“Great Place to Stay!”

Hotel San Antonio I-10 Northwest
Ranked #188 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We were so grateful to stay in this nice clean comfortable hotel!! We were at the mercy of any clean reasonably priced hotel that would take us after promptly checking in/out of another hotel within minutes due to bugs. We were a little skittish and probably appeared a little "off" to the hotel staff. The staff was gracious to locate two great rooms for us. The size of my corner king with a microwave and refridgerator was fantastic. The room had plenty of space! Everything was clean and quality. We stayed for several days here.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Gilbert C, Front Office Manager at Hotel San Antonio I-10 Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2015

Reviewed August 15, 2011

Spent 3 nights here and they were great. It was so hot we were taking 2 showers a day, and the front desk was happy to give me an extra set of towels each evening. Sunday breakfast was a little crowded and noisy because there is a church service in the meeting room. If I'd known ahead of time I'd have asked for an upper floor room- I'm glad we weren't sleeping in. But the room and the facilities were great!

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 10, 2011

We have stayed here much over the last several years as our daughter lives in San Antonio. We stayed the weekend of July 29-31st most recently. Sometime over Saturday night or early Sunday morning, two vehicles were broken into. The police were there because someone had called one of the auto breakins to the police dept. The desk clerk reported another vehicle to the police while they were there for the one called into them. I only saw one of automobiles since it was parked near ours. The window on the driver side was smashed and the trunk was open. I love this hotel. They always are very nice and helpful. Just San Antonio these days--you absolutely cannot leave practically even an empty fast food bag in your car anymore. It is everywhere. Do not leave anything in your car--not ANYTHING!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 22, 2011

Like other reviews, it is a little tricky to find the first time. It is in a great location, close to restaurants, shopping and several freeways. The staff at the Front Desk was extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel and rooms were very well kept and clean. The only complaint I had was they had old TV's which I am sure they are in the process of upgrading. I would definately recommend to others!!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
ttribby, Owner at Hotel San Antonio I-10 Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our Holiday Inn Express hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay! We know that it can be hard to find us, but once you do it is worth it! We strive to provide our guests with excellent customer service. We hope that you do recommend us to your friends and that you stay with us the next time you are in San Antonio!

Reviewed January 21, 2011

We stayed here for a week while visiting our son. The breakfast was good and there was always lots of food. Quiet, clean and the staff friendly. Coffee, hot chocolate and oatmeal available around the clock. The room was large and a nice layout.
Tripadvisor has the highway # incorrect it is on #10 instead of 90. The street address is correct.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 15, 2010

About average for a holiday inn express. Rooms and common areas were nice, I had problems with the WiFi dropping me every few minutes in my room. Breakfast was a little less than what most Holiday Inn Express's have, no fresh texas shaped waffles. I had a whirlpool rooms, the whirlpool was not in the room like the website shows, but was just a tub in the bathroom that would be great for a person less than 120 pounds. But the jets were so filthy that I wouldn't even think of sitting in the thing. Location was a bit of a pain if you miss the turn off the service drive, but otherwise it was nice. No high definition television. Probably won't stay here next time I am in town.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed July 13, 2009

The hotel is really lovely inside and out. It's off the hwy and can't be seen from the road so you have to have good GPS and quick reflexes to find Woodstone, but once you do it's easy in and out. It's near lots of places to eat and shop. Not far from Sea World and not bad to drive downtown.

Our room was great!! There were 2 adults, 2 teenagers and 2 young children. The 2 queen beds were very comfy and there was a sofa bed for the teenagers. We had a mini fridge and microwave which came in handy.

The breakfast was really good. I was surprised. There was a variety of food items to choose from and it was fresh and well stocked.

Now for the bad part...the first night we were there our van was broken in to. Fortunately, we had taken most things into the room. Apparently, our cell chargers plugged in made it tempting to thieves and they busted the window out on the sliding door of the van. The police said that it doesn't matter the time of day, where you're parked or where the hotel is. These things happen. That being said, the GM of the hotel was wonderful! She sent maintenance to clean out the broken glass. Since we were missing an entire day at Sea World waiting on the police and repairs, she comped an extra night so we could still have our 2 days at Sea World and even gave cell chargers that we could use in the room since we didn't bring our wall chargers.

If we go back in the fall, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family