“Not Worth the Money”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Malibu Castle
More attraction details
Owner description: Malibu San Antonio has everything you need to celebrate birthdays, have a party, corporate parties, events and team building, and for family gatherings. It’s the perfect place for friends and families to get together and cut loose with fun, games, and great food. With Bumper Boats, Go Karts, Arcade, Miniature Golf, Batting Cages, and so much more, there’s every way to play at Malibu San Antonio!
Reviewed February 24, 2014

From my (12 year old) son's perspective: It was fun. It was cool to drive the Go-Karts and the bumper boats were fun.
From MY perspective: Not worth it. I took my son and 3 other kids there to celebrate his birthday (we did not purchase a birthday party package, we just went on our own); I bought the 4-hour Unlimited Attractions passes. In the first 2 hours, they spent 10 minutes riding the bumper boats and 8 minutes driving the go-karts...the other 102 minutes were spent WAITING IN LINE! The batting cage was closed, and though the rock-climbing wall was open, they had to wait 10 minutes after me talking to an employee....just waiting until the attendant showed up. After that, my son was not even allowed on the rock-climbing wall anyway, because he was wearing Vans slip-on shoes that did not have laces on them --even though there is NOTHING about that on their "Restrictions" sign.
Inside, I counted at least 5 machines/video games there were completely shut off, and 3 more that were turned on, but had broken parts so it didn't work properly. I had to call at attendant 3 times because a machine my son or his son played was out of tickets --when I could find an attendant. The place is SEVERELY understaffed --there was only 1 attendant per attraction, 1 at the snack bar, 1 at the cash register, and 1 at the ticket counter. Since we were there on a weekend afternoon, I'll let you do the math and try and figure out how half a dozen employees handled hundreds of customers.
I suppose if you went in the middle of the day so you didn't have to spend <80% of your time waiting in line, it would be a better experience. But if you go there on a weekend and expect to have an amazing time....prepare to be disappointed.

10  Thank MegR70
There are newer reviews for Malibu Castle

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Went for my sons b-day and bought the unlimited packages for 4 of us and wasnt told that 2 of the attractions were closed! They were out of some food and were substitutting with other food. Horrible customer sevice! No clean tables to sit at, trash cans over flowing on the floor the entire time, no soap in the girls bathroom, half the games took ur tokens or didnt have tickets and they needed some serious maintenance on their attractions! The only help was from a bexar county sherrif working security going around handing out tokens to people complaining. And one staff memeber bent over right in front of me and my 5yr old with at least 3 inches of hairy crack in our faces!!! Totally grosed out disnt get a refund or discount since attractions were closed! I will never go back and wouldnt recommend!!

5  Thank Reneekocian
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was staying at the Marriott NW right next door to the Malibu Castle so it was super convienant. I had older children with me (18 and 21), but we all had a blast. We purchased the all day wrist band for the go carts, putt putt and bumper boats, it was well worth it! We spent the morning time doing the activities, then departed until the evening and came back to do it all again.

I will agree with some of the reviews that the putt putt greens are a little worn, but it was still a lot of fun. Also the arcade inside is really good if you get hot and just want to play a little.

The bumper boats were a real blast. I seemed to be the target for all the young kids to shoot there water cannons at!

Worth the small price for an all day adventure. Recommend going on the weekdays when it is not so busy.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have to say up front my 10 year old had a blast but the place has seen better days. The line to buy tickets wasn't long but they employees moved at a glacial pace to vend the tickets. The Putt Putt course is worn to the point where there are holes in the "grass". The cart line was very, very long (1+ hour) and the kids running did nothing to make the process more efficient. The carts ran poorly overall and needed service because they were anything but fast.

4  Thank CraigF84
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

The putt putt greens are worn in many places and many of the lawn decorations could use a fresh coat of paint.

2  Thank Lindyfrsa