“Such Nice Staff”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Waco, Texas
“Such Nice Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

This was a business trip for me, but the staff made me feel like I was on a luxury vacation. I drove myself, but the valet staff opened my car door for me, helped me with my luggage, and helped to give me directions. They genuinely cared for me, and I had to write on here that they were truly amazing. I recommend this hotel simply for the valet staff!

Green Features: The hotel needs recycling bins. I feel like I saw plastic bottles everywhere, and nowhere to put them. I may have missed this, but there definitely weren't any on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (851)
San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

I live in San Antonio and come downtown occasionally for a staycation. Hotel Contessa did not disappoint. Check in was easy and our room was ready early, went to the rooftop pool right away and enjoyed lounging with views of the city. Walked across the street from the hotel for happy hour at Zinc and later in the evening we walked to dinner at Biga on the Banks. Hotel is all suites, so it makes your stay very comfortable and roomy! Loved the patio on the 2nd floor for looking over the river walk and quiet and so relaxing! Would love to come back for our annual staycation! It was a great experience all around and the Spurs won the first round of playoffs, so it was even better! ;)

Room Tip: We had a city view but it still had partial river views too.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TabithaJ04
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

My husband and I were in San Antonio for the weekend and stayed at Hotel Contessa. Hotel Contessa is very nice and the location is wonderful and our view was amazing!! The downside was their bed was too firm and the sheets were scratchy and uncomfortable. Also, the toliet roll in the bathroom was really dusty. Our experience at Hotel Contessa was very nice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
GM_Contessa, General Manager at Hotel Contessa, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear davethecruiser,

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your review on TripAdvisor. It is great to know that our location was perfect for you and that overall your experience at the hotel was a nice one.

I am sorry to hear that you found the bed too firm and that the sheets to be scratchy. It is most unusual to hear negative comments about the beds as they are less than a year old and most guests find them to be very comfortable. Bedding is certainly a very personal preference and we selected a mattress that we felt would satisfy the greatest number of guests possible. I will also look into the detergent settings to assure that the sheets are being laundered correctly. They should be soft and not feel scratchy. My apologies if the bedding impacted the quality of your rest during your visit.

As for the dust, while I appreciate you mentioning this to us, I am very sorry to hear about this and I can assure you that this imperfection is certainly not consistent with the level of service that we strive to deliver and that we have become recognized for. It will be addressed with our team.

We sincerely appreciate your comments and we hope to have you return to Hotel Contessa sometime in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,
Les
Cypress, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

This is a beautiful, all suite hotel. The rooms are fantastic with the seperate living area and the pull out sofa. The restrooms are roomy for a hotel room. Every employee is friendly. Stayed here during NIOSA so its just steps away from the festivities.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kortiz
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

Excellent!! The spa was wonderful and the hotel staff was, too. Great location. We were able to walk almost everywhere we wanted to visit. Definitely one of the better hotel experiences I've ever had.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Our first stay that this hotel and it was the best experience I've ever had at any hotel. Love the Riverwalk area and we had a riverview room. Great staff and friendliest I have ever been around. Would recommend staying here to everyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room. Beautiful sights
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Bryan M
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

This was our second visit here and we brought our small dog with us. This is an extremely we'll managed hotel and it appears all the employees actually like working there. This makes a big difference in how they treat you. Valet is efficient and courteous. The first time we stayed in an Executive Riverview Room and this time we stayed at the base Cityview Double Room (room 613). There is only a 50 ft2 difference between each room and to be honest, I was just as satisfied with the base level room. I am not sure paying extra for the Executive room is worth it.

There was construction going on at the higher levels of the hotel but the only way I knew this was by spotting a couple of workers by looking up in the atrium.

The location of this hotel is perfect. It is in a relatively quiet area of the Riverwalk but close enough to the restaurants. This is a nice dog friendly hotel and there are several decent potty spots right by hotel.

We will be staying here again and I do not think there is a better overall value on the Riverwalk.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family