“Very nice hotel for the price”

Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Sea World
Ranked #122 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
“Very nice hotel for the price”
Reviewed October 7, 2008

We were in town for our sons graduation from Air force BMT.
This was a perfect location. Only about 12 minutes from Lackland AFB and very easy access to other activites.This was a reasonably priced hotel and was very clean.Nice rooms. Nice
breakfast at no xtra charge. Staff was very accomodating and helpful, I had a few requests and NOTHING was a problem. We
came back to our hotel after we picked our son up for his TOWN
pass the day after graduation, and it was about an hour after the breakfast bar closed. Robert even offered to make my son breakfast . I thought that was very kind of him. There are alot of
shady looking hotels right off the base. I would beware of those
hotels. This hotel is a perfect choice for anyone attending the
Air force graduation. Straight shot down Hwy 410 S exit Valley high Rd, turn left and you have a straight shot to the base. It
is about 6-8 mile drive usually took us 10-12 minutes to get
there. Just a few tips: thru 2008 Airman and their dependants
(wives and children, can get into sea world for free , no strings
attached, it is worth taking advantage of because tickets are
about $50. regular price) Aslo the River walk is alot of fun.Be
sure to take a river cruise. There are ALOT of excellent restaurants too. Saltgrass Steak house had the BEST filet
mignon, we're from Nebraska and it was way better than any
steak weve had around here. Holiday Inn Express did have an
indoor pool and hottub, we did not use it but it looked pretty
clean. The only recommendation I would suggest is to ask
for a upper level room. The pool was on the main floor across
from some of the rooms and the chlorine smell was a little over bearing. We initially had a room on the first floor right across from the pool and I could not stand the smell so I asked to
be moved to the 3rd or 4th floor which was perfect and was not
a problem. The front desk girls were very friendly and accomodating. I would definetely recommend this hotel. I am
very picky and will usually only stay at 4-5 star hotels, so I was
impressed with this one for the price. You can find hotels by
the base for about $70 a night but I heard some people at the graduation complaining about how disgusting their hotel was,
one lady said they actually checked out of their hotel the first night and drove aroud until they found another one. It is worth it
to pay an extra 20-30 dollars a night if you dont want to be bothered by mold and roaches.Holiday Inn Express Seaworld is a perfect hotel. We received a good price thru AAA, the room was
99 per night by remember san antonio has a 21 or 22 percent hotel tax. I would stay here again and would recommend to anyone.

• Liked — Clean rooms and friendly staff
  • Disliked — No outdoor pool
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank KristynOmaha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Poteau, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 8, 2008

We stayed at this hotel and it was in the best location. THe breakfast was hot and good - they made something new daily. The pool was nice and clean, there was a nice hot tub too. The laundry was right across the hall from the pool and the washer and dryer worked well - there was only one each. The room and the bathroom were clean and well maintained. It was just minutes from Sea World and easy to get to. Their were plenty of other food places just down the road. Shopping was close by. Very friendly staff.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
ttribby, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Sea World, responded to this review, May 24, 2010
What great complimetnts in your review.
We appreciate your words & your willingness to tell others about
your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Seaworld.
It is our goal to have every guest leave us, with a "memorable experience"..
Please call us first, the very next time you plan to visit San Antonio.
My Staff & I would enjoy seeing you again!
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2008

Neat, tidy and notbale for an excellent included breakfast with fantastic service. A great place to stay, there`s a kfc and a restaurant outside, and emergency candy supplies from the adjacent hardware store ! The only slight minus is the horrendous multi lane traffic on the adjacent freeway and flanking roads.. but even so we managed to get to downtown with far less hassle than we had expected ! Good place to stay .

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Welltravelleduk454
ttribby, Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Sea World, responded to this review, May 24, 2010
Hello Again....and, thank you for the great review.
We appreciate your words & thoughts.
We strive hard to leave each guest with the most "memorable" experience.
Please do not hesitate to contact us, the very next time you plan to travel to
San Antonio.
"?
Reviewed May 24, 2008

We were going to stay here for a couple of days, but our daughter came down with a fever and vomitting so we had to cancel. The hotel management was at first going to make us forfeit our entire $$, but after much hasseling back and forth on the phone (with threats of never staying there again in the future), they agreed to either give us a voucher or refund ONE of the 2 nights $$. We took the $$ and will be staying somewhere more kid-friendly/flexible next time (like the Fairfiled Inn by Mariott who immediately gave us a FULL refund and was more concerned about the well-being of our child than the potential loss of revenue!!)!!

