“Great Value - Great experience”
Review of Hotel Contessa

Hotel Contessa
Ranked #5 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Given so much competition and selection throughout the Downtown / Riverwalk area in SA this hotel is an excellent choice and value. All rooms are suites and the staff is truly superb!! The moment you arrive the doorman and check-in staff are quite welcoming. In all honesty, six of us experienced great Margarita's at four (4) establishments, however the 'Perfect' choice (hands-down) is only found at the CORK bar within Hotel Contessa. Great atmosphere, excellent comfort and a wonderful, less congested experience can be found at this hotel.

Also, the proximity to the best restaurants and the King William historic community is outstanding!
My wife, our friends and I experienced a wonderful stay with great camaraderie thanks to a wonderful hotel, it's staff and Management. Ask for 'Richard' at the Las Ramblas and you will understand.

Room Tip: Ask for a River Walk view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lea P
Write a ReviewReviews (3,294)

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Contessa. Could not have been more pleased. Everything was right here: Amenities, service, location, and a thoughtful, friendly staff. Try it and see for yourself.

Room Tip: We were in a corner room with a river view on the third floor. Quite nice.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank akagg
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I have absolutely nothing but positive things to say. I would rate Hotel Contessa six stars if tripadvisor would let me. The staff was great, the rooms were as good as any I have ever stayed in, and I passed out asleep as soon as I put my head on the pillow (very comfy bed). All aspects of my stay were awesome. I think this may be the first time I've ever left a review for any trip. I usually just don't bother with it. I just got back from my conference trip and am entering my thoughts right away. When I was checking in, the nice lady working at the desk told me that a large number of families would be in on Friday night for a high school girls' volleyball tournament and our entire floor was pretty much reserved for them. She said they would move me to another room if I had any worries, even if it was on Friday (my last night). How wonderful is that? I guess the volleyball kids and families were there. I saw a lot of them in the lobby on Friday night waiting for their rides to the tournaments. There was a lot of pep being shown by them and their families. I never noticed one little peep when I was in my room, however. The rooms are so comfy, nice, and quiet, it felt like I was totally isolated (in a good way).

This is a great hotel. There's nothing left to say. It was beyond a good deal. I went to San Antonio for a conference and I spent a lot of time looking at all the lists of hotels trying to find the best deal (not necessarily the absolute cheapest). I'll never waste my time before going to SA again. I know where I'll be staying. Thanks to Les and all the crew. Top-notch in every way!

Room Tip: The king room suite with the sleeper sofa in the living room was like staying in a two-bedroom apart...
2  Thank Scott T
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed here for one night for a conference and did not want to leave. The staff made me feel as though I were a VIP! It's a beautiful hotel on a very pretty and convenient location on the river. From check-in to check out, it was an amazing stay! The Woodhouse Day Spa on the 12th floor was icing on the cake and squeezed me in for a massage with short notice! I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: My corner suite in the 11th floor offered river views from both windows!
2  Thank Katie H
Reviewed January 20, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at Hotel Contessa. The service was super and the hotel was spotless. The patio area is very nice and clam, and they serve delicious drinks and appetizers. We will definitely be going back!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank steph S
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I've stayed in different river walk hotels during my San Antonio visits and was eager to try this hotel for my 2 night stay. The competition along thr river walk is strong and I was hoping this hotel would stand out. Unfortunately it is not exceptional although it's certainly a good hotel.
PLUSES
+ well it is on the RIver Walk! It's also very convenient to walks either to the north or south, being centrally located
+ VERY friendly staff, from the valet to the check in to the bartender
+ nicely decorated room, and although it was small it was nicely divided into two rooms

MINUSES
+ expensive valet parking ($30), yikes!
+ very slow internet access in the room
+ (I know this is going to sound silly) no beer on tap at the bar???

Being a frequent traveler I'm also amazed at how many restaurants offer a very mediocre breakfast. I could get the same food at a Quality Inn!

1  Thank jmasci
Reviewed January 18, 2014

This is one of the ratings I can do easily. Nothing to complain about. Great location, at the River Walk, 10 minutes from the Airport, great rooms, great river walk view, great meeting rooms (I went there to participate in a couple of meetings). I did not eat, thus that is something I can not give an opinion about.

Room Tip: I do not know if they have different room types, but mine had a river walk view and that is nice!
2  Thank Leomex