Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Sea World
$119
$266
$239
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$98
$240
$206
  • Restaurant
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$196
$149
Omni Hotels
Crockett Hotel(San Antonio)
$242
$116
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Omni San Antonio Hotel(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
$159
Hotel Contessa(San Antonio)
$153
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewssea worldindoor poolfront deskmovie theater across the streetsaltgrass steakhouseairforce graduationlackland afbroom was cleanair forcethe breakfast areastaff was very friendly and helpfulwould stay here againevery morningfree breakfastyogurthot breakfastking suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We stayed here two nights as part of our family vacation to Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Sea World, and the Alamo. I have come to expect the best from Holiday Inn Express, and definitely saw it here, with just a few small issues.

First, one thing we love about HI Express is the free wi-fi. The internet connection in our room is unreliable. I'm typing this as I sit in my room, hoping that the connection stays up long enough to write my review. Thank goodness for copy & paste.

Our air conditioning unit appeared to be falling apart, even though it cools just fine. We mentioned it, and the desk guy immediately came up to fix it. And I mean immediately! I had barely hung up the phone, and heard a knock at the door. (Weird thing though, the in-room phone has a speed-dial button for the desk. It didn't work, so I just used my cell.) It took him less than two minutes to fix it.

The breakfast is superb as always, with plenty of coffee, bagels, omelets, and those famous cinnamon rolls. And there's also a fully automatic pancake machine. You essentially press the number of pancakes you want and wait 45 seconds per cake. Amazing. Another nice thing about the breakfast area is the size. I've been in a lot of HI Express locations around the country that have a super tiny excuse for a dining area. This one is nice and big, enabling even my large family to sit down and eat. Obviously, you'll have better luck if you get there earlier. It's big, but not THAT big.

The staff is friendly, with even the housekeeping ladies saying hello on the elevator. A lot of places they don't. The hotel is clean. I read the review from the folks whose door had been left open. That's exactly why we leave the "do not disturb" sign on the door when we leave for the day. We can pick up after ourselves for the most part, and if we need towels we just ask the desk personnel. We tend to feel violated just knowing that anyone (including housekeeping personnel) has been in our room, in ANY hotel we visit.

The elevator is small, slow, and hot. I noticed the light bulbs in there are the heat-lamp kind, and not the cooler, more efficient CFLs. But even with having our room on the 4th floor, it's not that much trouble to use the stairs.

So over all, just a few minor things this time. Great location, great breakfast, great staff. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank mcgovernville
ttribby, Owner at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2011

Thank you for your response regarding the Holiday Inn Express SeaWorld. It is good to know that we lived up to your expectations. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was able to accomodate you. We pride ourselves on great customer service and making our guests feel at home. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to San Antonio!

Reviewed June 6, 2011

First of all, I am not one to leave a negative review about anything. I wanted to love this hotel. I was very excited after reading all the positive reviews here. My family and I stayed here over the Memorial Day weekend. We booked a suite for three nights. The hotel was clean. The front desk staff was very friendly and had lots of tips for us about our Sea World vacation. Everything was great until Sunday. We returned to Sea World for our second day, and when we came back house keeping had been in our room and left our door propped open ALL DAY while we were gone. My husband's computer was in the room, as well as cell phones etc. Fortunately, nothing was missing when we got back, but we felt very violated by this. We paid almost $600 total for this room, and I expected more consideration from the staff. I called the front desk and they were apologetic, but that really didn't make up for the fact that my personal belongings were comprimised by one of their staff. There are signs in the hotel that say if you aren't satisfied with any part of your stay it's free....we certainly weren't offered any of our money back. Aside from that (which pretty much ended up defining the stay for us), the hotel was nice enough. The room decor was older but nice, the breakfast was okay (but it was free). Bottom line -- I wouldn't stay here again, but chances are they wouldn't make the same mistake again so your family would probably be just fine here.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank TXcookies
ttribby, Owner at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2011

Thank you for your honest and informative review of our Holiday Inn Express hotel. It is unfortunate that your stay was ruined by the incident regarding the open door of your room. Obviously we do not want our guests to feel violated or have their belongings compromised. This is a major issue and we are looking into the details. We appreciate your feedback because it gives us ways and ideas to improve our customer service in the future. We hope that you give us another chance to wow you on your next visit to San Antonio.

Reviewed May 26, 2011

Booked 2 Queen rooms for our stay here for a night before we visited Sea World. I requested 2 rooms together which I received. The only issue I had with check in was that I had booked online at a rate of $150 for the 2 rooms including tax only to be asked for $190 including tax when I checled in. I had my confirmation with me with the price of $150 clearly on there and they did honour the price after a chat. Good clean rooms with all you need and a nice breakfast to help you on your way. The pool area is open 9am to 10pm. I arrived later and after evening dinner just missed closing time for a swim! Good place to stay, I recommend

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our Holiday Inn Express hotel. We appreciate all feedback from our guests. It is unfortunate that you encountered issues regarding the room rate, but we are glad that the situation was resolved. We hope you will consider us for your next visit to San Antonio!

Reviewed May 19, 2011

Stay here for a few days on business. Loved it. The hotel was clean, the beds were great. the upgraded room was terrific.
Hotel/front desk staff is as helpful as can be.
Won't hesitate to stay here again if I am in the area.
Big bonus is that there is a Texas Roadhouse steak restaurant right next door and a 18 theatre movie complex also within walking distance.

Keep up the good work HIE Express near Sea World, San Antonio

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ILoveIsrl

Thank you for your glowing review of our Holiday Inn Express hotel! We take pride in our customer service and making our guests as comfortable as possible. It's always nice to hear about the great job we are doing! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to San Antonio, whether for business or pleasure!

Reviewed March 26, 2011

My family and I stayed for 4 nights. Friendly staff, great breakfast. The only thing is that your room and bathroom dont get cleaned daily. They only make your bed. It be good if they washed the toilets, bath tub, and vaccum the carpet daily.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
ttribby, Owner at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2011

Thank you for your feedback on our Holiday Inn Express hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are taking your suggestions into consideration and looking into improving how we run the hotel. We hope that you will consider us for your next visit to San Antonio!