. I called the hotel, they said I would have to talk to the head housekeeper, left my name, number and room # that I had just checked out of that morning. Waited till afternoon the next day still no call from anyone. I tried again and again. They NEVER returned my calls, finally caught the head housekeeper at work three days later and they couldn't find anything - ya think!
This is not like any Holiday Inn Express that I am use to, try LaQuinta if you have to stay on this side of town.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel San Antonio I-10 Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear FlossingGirl,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is the 2nd time we've spent a week here during the last three years. Our experience again, was flawless. The Front Desk was professional as could be, the Housekeeping staff was expret in their daily duties, and the breakfast buffet attendants were fabulous.

This has become our 'go-to' stay when visiting in San Antonio.

Room Tip: Close to a number of retail and restaurant opportunities straight up the service road.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback! We hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

My husband and I traveled to San Antonio for our Anniversary weekend. We wanted something close to a golf course we were playing, so we chose the HIE and stayed the night of June 2nd. We checked in to our room then went to dinner at a nearby restaurant and came back in time to watch some basketball before bed. Probably about 30 minutes after we fell asleep, the hotel room phone rang but we had just fallen asleep so we thought we were dreaming. Ten minutes after the phone rang, someone knocked on the door but we didn't answer it. Next thing we knew, someone put a key card in the door and opened it!!!!! Luckily we had the latch hooked so they weren't able to get in. My husband called the front desk to see what the deal was and the front desk clerk said she would find out what was going on and call us back. Well, she never called us back. So my husband called once again and the front desk clerk said, "well we accidentally gave someone a key to your room". The next morning my husband went to the front desk to discuss the matter and the front desk clerk said, "well, I think they weren't sure if they had rented that room out or not". She offered no apologies or any discount for our sleepless night and inconvenience. Horrible service.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hospitalityhost

Thank you for your feedback.