“Actually on the Riverwalk”
Review of Hotel Contessa

Hotel Contessa
Ranked #10 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Minnesota
“Actually on the Riverwalk”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I feel the need to start with this. The Hotel Contessa is actually on the Riverwalk. Alot of the hotels in downtown San Antonio have Riverwalk in thier name but are several blocks away from the Riverwalk. (whew...got that off my chest) I really enjoyed our stay at the Contessa. Staff was great and we felt well tended to. We happened to be there the night the Spurs won the championship so it was alittle loud in the streets, but not so loud as to bother us. This is a pretty quiet part of the river but an easy walk to the more action packed areas. We had a riverview king suite that had a sitting room we really liked. 2 TVs, large bathroom and a good shower that made our stay very comfortable. The room was clean, comfortable and had a nice view. There is valet parking on site for $30 a night or a lot and ramp across the street for $16 per night. Should you stay here? I know I will next time I'm in San Antonio

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hotfire

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (877)
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 21, 2014

This hotel exceeded my four star expectation. Great room, great location, great restaurant, great pool and staff took care of our every need. Eddie doorman was very helpful giving directions, suggesting restaurants and helped me rent a bike for the week.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is fantastic. All suites. Great location. Wonderful staff. Meeting space comfortable. The bar and restaurant were excellent. Every staff member was friendly and helpful. Would be a great hotel for a family vacation. Great location on the river walk

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank barbara47_11
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I attended a conference at the Hotel. The concierge was excellent and told us about alternative parking across the street, saving us $14 a day. We arrived around noon and had to wait two hours to check in although the hotel seemed relatively empty. Room was excellent except the television and ice machine were broken. Engineering came to fix both but that evening, they both were not working. Most disappointing was the food. Fish was over cooked and not fresh. Salads lacked seasoning and baked potato was really bad. Braised ribs were tender and delicious.
This is our third time at the Contessa. The fire alarm went off everyday (3 times). I have to assume there were extenuating circumstances.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Lorraine D
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I wanted to send out a note on the stellar service we received from Ismael Gaona during our retreat. I was at your hotel for an AARP retreat and I for every need I looked to Ismael and he provided an exceptional level of service.

He was great with our staff and our attendees and I appreciate his attention to detail and his forward thinking when it came to assisting us with our needs during the week of 6/16-6/21.

Thanks Ismael. Your service did not go unnoticed.

Best,
Benne' Gallion

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Houston
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Nice clean beautiful hotel, I had a little problem with the room keys, but nothing that they couldn't fix & the issue I had with the hotel . Kate was nice enough to help me with what was going on I wouldn't recommend any other person from this hotel . She is the one ! She took very good care of me

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Rocky199
College Station, Texas
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Thank you Contessa staff for your courteous, helpful, and inviting environment you create for your guest!

I was extremely impressed while at The Hotel Contessa! The staff was extremely kind, polite, knowledgeable; they even remembered me by my first name . . . IMPRESSIVE to say the least.

With access to the Riverwalk, this made it a convenient place to browse the stores, access restaurants, and other locales inviting to the traveler in San Antonio.

Once again, thank you for exceptional service and welcoming staff!

Jon A. - Corporate Risk Manager

Room Tip: Don't compromise price for comfort!