“warning....THEFT!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #125 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Shawnee, Oklahoma
“warning....THEFT!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband, children and myself all recently stayed at this Holiday Inn last month. We were pleased with the hotel's ammenities and loved the clean atmosphere! After checking in we decided to go for a swim. My husband wore his $732.00 citizen watch as it is a diver's watch and can be underwater. This is important to know because it was the SAME $732.00 watch that was STOLEN from the hotel room less than a day later. When we cleaned up for dinner, my husband took his watch off and dropped it in his bag. It was in the left hand outside pocket of his duffel bag. We went for dinner, came back and went to sleep. The next day he wore his Nike watch to Sea World because it is a more casual watch. (NOTE: the citizen watch was still in his bag at this time, he kept them both together). After returning to a clean room late that night, we put our children to bed and ourselves went to sleep! After checking out the next morning, my husnad went to get his watch to wear and it had been STOLEN!
I gave the hotle plenty of descriptions and offered to email photos of his watch on his arm from the night at the pool. I offered to send bank statements and recipts to proove that we had owned the watch. We gave detailed descripions the watches placement, the bag, ect. We filed a police report. We saked the Manager, housekeeping supervisor, along with the front desk ladies to PLEASE question the cleaning crews ect about the whereabouts of the watch. They refused to be accomadating to our requests.
It has been 3 weeks since the watch was taken. We have tried to have the watch replaced. We DO NOT want ANY free accomadations, as we would NEVER stay in this hotel again. We just want the watch replaced or returned.
We FINALLY got a phone call from an "insurance adjuster" today and were told that he simply had NO EVIDENCE that the watch was taken. Evidence? THere are no camera's in the room. I asked repeatedly if I could email photos of him wearing the watch teh evening before it was taken and they have yet to allow me to send any!
Take this as a WARNING! This hotel does NOT handle things correctly for the good of their customers. PLease know that if you stay here, your at risk. LEAVE VALUABLES AT HOME! It's sad that we are living in a day where people will mistreat you (I could name the names of those involved but will not do so) when YOU are the victum.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank sumer s
canderson1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Sea World, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for your recent review. I would like to take this time and apologize for the inconveniences that you had throughout your stay. If you would like to discuss this issue further, please feel free to contact me at canderson@baywoodhotels.com
Carol Anderson, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
McKinney, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

I am SO tired of feeling ripped off by hotels! I chose this one based on the information and pictures on the website. We got there late on a Friday night and the room stunk like an old man covered in Brute cologne had just checked out of it and it just felt unclean. I thought about trying to enjoy the hot tub but didn't feel like that would be real clean either so I passed. Needless to say, the room was no where NEAR worth the $140/night that they are charging. I went down for "breakfast" on Saturday morning and not only did I not see the omelets that they advertise, but when I asked if they were going to be putting out more biscuits and gravy, I was told biscuits yes, but not gravy. To their defense, it was toward the end of the breakfast hours, but I was still less than impressed. There was also not enough seating for the people that were trying to eat. I normally stay at the La Quinta because at least there you don't feel like you are being ripped off. You pay less for the room and you know what to expect. They have "free" breakfast also. This was a serious waste of money! The people were nice, but I am thinking that if they are going to carry the name "Holiday Inn", they need to step up their game a lot. I will NOT be staying at this hotel again.....

Room Tip: Just choose a different hotel if you have ANY expectations based on the name.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Sea World, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Dear Kathy W,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. It's nice to hear that our staff was nice during your stay. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation especially during breakfast. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. I hope that you will be joining us again in the future. We would love for you to experience not only what Holiday Inn Express SeaWorld has to offer but everything that we, the team can do.

Karen G.
IHGCare .
Ridgefield, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Good rates, relatively comfortable room, good access to highway, Seaworld, etc., but employees have minimal customer care training. Front desk continually paused our conversation at check-in to answer the phone; no pillow cases on any of the pillows; trash can at front door overflowing; and the front desk called our room by mistake at 2:30 in the morning. Plenty of other hotels to choose from in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Sea World, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Dear Keith C,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry you received service and room quality which was unacceptable. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

2 night stay with family, room had a horrible smell everytime you entered, hotel smelled like chlorine from indoor pool, and pool is small for hotel. When asking for 4 extra blankets, you have to go get them , with only one elevator. Not enough seats for the free breakfast, tough when you enter with 3 kids. Never again!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Ls7747
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Sea World, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Dear Ls7747

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I apologize the experience you received was less than satisfactory. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and services are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

I hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Lera M
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

I am a frequent client at this chain and have stayed at this location twice before., This experience was the worst. To start, the bed sheets and pillow cases were not clean when we checked in. There was no cleaning staff on site when we noticed, so we had to change the beds ourselves. Twice during our stay the cleaning crew did not leave soap in the bathroom. Will look somewhere else next time.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank melendz
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Sea World, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear melendz,

Ferdinand G
Cleveland, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

This hotel is not very far from Sea World but be aware that Sea World is not close to the downtown river walk area. If you are spending most of your time downtown then stay down there but to be out near Sea World this is a great location. There are a lot of restaurants, a mall, shopping, and a theater right across the street for any down time. The facility was extremely clean and all the staff no matter what their title were very friendly. They have a nice typical continental breakfast. The only negative is they only have one small very slow elevator...very slow.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Luling, LA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

We stayed at this Holiday Inn Express as we had family at University Hospital not to far away, the accommodations were fine, but every time we entered the hotel and walked to the elevator the smell of chlorine just about knocked us out, I have stayed at several hotels with indoor pools and this is not something I normally encounter. Also the elevator did us no favors as it has to be one of the slowest elevators I have ever seen. On the plus side room was fine and although we were right next to the elevator and ice machine we had a good nights sleep.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Luling_Buzzard
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Sea World, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Dear Luling_Buzzard,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with the chlorine smell.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments.

We thank you for having chosen our Hotel. We take this opportunity to send you our best wishes.

Regards,