“Loved the looks, location and service at this hotel”
Review of Hotel Contessa

Hotel Contessa
Ranked #8 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Hotel Contessa is located conveniently to the Riverwalk. My room was very nice, well-maintained, large and quiet. The staff was very attentive and the group that I was meeting with at the hotel appreciated the lounge area next to the bar as a good place to sit around and chat after our conference was done. I heard several compliments about that in particular in regards to using the Hotel Contessa as our meeting space. I would definitely recommend this place to anybody looking for a place to stay in San Antonio.

Room Tip: I experienced a slight amount of road noise in my room facing the Riverwalk, but it wasn't troub...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Whyskey
There are newer reviews for Hotel Contessa

Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed in many hotels for a business conference or training, but WOW, this was different. It had a luxury feel and service so stellar, it was an amazing experience. I can't say enough about how accommodating the Hotel Contessa was to both my group and me as an individual. I must recognize Ismael, Myrick and Gabriel for being a shining example of how a hotel should be staffed. Friendly to a "Texas T!!"

• Stayed: November 2012
4  Thank TallGirlAmy
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed for 4 nights and enjoyed my stay quite a lot. The suite was very large, well lit and comfortable. The bed and linens were lovely, and I slept very well in quiet. I think the bathroom is the size of my guest bedroom at home(!)

I had a king suite overlooking the River Walk, and on a lower floor (5) per TA suggestions, so I could actually enjoy the view of the river.

Why only 4 stars? Service, housekeeping and front desk were not 5-star. I had to call 3 times to get a hair dryer which should have been in my room, also had to request light bulb replacement upon arrival. I used valet parking a couple times each day and each time almost every time they asked if I was checking in. (No -- it's my third day here!). Except the day I actually checked in when they did not ask, and I had to ask at the front desk for someone to go get my suitcase out of my car. They were struggling to be high-end, and I at least appreciated the effort -- I like when they greet you by name when you call the front desk/operator.

I think this hotel is not worth the price if you do not choose a river view. I got a less than full price from the corporate code I was given. There are so many hotels all over the downtown area near the River Walk from which to choose. I like to eat well and was warned away from dining on the river, which served me well -- another reason it's not necessary to stay in a hotel right on the river unless you want the view.

Room Tip: Suites on lower floor with a river view are what this hotel is all about.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank counrygal
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We just held a small conference (20 persons for 2 days) at the hotel. They treated us like we were a major conference. Set-up and service were outstanding. I found the staff to be very helpful - from the bell man to the front desk to the meeting planner. I got a late check out by just asking - no issue at all. The hotel rooms are all large suites nicely appointed. The room was one of the nicest that I have ever stayed in. I absolutely will return for a personal vacation here and I hope that our conference will come back here in the near future!

Room Tip: My room was on the River Walk and it was very quiet. I don't think that you can pick a noisy roo...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Vic M
Reviewed October 29, 2012

In fairness I didn't stay very long, but I found the hotel to be very nice. Rooms were clean and well-furnished. Mine was a small suite with a living area. Bathroom fixtures were nice as we're the provided amenities. Staff was friendly. Maybe if I had stayed longer I would have felt better about giving 5 stars, but I can't with how brief my visit was.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Josh H
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This hotel is located on the River Walk so you can dine outside in a very beautiful setting. Everyone is very helpful, the food choices are great. The service is impecable! The room was like living in a condo! MED

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank MED29
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Recently spent four nights here and had a extremely nice time, everyone from the moment we arrived made us feel very welcome. The service was great! Room was extra clean. Nice location easy access to downtown area, will definitely be recommending to family and friends!!!

• Stayed: October 2012