“Excellent accomodations, location and staff”
Review of Hotel Contessa

Hotel Contessa
Ranked #11 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Louisville, Kentucky
“Excellent accomodations, location and staff”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We were very pleased with all aspects of this hotel. Stephen and Katie were very helpful and professional. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.................................................................

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (873)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Wonderful suites with all the amenities. Comfortable beds and roomy bathrooms. The staff were the best I've experienced in a long time. Extremely helpful and accommodating... everyone from the valet, bellman (Eddie G.) and the check-in desk. Great location along the river, easy access and pretty views. Enjoyed the pretty lounge area for happy hour as well. I will stay there again when visiting San Antonio.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

We had an excellent stay. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. The hotel restaurant was top notch and the rooms were spacious and well appointed. Loved the rooftop pool, which is glassed in and offers panoramic views of the city. On a return trip to San Antonio we would definitely stay at the Hotel Contessa again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Lewiston, Maine
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I was lucky enough to stay at the Hotel Contessa for my first visit to San Antonio. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else the next time I'm in town. The room was excellent and staff was amazing. Spacious rooms, great dining room and bar, beautiful rooftop pool, and right on the river walk. Plenty of sights and restaurants within walking distance. This is an excellent venue for business meetings. Best in class!

Ft Worth
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We travel with our pooch and usually have to stay at The Motel 6's and La Quinta Inns of the world,so when I find a nice or unique hotel that accepts pets,I jump at the chance.
We went during mid week right before Valentines Day to avoid the higher prices of the holiday.I started looking on line about 7 days before and best price was $229 per night for a City view room,48 hours before arrival I checked again and Texas residents got a deal for $179 a night.Sidenote-the old and really run down La Quinta Inn Market *off* The Riverwalk was $159 a night.
We arrived at 12:45 and ck in was at 3. I guess everyone else was trying to check in early too because I was 5th in line. There was a 20 minute wait to get checked in- but they did get me and the other guests in our rooms ASAP .
They put us on the third floor(311) which I read could be noisey from the street activity below but I didn't hear a thing and Im a light sleeper.The view was of a building next door and the A/C unit. The bed was comfy and the bathroom was very large and clean.The sitting area in the other room was OK, but the sofa sat really low to the floor. It was nice to have two TVs but having a suite didn't really impress me anymore than a nice, one room hotel.
We ordered room service and the food was delivered in a timely manner and was very good. We also ordered a movie for $14.99! Much to our dismay the picture was really bad.Someone came up to fix it but it really didn't get much better if at all.If you exit thru the bar to the Riverwalk, turn right and you will reach the Westin Hotel and their Italian restaurant,this is the quieter end of the RW,if you turn left, after a 2 minute walk you will reach several Mexican restaurants,Salt Grass Steakhouse and Boudros.We didn't go any farther because weve been on the RW many many times. The staff at Hotel Contessa were very friendly and helpful,especially our bell man,Eddie.
We had a nice stay and do not really have any complaints but in comparison,
about 4 months ago we stayed at The La Fonda Inn in Santa Fe-it cost the same per night and also had good reviews.I have to give the edge to La Fonda,they just had a few extra little touches that were better.The remote controls to the TV were sanitized and in a plastic bag,you could open the windows for fresh air,a newspaper was delivered to your door and they provided our dog with a swag bag of doggie treats and a chew toy.The beds were fluffier too.Even so,All in all Id definitely recommend Hotel Contessa.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lakecat5084
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This is a gem in the heart of San Antonio. I can say nothing negative about the hotel. The room was fantastic, staff equally so. They have done a great job with this property and I will stay here again.

1 Thank Djphilosophy
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 28, 2014

There are plenty of hotels in San Antonio...lots of chains, some with history, and some interesting boutiques. None of them offer the design and esthetic, combined with the service and amenities, that the Hotel Contessa does. It's conveniently located on the river, near the convention center, walking distance to almost anything you'll want or need to do. The hotel itself is beautiful with incredibly comfortable beds, spacious suites for every room, and a great style. The service is fantastic, especially if you're dealing with Mrs. Andrade the floor manager. I've been traveling to San Antonio regularly for 15 years and once I found The Hotel Contessa I have not stayed anywhere else...I've been in rooms in all of the big hotels in recent years, but my home away from home in San Antonio is the Hotel Contessa.

Room Tip: Best rooms are in the teens on each floor.