“Truly Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston, Texas, United States
“Truly Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I began working with the Hotel Contessa In January 2012 to plan my wedding reception. They were absolutely fantastic and accommodating. They set up a room block for the bridal party, and went out of their way to make sure my wedding went off without a hitch. I worked closely with Erin Luther their catering manager. I took several trips to San Antonio prior to my wedding to iron out minor details and Erin was also very accommodating and very sweet! My hotel room the days before my wedding was stunning, I had a stunning view, they brought more blankets and pillows at our request they even took my bags to my room. The valet service was excellent, and I always had my car in a timely manner, the food and Anqua room where my reception was held was stunning, and the food very delicious! I will definitely refer the Contessa to everyone I know

Room Tip: Any room over looking the Riverwalk is amazing!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Victoria B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (751)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Hotel Contessa did a fabulous job helping us plan our wedding reception event. The room was beautiful and food was a rave review from our guest.The Hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. All our guest that stayed at the Contessa were extremely pleased with their accommodations. I would recommend the Hotel Contessa to anyone looking for a great place to plan an event or stay in San Antonio.

Room Tip: All the rooms are suites so anyone would be very comfortable. The Hotel is on the quite side of the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Ann D
Columbia, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The location is great.
We had a king superior suite on floor 8. The room was very loud, since city buses stop in front of the room all day and night. The windows do not insulate well from noise. The room was clean, but the hallways were not. It seems there are no vacuums available for the hallways.
Also, the room had no fridge, only a minibar that was locked.
Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was average fair, but good. The waiter was friendly, but not very attentive. No refills on the coffee, had to ask twice for it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank drjoe66
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

From the minute we pulled up we were thrilled with our decision to book The Hotel Contessa!! Everyone was beyond friendly and helpful.From the vallet (that we didn't even use), to the door attendents, the bartendars, the servers in the restaurant and especially the front desk Henri;they all seemed to REALLY enjoy their jobs and just aimed to please!! The location can't be beat;The Riverwalk is literally right at your doorstep. As soon as you walk out of the lower level of the hotel you are surrounded by lush greenery and huge trees, the path is RIGHT there. It is a short walk along the path to all the hustle and bustle which is nice because it is quiet and peaceful. We ate breakfast on the patio and it felt like we were in our own private park. Rooms were large and unique-an exposed brick wall, rustic wood bathroom doors, two tv's and a SUPER comfortable bed!! Fantastic pool area that reminded me of a tropical resort. Would absolutely stay here again!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank weewilliewonka
Lexington, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The Hotel Contessa is a reasonable priced luxury hotel. The staff is tremendously friendly. The service is superb! The rooms are very clean & the beds are the most comfortable beds that I have ever slept in! It's located within walking distance of the river walk, shops & restaurants. Eddie G is one of the most helpful employees there. Always greeting you with a smile & he goes out of his way to assist you with any of your needs! It's truly a 5+ star hotel. I will be going back to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012
4 Thank KasatraE
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I love this hotel!!! Not only is it beautiful and clean and roomy, the staff is superb as well. They were very friendly and eager to please. I really, really enjoyed my stay and will definitely stay again. The restaurant in the hotel was very good with great service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Cathy B
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I recently stayed at Hotel Contessa for a business conference and was inspired by the Exceptional Customer Service exhibited by Hotel Staff! From the moment I walked in the door until I left 3 days later, each employee that I came in contact with treated me as if I was the only person in the hotel. The restuarant staff were Phenomenal! The front desk staff conducted themselves in a very professional manner and made me feel welcomed and at home! Top Notch!! I cannot wait to stay there again!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the River...it is away from the street. San Antonio is a busy city.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business