“Thoroughly impressed!”

Hotel Contessa
Ranked #5 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Aside from the fact that this hotel is perfectly located on the river, the hospitality was impeccable. The price was far less than what you'd expect to pay at this type of property also. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, the hotel staff, particularly a guy named Eddie, was more than just courteous. I will definitely stay at this hotel again, and highly recommend it to anyone planning on visiting San Antonio.

Room Tip: River view suites are very nice.
2  Thank kkoike
Write a ReviewReviews (3,296)

Reviewed November 22, 2012

We selected Hotel Contessa as it was on the riverwalk and most of the rooms if requested have river view. It was a pleasant surprise for us to find out that the Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. We were in city room initially and then had requested review view later but in the room transition I forgot our IPad in the first room and realized this almost 2 days later . When we mentioned this to the hotel staff , they were on it . Mondo, housekeeping staff had found the IPad and had kept it safely in the locker room . We could not believe that after 2 days also we could find our Ipad back. We highly recommend this hotel and would definitely visit here back.

Room Tip: Rooms having riverwalk view.
3  Thank mink_funtraveller
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I began working with the Hotel Contessa In January 2012 to plan my wedding reception. They were absolutely fantastic and accommodating. They set up a room block for the bridal party, and went out of their way to make sure my wedding went off without a hitch. I worked closely with Erin Luther their catering manager. I took several trips to San Antonio prior to my wedding to iron out minor details and Erin was also very accommodating and very sweet! My hotel room the days before my wedding was stunning, I had a stunning view, they brought more blankets and pillows at our request they even took my bags to my room. The valet service was excellent, and I always had my car in a timely manner, the food and Anqua room where my reception was held was stunning, and the food very delicious! I will definitely refer the Contessa to everyone I know

Room Tip: Any room over looking the Riverwalk is amazing!
3  Thank Victoria B
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Hotel Contessa did a fabulous job helping us plan our wedding reception event. The room was beautiful and food was a rave review from our guest.The Hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. All our guest that stayed at the Contessa were extremely pleased with their accommodations. I would recommend the Hotel Contessa to anyone looking for a great place to plan an event or stay in San Antonio.

Room Tip: All the rooms are suites so anyone would be very comfortable. The Hotel is on the quite side of the...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Ann D
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The location is great.
We had a king superior suite on floor 8. The room was very loud, since city buses stop in front of the room all day and night. The windows do not insulate well from noise. The room was clean, but the hallways were not. It seems there are no vacuums available for the hallways.
Also, the room had no fridge, only a minibar that was locked.
Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was average fair, but good. The waiter was friendly, but not very attentive. No refills on the coffee, had to ask twice for it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank drjoe66
Reviewed November 17, 2012

From the minute we pulled up we were thrilled with our decision to book The Hotel Contessa!! Everyone was beyond friendly and helpful.From the vallet (that we didn't even use), to the door attendents, the bartendars, the servers in the restaurant and especially the front desk Henri;they all seemed to REALLY enjoy their jobs and just aimed to please!! The location can't be beat;The Riverwalk is literally right at your doorstep. As soon as you walk out of the lower level of the hotel you are surrounded by lush greenery and huge trees, the path is RIGHT there. It is a short walk along the path to all the hustle and bustle which is nice because it is quiet and peaceful. We ate breakfast on the patio and it felt like we were in our own private park. Rooms were large and unique-an exposed brick wall, rustic wood bathroom doors, two tv's and a SUPER comfortable bed!! Fantastic pool area that reminded me of a tropical resort. Would absolutely stay here again!!

4  Thank weewilliewonka
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The Hotel Contessa is a reasonable priced luxury hotel. The staff is tremendously friendly. The service is superb! The rooms are very clean & the beds are the most comfortable beds that I have ever slept in! It's located within walking distance of the river walk, shops & restaurants. Eddie G is one of the most helpful employees there. Always greeting you with a smile & he goes out of his way to assist you with any of your needs! It's truly a 5+ star hotel. I will be going back to stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012