“A good place to stay”

Best Western Garden Inn
Ranked #73 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The hotel is well situated for business activities on the north east side of San Antonio. Access to interstate very easy and lots of dining choices. If you want to shop, there are several big shopping areas close by. The room we stayed in needed a little cosmetic maintenance but every thing worked well, the shower was a trip, enough water pressure and water to take at least one layer of skin off. I was very surprised to find that they did not supply the usual shampoo and lotion in the room, you have to ask for it. Despite being right on the interstate, our room was very quiet even though it was located very close to the highway. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was the usual fare found in most hotels these days. The hotel is a good value for the price paid and yes I would return should we need to stay in the area again. I've become very suspicious of hotels lately, most we've stayed at lately were disappointing and so we've switched to Best Western and have been a lot happier while traveling.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
BWGardenInnSA, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

I want to Thank You for taking the time to share your experience about our hotel. I am glad your stay with us was good and that you found our hotel very clean and a good value. Service and Cleanliness are very important to our hotel and staff. The hotel does provide extra amenities at the front desk however Best Western Plus and Best Western Premier do offer extra amenities in their hotel rooms. We are working to improve maintenance and hope the next time you come that it will be impeccable.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Friendly staff on arrival and departure. Clean room and clean lobby. Internet and fitness room available. Great location and near many restaurants. Great place to stay for price paid. Decent size pool and clean. Breakfast was good no complaints. I would recommend this hotel to friends, family and others.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWGardenInnSA, General Manager at Best Western Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

We appreciate the kind words to describe our hotel. I am glad to read your stay with us was comfortable and a good value. We try to ensure that we provide a clean and comfortable stay for every guest at a great value. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

The hotel was better then expected! It was clean and the staff was very friendly/helpful! The 1st room we received the lock on the door was broken so they had to move us to another room. They were very nice and helpful in accommodating to us! We would return!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank You for sharing your experience. I am glad you found our hotel to be clean, friendly and accommodating. We try to ensure that our guests are provided with great service. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Wow, this is one of the most challenging reviews that I have written. The hotel was rated so well by Trip Advisor Reviews that I was swayed away from the hotel I originally selected for my stay in the Universal City area. When I return in 2 days I will not stay at this hotel...ever again. When we drove up I was not pleased with the exterior doors and lack of an elevator. Not a deal breaker at this point. The exterior actually looks very well maintained but one step into the lobby and the stench was overwhelming. I still did not back out...figuiring my room would be non-smoking and certainly be sprayed to a welcoming freshness. Upon entering my assigned room I was not greeted with a cool fresh room, but rather a hot and musty smelling room. I unloaded my wife and belongings into the room. This is were it went completely down hill. My wife decided to brew a pot of hot water...the coffee maker is plugged into a built in nook shelve...which was at her shoulder level. She took out the pot to fill with water...but it was already full of coffee and you guessed it...it ended up all over her blouse and pants. Remains to be seen if the coffee stains come out with laundering. Due to a busy evening I did not climb in bed until after 11pm. My wife did not crawl in until 12:30am. Before she crawled into the sheets, she pulled back all the blankets due to the lack of effeciency the A/C offered in cooling off the room. She went into a panic. The bottom sheet on her side of the been was filthy...dirty, dragged in dirt...dirty. I was awoken by her fretting. As she was trying to figure out a solution rather putting clothes on to obtain a clean sheet from the front office. She slept ontop of the bedding. When the maid came to service the room in the morning my wife showed her the sheets. The maid told my wife it looked as if the sheets had fallen, dragged and by the black skidded had even been ran over by the cleaning cart. The maid assured my wife it was not her that had serviced the room. The room never did cool down. The bed offered average comfort. The sofa was one of worst of sitting comfort. The roomt that the tub/shower and toilet occupies is so small that the toilet was actually not put in straight, to allow the bathoom door to close. The showerhead was upgraded and mounted high; offering a decent and relaxing shower. Very basic room. Although under $100 with tax per night for the room, not a good enough value. Two nights of noise and uncomfortable room tempature. I will be staying in Schertz on my return trip to the area.

Room Tip: We had a downstairs room and the pounding of the feet overbeared the noisy A/C. At 3am we turned on...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
BWGardenInnSA, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

I am disappointed to read that we fell short of your expectations as this is not normal for our hotel. I see that you feel the rooms were not clean and I am surprised that the housekeeper did not address the issue. I will personally look into this issue. If there are any issues please do not hesitate to call the front desk even at midnight. I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. Please come again and we will exceed them.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

After a string of crummy motels this was a welcome change. It is close to everything and the staff was very helpful. The room was clean and everything worked. The only drawback was not being able to park in front of the room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I want to Thank You for staying with us recently and sharing your experience. I am glad your stay with us was great and that you found our hotel very clean and comfortable. Service and Cleanliness are very important to our hotel and staff. We always try to strive to ensure our guests receive the best product and service at all times. We do have some rooms with parking in front, please ask at check-in or call beforehand and we always try to accommodate guest requests. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed the weekend at the Best Western Garden Inn this past weekend. The service was great, and the room was good. Downtown was like 10 minutes down the road and there were restaurants nearby (within a minute or two from the hotel.) We did have a freak power outage in our room but the staff took care of it immediately. Overall I would say it was a very good experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am excited to read that you had a good stay with us. We try to ensure that our guests are provided with great service. I’m glad to hear the staff was able to take care of the outage efficiently. We are close to a variety of places including Natural Bridge Caverns (5miles), Splashtown (12miles) and the San Antonio Zoo (13 miles). We hope to see you soon in the future.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I booked this hotel same day we checked in, so didn't get the best rate but we enjoyed our stay here. The staff were very helpful and nice. The room was clean. Breakfast was good. We enjoyed our overall stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Manojit D
BWGardenInnSA, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

We appreciate you sharing your experience. I am glad you found our hotel clean and enjoyable. I also see that our staff was helpful which is important to us. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Hopefully we will see you in the future.