Crockett Hotel
$180
  • Breakfast included
Mokara Hotel and Spa(San Antonio)
$314
$426
$259
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$134
JW Marriott
$244
$239
$219
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$245
$215
2,203 results
All reviewsernie's bargreat locationplantation shuttersthe river walkwafflesalamo groundstortillasrivercenter mallwithin walking distancerooms are smallfresh fruitconvention centershort walkvalet parkingcomplimentary breakfasthistoric buildingan older hotel
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel while attending a conference at the convention center, just a short riverwalk away. My room overlooked the wall surrounding the Alamo...nice. The Crockett is a sister hotel to the Menger Hotel, another favorite of mine located across the street.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2014

My boyfriend and I were in San Antonio for the day. We loved the location of the hotel. It is located opposite of Alamo and the places we wanted to visit was in walking distance. All the tourist spots are in walking distance.It was $20 a day for valet service. It was pretty much the same price for self parking as well. We checked in around 4:30 pm and our room was in the 6th floor. The view from room pretty good. The room was clean and smelled very nice. I liked how they had extra set of towel. Usually a single bedroom has two sets of towel. They have nice little bar in the hotel itself. After a long day of doing touristy things around San Antonio, a drink in the hotel itself felt good. They had a breakfast in the morning starting 6:30 to 11 but we missed it. It looked nice in the pictures hopefully it tastes good as well. The front desk staff emphasized on trying their breakfast but we wanted to sleep in as it was a long drive back home.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Rthapa89
Reviewed April 20, 2014

The service at this hotel is the worst I have seen in a long time, and I travel a lot. Check-in was at 3:00pm and the room was not ready. I had arrived early (around 1:30pm), so I left and returned at 3:00pm. I had to wait and at 3:30 they gave me a room with a connecting door. When I called the reception and mentioned I would prefer a room without a connecting door, the receptionist kept insisting I had not requested a room without the door--the website made no mention of rooms with connecting doors. After that, I got downgraded to a standard room (my reservation was for a deluxe room). When I spoke at the reception about the downgrade, I was told that since I made the reservation through Expedia, that there was no difference in the rooms. False. I was then offered a suite, but when I went to see it, it also had a connecting door. Really? Was it supposed to be a joke? After much discussion and asking to see the manager, I was promised a credit on my final bill. I was given $10. Ha. The rooms facing the atrium are really noisy-you can hear everything that goes on in the reception area, breakfast area, piano players, and people talking. They need to invest in triple-glazed windows. Also, the inside rooms face the neighbors directly in front of you, so you can't open the blinds unless you want to see your neighbors. It was not worth the stay and I will never stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the street. Inside rooms face the atrium, where you hear all the noise from reception and breakfast area and you can't open the blinds because you see almost directly into your neighbors' rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anne M
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Great old hotel. It's close to most of the attractions that San Antonio has to order. Very friendly and attentive Staff. Be sure to visit Ernie's Bar and get to know Hannah, that will take about 10 seconds. She is a TRIP!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Our family recently enjoyed a five-Day REUNION at this wonderful property.....The Crockett Hotel, with 65 of us as their guests. I can't begin to express how absolutely wonderful our experience was! The Crockett Hotel is beautifully restored and maintained, keeping its early American charm, along with all the modern necessities any guest might expect.
The entire staff went above and beyond to make certain that we were all comfortable and that all our needs and wishes were met.
A special thanks to Shirley Byers, sales meg., Margaret, And front desk attendants, Aurelio, Linda, and Eduardo. The bellmen, parking attendants, and breakfast staff were wonderful, and always eager to help in any way they could.
By all means, make plans for a wonderful visit to San Antonio, and a reservation at the historic Crockett Hotel!

Room Tip: All rooms are larger than normally found in the hotel industry, and beautifully appointed and comfortable.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family