“Exemplary hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Juneau
“Exemplary hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

From the moment we pulled in the entrance after a 6000 road trip, we were greeted with outstanding service, advice, and friendly attitude. Everyone was anxious to please at all points of our check-in. Directed to our room we were highly impressed with the room layout, extra sitting room with TV, and plush bathroom facilities. Our bed was thick and comfortable with a small view of the riverwalk...which was 20 feet from one of the hotels exits. Nice bar and restaurant with happy hour tapas at reasonable fare. Wish we would have booked a longer stay there. Will look them up again in the future. As should you.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (838)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

My compliments to Blas and Verlissa(sp?) at the front desk. They found reasons things could be done instead of why they couldn't. Eddie, bellman, all the valet parkers and Ismael the doorman and the ladies on the fourth floor that cleaned the rooms were all very cordial. Everything seemed very clean. All the staff including Joe, one of the maintenance engineers we asking if we needed anything. It was just, all in all, a very pleasant stay. My daughters in two other rooms were all very impressed. Thanks for a nice holiday.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Lorain, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

This was my first time to San Antonio. I went for work, but I still had some spare time. I got lucky. I picked a hotel close to the address of my conference. My room was beautiful. Staff was excellent - very kind, well informed, eager to help me . I was right on the river walk (river boat tour a must). I was within walking distance to shopping, bouble decker tour, reastaurants, museums, Alamo, etc. Cork Bar inside Hotel Contessa had wonderful food - staff their was also terrific. If I ever go back to San Antonio, there is no place else I would stay. Hotel Contessa was AMAZING!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

I am a frequent visitor to the San Antonio area and I must say that the Hotel Contessa is a breath of fresh air. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are perfect at the restaurant was excellent. It is located right on the Riverwalk and next to everything that I wanted and needed to do. My family and I had a wonderful time. We have found our new home away from home in San Antonio.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

This was my first trip to San Antonio and I definitely wanted to stay right on the river walk. I was not disappointed with my choice of Hotel Contessa. Just walk out of the lobby and you are on the river walk. Our room was excellent. There is nothing I would have changed. Spacious bathroom, fresh and clean, and the bed was sooo comfy. We enjoyed the large sitting area and bar near the lobby. Everything was beautifully decorated. Staff was vey nice. The bellman was friendly. The doorman very attentive. We look forward to staying here again on our next visit to San Antonio.

1 Thank IGgirl2013
Norco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Contessa for 4 days/nights and it was absolutely wonderful. The staff is friendly and helpful, and our Valet, Jaro, was very pleasant. The Hotel is right on the river and everything is within walking distance.

Room Tip: our room overlooked the river--3rd floor
1 Thank Lisa P
Campbellsport
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Hotel Contessa for a long weekend get away. Location is perfect. Right on the riverwalk, within walking distance to downtown, shopping, restaurants, Alamo, etc. We went to Zinc to eat/drink several times, very good. We also had a drink at "Drink" which also nice. Went to the spa, which was also excellent. We only had drinks in the bar area and service could have been better but the beverages were good. Our room was clean. The front desk staff was helpful. Everytime we went to talk to the consearie(sp) she or he wasn't there. Although the bell staff was GREAT!!!! Friendly, kind, helpful...probably the best I've incountered in a long time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family