“Excellent hotel!”

Hotel Contessa
Ranked #5 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Great staff, great rooms and excellent location on the riverwalk. Will stay here again. The only improvement I suggest is to find a way to speed up the customers that chat in the valet area instead of hurrying to load their vehicles to allow for more cars to circle through. I experienced this during check out at the valet area and it was frustrating to see vehicles blocking the area for 30+ minutes while the rest of us waited for space to load our vehicles. This also tied up the guys getting the vehicles from the hotel too.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank lurod2001

Reviewed July 25, 2013

In town for business and have stayed here a couple of times. I think this is the only real choice for a 5 star stay downtown. Service is excellent and attentive. When I was there the one time, the phone system died and they made a point to inform me. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank intrepidtravelerfla
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I wanted three reasonably priced rooms for me and my family,got em !Needed a hotel with great location, got it! Needed me and my family to be pampered while on vacation,got that too !(and more !). Everyone,(and I mean everyone !),from the front door,the desk,housekeeping, employees very polite and helpful,great poative attitudes !Stayed here for four days,The Contessa will be my first choice on my return !

Room Tip: all the good rooms have to be here !
3  Thank rayrodriguez
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Well, at least it seemed that way. From the helpers under the covered entrance to the outstanding service in the other departments to the smiles from every single hotel employee we passed in the halls and elevators to the maids cleaning other rooms. Amazing. I have never before experienced that much motivation to please from 100% of staff. And they succeeded in providing an excellent experience. We will stay there again when needed and will recommend this facility to anyone for any purpose. We did not have time to do one of the river boats but we will definitely do that next trip there. Thank you, Hotel Contessa Staff. You guys made it really good for us.

Room Tip: We did not use the Spa but cannot rate it lower because of the high quality in everything we did use...
2  Thank Paul K
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed one night on a busy Saturday in July. The staff seemed nice and helpful upon arrival they were serving Sangria. One of the three elevators was not working so it took quite a while going from the front desk to our room then when we went to leave for our dinner reservation someone let their child push every button on the elevator so it was an even longer ride down after waiting for more than five mins for the elevator to come so although not the hotel's fault was pretty aggravating. The bed was very comfortable, bathroom was clean but I found the room to be a little dusty in places and while I was drying my hair noticed what looked like dog pee toward the lower part of the full length mirror in the living area. I'm sure that would be hard to see as a house keeper but still made me a bit more squeamish of the overall cleanliness of the room. Bathroom was well stocked with towels, view was nice. Valet was quicker and more efficient than some of the other hotels.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lrgAustin
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is a fantastic Hotel on the Riverwalk, just a short stroll from the resturants and activities. The rooftop pool and hot tub is absolutely marvelous. Kind and caring service from the Valet, Bellman and front desk representative. My family will surley stay at Hotel Contessa on our next visit to San Antonio.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank BankyBanky
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My new favorite hotel in San Antonio is the Hotel Contessa. We had a beautiful room overlooking the river. The rooms are large suites with plenty of room to relax. The staff was very accommodating and service was fast and efficient. It is a perfect location because you are in the middle of everything the riverwalk has to offer.

2  Thank CentauraHouston