“Nice but Pricey”

Best Western Garden Inn
Ranked #69 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Best Westerns are where my family would most likely stay while traveling when I grew up. The older I have gotten, it seems they are one of the most dependable chains. You never get a dud. However, since the addition of the "Plus" Best Westerns, the price has seemed to become a little out of the normal range of what one would expect to pay for a night at a Best Western. This hotel was wonderful. It was a little better than I expected to be, but the price reflected that. It was a little pricey for what was received, even though it was nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWGardenInnSA, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

I am glad that you had a nice stay at our hotel. I do apologize that the price was not what you expected. The hotel does offer many different amenities for our guests. All of our rooms do have microwave, refrigerators, coffee makers, irons and ironing boards. We also have a large outdoor pool, spa, and fitness room and business center. The hotel does provide a free breakfast that is included in the price. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Hope to see you and your family in the future.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stay at this hotel all the time. I am a nurse and a woman so I look for cleanliness and security because I come in late sometimes. Here the staff is helpful, nice, and try to be accommodating to all requests. I have stayed here for the past 2 years and have never had any problems that were not immediately corrected. I would recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWGardenInnSA, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

I want to say Thank You for sharing your experience with our hotel. We look forward to your stay every time you come to this area. We do try to accommodate all guests’ requests and we always try to address any issues immediately. We look forward to your stay in the future.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

The hotel is on Interstate 10 and convenient to shopping and restaurants. The pool was very relaxing and the rooms very comfortable. The choices are vast along I-10 but this was a good choice. The staff was friendly and accommodating, I can recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This hotel was very easy to find & had easy access from I-35 in NE San Antonio. Even though this hotel is right on the I-35 feeder road, the area was very quiet & quite relaxing. All the staff that we encountered during our stay were both very helpful & friendly.

The room we stayed in was roomy enough (not overly crowded), even though it had 2 queen beds, a side table with 2 chairs, a mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer & all the other normal hotel room furnishings. The room & bathroom were both very clean & everything was well-stocked (towels, soaps, tissues, etc). The beds & pillows were very comfortable to sleep on. The a/c & flat screen tv both worked very well. This hotel also offers free Wi-Fi internet access.

The pool was quite refreshing & we enjoyed sitting in the hot tub for a while in the evening. We were surprised to learn that the pool area stayed open until 11pm! That is much later than most places, in my experience. There is also an exercise room with various equipment, but we did not utilize that area.

A continental breakfast is available in the morning with a good selection & variety of choices. There were at least 4 different dry cereals, 2% milk, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, biscuits, gravy, coffee, orange & apple juice, yogurt, make-your-own Texas-shaped waffles with butter & syrup, fresh breakfast pastries (not old or dried out!), & fresh fruit. There may have been other items, but that is all I can recall.

Overall, we had a very pleasant stay & I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone. We would be willing to book another stay at this hotel for ourselves in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
BWGardenInnSA, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

I want to Thank You for taking the time to share your experience. It is a joy to hear you love our hotel as we do. I am glad to read that you had a great experience which is exactly what we strive for. We understand that our guests have many choices when staying in our area and want to ensure that we are our customers #1 choice when traveling to our area. I’m glad to hear that you utilized many of our guest amenities. We also have a business center for guest to check emails or print out tickets. We look forward to your next visit and Thank You again for the great review.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWGardenInnSA, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Reviewed May 30, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I would certainly stay again at this hotel. The beds were extremely comfortable and the rooms have a flat screen tv. The mini refrigerator and microwave in each room is a bonus feature as well. So I can have snacks and drinks.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jasmine9oak

I want to Thank You for sharing your experience and are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We try to make our guest feel as most comfortable as we can. We look forward to your next visit to our area.