• Stayed May 2008
Thank you for your feedback & review.
We are sorry your expierence with us, did not live up to expectations.
We take your words seriously & have used them to enhance our service and product.
Please, give us another try, the next time you plan to visit San Antonio.
I think you will be pleased with us!
Utah
Reviewed January 12, 2008

Very friendly staff. We came to see our son graduate from basic training at Lackland AFB. Very easy access to Lackland from the hotel, only about 10 minutes away. Our room was clean and roomy. The breakfast every morning was good. There is a large movie theater across the street and two nice restaurants close by (I liked the fajitas as Bennigan's). Took us 15 to 20 minutes to get downtown. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Liked — New and clean environment
  • Disliked — No pay per view movies.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dar2Kar
Thank you for your review and feedback.
We appreciate your business and know, you always have a choice.
Please, contact us the next time you plan to visit San Antonio.
We would love to see you again.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 8, 2007

What a wonderful experience staying here. My husband chose this hotel two years ago when our oldest son graduated from Air Force BMT and we really enjoyed our stay. This weekend our younger son is graduating and we are here again. (I'm writing this from our room- love that free WIFI) I wanted to get this done while I was here and things were fresh in my mind. This hotel has everything I look for in a place to stay and some extra perks as well.

First of all I want a clean hotel and room. This place gets an 'A', it is fairly new and very clean. The lobby is very pretty and so is the breakfast room. The guest rooms feel fresh; carpets not grungy, bedding is not sticky and stiff, colors and decor are warm and current.

Secondly, everything better be working, well maintained and in good repair. Everything was working and cared for, another 'A'. Only slight exception, there was a tiny seam coming apart in the bathroom wallpaper. Not a big deal.

It needs to have the basic comfort necessities. There is a comfortable arm chair with ottoman and also a desk with a real office desk chair. Very nice, with arms and adjustable height. Nice full length mirror on the closet and ironing board/iron right in the room. That's really a plus to me and I expect it in this level of a hotel. But what's with the iron attached to the ironing board??? Made it difficult (but not impossible) to iron.

And I want the extras if I'm paying over $60-$70 a night. They have lots of towels in the bathroom, and they are thick. They also have six different free bottles of stuff (shampoo, shave cream, mouthwash, etc) in the bathrooms, if you go for that kind of thing. And the bathroom counter is long and marble. Nice.

Some unexpected perks. I love it when they don't use a bedspread on the bed and sandwich the blanket between two fresh sheets. You never have to touch the blanket, which I always worry doesn't get washed enough. The mattress was very thick and comfortable. The sheets were better than average hotel issue, and six pillows were on our king bed; three soft and three firm (with the word monogramed on the case) . Everytime we got back to the room it had been cleaned and looked like we just had turn-down service.

On the negative side, the shower head. I know you can never get good water pressure in hotel showers, but this showerhead isn't using the light stream well. Maybe a different one could make the shower feel like harder pressure.

Another negative, the breakfast. I have yet to have a good breakfast in a "free breakfast" hotel, and this one is just mediocre. It does have more to offer than most, but the bakery items were dried out and slightly stale (We were at the breakfast at 8am) and the cut fruit looked canned. The eggs were ghastly.

Even though two small things were less than perfect, we enjoyed our stay. We would stay here again any time we were in San Antonio. We highly recommend it.

• Liked — decor, cleanliness, location
  • Disliked — free breakfast
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank weebo
ttribby, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Sea World, responded to this review, May 24, 2010
Thank you for the wonderful review.
We look forward to hearing our guest feedback & use your words and thoughts
to enhance our service and product.
Please call us the next time you are planning to visit San Antonio!
We cannot wait to see you again.
texas
Reviewed July 18, 2007

Ok, I just returned from this trip. This hotel was a nightmare! I booked for two nights online through priceline because when I called the hotel direct to get the rates they were much higher than pricelines. When I arrived the room wasnt ready, 1.5 hrs later, still not ready. So they put me in an "upgraded" room for no charge. They billed me again saying priceline never did. I called my bank, and priceline had charged me. So they talked to the hotel. By the time I left, I had been charged THREE times for my stay!! Still havent resolved the problem yet. The online site states "heated" indoor pool. Yeah right...it is in an air condiditoned room and the water is so cold the kids couldnt stand it. One elevator for a four floor hotel within miles from seaworld. You spent most of your time waiting for the elevator. Aside from that, the rooms were clean, and the lobby was clean. Everything on the breakfast was hard and cold...Staying overnight for a business trip may be ok, but for being there with kids for an extended trip, not a good deal.

• Liked — nice rooms
  • Disliked — service
  • Stayed July 2007
3 Thank travelintexan07
Thank you for the review.
We are sorry your stay was disappointing.
We appreciate your feedback & use it to enhance our service and product.
Please consider us again, when you plan to visit San Antonio.
You will be surprised with the changes and upgrades we have made.