Hotel Contessa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Mokara Hotel and Spa(San Antonio)
Riverwalk Vista(San Antonio)
  • Breakfast included
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
3,389 results
All reviewsrooftop poolcork barthe rivermarriage islandsuite hotelbeautiful hotelliving roomcity viewlarge bathroomvalet parkingsitting areavalet staffthe san antonio riverwalkking suitethe entire staffconvention centereddie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Very nice and accommodating on check in when we requested quiet and cool. We were given a Cityview on the 11th floor. The problem was noise made sleeping in the living room area impossible and street noise or perhaps a steam shovel doing construction made sleeping in the bedroom area almost impossible and I travel with a sound spa. I never could determine the source of the outside noise. There were children running and screaming til the wee hours. We did not eat at the restaurant so can't comment. We did swim in the pool and sit in the hot tub and it was a nice rooftop pool. It could possibly get crowded but was fine when we were there. There were towels and nice lounging furniture. I chose this hotel as I'd not seen anyone complain about noise and we like the suite situation and location. We were disappointed and tired the next day. I would think a hotel this nice would have sufficient security to control their guests so that those who need a nights rest can get one.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Visited the Hotel Contessa for the first time in July on business. I enjoyed every aspect of my stay from relaxing on the patio (River level) to the restaurant. If you want to avoid all the River Walk traffic, the Hotel Contessa has the 'out-of-the way' feel while being in the center of the action. I'll stay here any chance I get.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Todd W
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We have stayed at the Hotel Contessa every July since 2010. The first 3 stays were amazing and wonderful which made the Contessa our go-to hotel for our following visits. We actually just left the hotel and are driving back to Houston as I write this. This last stay at the Hotel Contessa was the absolute worst experience we have had with them. We were not notified ahead of time that the spa would be shut down for the installation of speakers (really), the hot tub was not working, the tv wasn't working and they had to come up multiple times to fix it, the chef and menu had changed one week prior to our stay, the drinks at the bar were uniquely grotesque, the food was below average, and they were always quick to say "no" to everything when we had questions or concerns. We were told one thing by a staff member (we wouldn't be charged for phone calls to Houston) and then something completely different from another (at checkout we were billed for the calls after informing them we were told there would be no charge); we received a "sorry" served up with a side of "I don't care" attitude. We called down 3 different times to ensure they would at least get that we were staying an extra night right. They even managed to get this wrong after we notified the front desk, the supervisor, and the manager. We came back from sightseeing to find that our room keys were not working. We were expecting another mess up and then another, and another, and this was the only thing the hotel did not disappoint us on. We expected constant mess ups and we received them on a daily basis.

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank delana_lynett26
GM_Contessa, General Manager at Hotel Contessa, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Delana_Lynett26,

As disappointing as it is to read your review, I would like to express my sincere appreciation for you taking time to provide us with your impressions of our hotel. All guest feedback is of great value and provides us with the ability to acknowledge outstanding performances and our strong points, as well as to more quickly identify areas needing attention and improvement. Clearly, it seems that you had a less than perfect stay with us. For this we are terribly sorry.

Guest satisfaction is our highest priority and guest loyalty our highest reward. Given that your review clearly indicated that you were so very disappointed; I would like to invite you to take a moment to contact me directly so that we may discuss your experience and the shortcomings that resulted in a less than satisfying stay with us.

I look forward to speaking with you soon and learning more about your experience at our hotel.

In the meantime, I remain, at your service.

Cordially,
Les Utley

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed with my family in a suite. The couch in the front room turned out to be just that, a couch; it did not pull out into a bed to my surprise.
I had a nice river view from a very high floor and was able to hear city traffic all night long. The hotel owner is doing a nice job of trying to make the place look modern, they had painted some plywood in the room to make it look like concrete from newer places.
All in all, it was very expensive and there are other hotels on the river that are closer to the hot-spots at night.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sthomson77
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Check in was simple, valet parking was fast, and location was perfect to all the nightlife the river walk has to offer. The rooms were large suites with plenty of space the stretch out and bathrooms were very large. Would stay here again anytime!

• Stayed: July 2013