“Not a pleasant smell to greet you”

Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Sea World
Ranked #131 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We stayed at this Holiday Inn Express as we had family at University Hospital not to far away, the accommodations were fine, but every time we entered the hotel and walked to the elevator the smell of chlorine just about knocked us out, I have stayed at several hotels with indoor pools and this is not something I normally encounter. Also the elevator did us no favors as it has to be one of the slowest elevators I have ever seen. On the plus side room was fine and although we were right next to the elevator and ice machine we had a good nights sleep.

1  Thank Luling_Buzzard
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Dear Luling_Buzzard,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with the chlorine smell.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments.

We thank you for having chosen our Hotel. We take this opportunity to send you our best wishes.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed March 23, 2012

I took my kids there for their spring break only to get our room broken into. The night manager lied and said "this has never happened here before." Lies, lies, all lies!!! They stole my baby IPAD 2 and several items I had bought on my shopping trip in San Marcos the day before. Now the hotel is saying they are not responsible for this...The manager didn't want to move me and my kids to a different room saying we were safe because they have a night security guard. Eventually he moved us to a room that had no refrigerator or microwave and the showers were filthy with mold.... They were not very helpful and the service sucks. It was definitely not worth the money charged. I will never stay at this Holiday Inn again!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay at this Holiday Inn, go somewhere where you will be safe.
5  Thank Kiia M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2012

Kiia M,

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed March 16, 2012

We stayed here Wednesday, March 14th - Friday, March 16th. This was during Texas Spring Break. We booked our room on Hotwire.

For whatever reason, via Hotwire I could not select room type. There were 2 adults & (1) 5 year old in our party. We were booked in a king size room. Since they were sold out, we had to make due. Holiday Inn only has 4 roll aways & they were all in use. However, Robert at the front desk, did contact other hotels in area to location us one, but was unsuccessful.

Every staff member that we encountered was very friendly & helpful. Robert was were friendly & as helpful as he could be with the roll away situation. He greeted each person coming & going the front desk area.

We did use the indoor pool & hot tub. They said the pool was heated ; I thought it was cold, but the kids didn't mind at all. The hot tub was nice.

Our shower had poor poor water pressure. Our a/c the first night, I thought it wasn't working, because we were hot. But would wake up cold, then hot, then cold???? Not sure what the deal with it was.

Overall we were pleased with this hotel. Great proximity to Sea World. Friendly staff. Typical free breakfast fare. Nice restaurants around to eat.

1  Thank sfa1996
canderson1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Sea World. I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule and informing us of your recent stay. I will also be relaying your comments onto my staff as we strive to ensure that all of our guests are completely satisfied
Thank you again and we hope to see you in your future travels.
Carol Anderson, GM

Reviewed January 24, 2012

This trip was for my sons Air Force graduation. The location to Lackland Air Force base is about 10 min. Plenty of fast food and sit down restaurants. It's in a good location and not in a sketchy area. The gentlemen that works in the afternoon (Robert) is awesome, great guy and will do anything he can to help you, and loves our U.S. service men.

Room Tip: Go with the room with sitting area. The other rooms don't have a mini fridge or microwaive.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you continue to use Holiday Inn Express in your future travels.
Carol Anderson, GM

Reviewed January 9, 2012

Our whole family stayed here for our son's Air Force basic training graduation. From the instant we arrived the manager greeted us and was extremely accommodating. The girls at the desks were very helpful as well. At breakfast, the manager was out talking to everyone and asking if we needed anything. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
ttribby, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2012

We just wanted to take a moment to let you know how much we appreciate your business and positive comments. We really value you taking the time to let us know we're doing something right.

If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know. We would also like to know where we can find more great clients like you! It's customers like you that make this business worthwhile. Thanks again and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

My children and I stayed here one night prior to visiting Sea World the next day. We were welcomed by a very informed front deck clerk who was extremely helpful in finding a place close to eat. (Didn't want to face 410 again after a long drive.) The beds were comfortable and the internet was faster than the pricier resort I stayed in the remainder of the week.

Breakfast the next morning was better than many of the do-it-yourself breakfasts in other hotels. The cinnamon rolls ARE very good. The very best thing is it is literally 9 minutes (on surface roads --- No more 410 if I can avoid it) from Sea World.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed December 28, 2011

Stayed at this hotel one night over my recent trip to Texas to visit friends for Christmas. The stay started off bad, I tried checking in at about 10pm after a long drive and flight. Could not locate any staff. No one manning the front desk, tried calling the phone number but would just ring and ring. Finally a young kid shows up and checks me in.

The hotel itself was fine, nothing to complain about. It was Holiday Inn decor and in a good location, not far from Sea World.

I would have to say besides the lack of service upon check in, was the shower. To start it is one of those horrible water savers that barely spit out water, takes five minutes to wash your hands thoroughly. The second was the water was barely hotter than luke warm. It was far and away the worst shower I've had in a very long time.

There are better options nearby and wish I would have stayed at my normal hotel versus saving a few bucks. Recommend the Hyatt Hill Country or Hilton nearby.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us why our service did not meet your expectations. We have every desire to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible.

Our company aims to consistently deliver a professional service to our customers. We will evaluate how we can prevent this problem from occurring in the future.

Again, we highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and hope to serve you again in the future.