“Worst hotel we have ever stayed in.”
Review of Crockett Hotel

Crockett Hotel
Ranked #17 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

My family and I had the worst experience here. The room was cute but our tv did not work, my daughter got trapped in the elevator, and we were up all night because you could hear everything outside including every single time someone used the elevator! I can't believe this place is still in business. Not a warm place at all!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Kdiehlmiller
CrockettGM, General Manager at Crockett Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Naturally, we are disappointed that you felt our hotel was so below your expectations.

We reviewed our engineering logs and could not determine any reported problems with an elevator or television. But as a follow up, we had our elevators checked by our service company to ensure they were all working properly. We take the care and upkeep of these essential services as our highest priority.

We will share your review with our staff so that we can continue to improve our operations. In addition, we were happy that you accepted the financial adjustment that was provided when you checked out. We look forward to a return visit when we might be able to welcome you back.

There are newer reviews for Crockett Hotel

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We got a great rate (roughly half the price of nearby hotels). The room was spacious & clean; the bathroom was a bit small but certainly adequate. Free breakfast was okay & happy hour in the bar was nice. The pool looked beautiful (we didn't use it). SUPER close to all the things we did downtown. Friendly front desk. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Overall our stay was great. Location is awsome so close to alamo, mall, riverwalk just everything. Our room was clean, parking is not easy and it costs $20/night but that seems to be the standard. The breakfast they offered had a good selection and it lasted late. It was quite well as quite as a hotel full of people can be. Prices are decent. Would stay there again!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank erawson77
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Chose this hotel for the last weekend of my stay in San Antonio based on the proximity to the Alamo and other sights in San Antonio, as well as positive reviews on TripAdvisor. And I was in no way let down!
My room was not exactly spacious, but I found it clean and tidy. And it had a view towards the Alamo, which was just a few meters away. Very convenient! Free wifi was also good enough to have Facetime conversations with family back home.
Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Half the rooms have windows that open towards the atrium, while the other half face outside. If you...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I couldn't have been happier with my stay at The Crockett Hotel. This historic hotel offers the perfect location to attractions, restaurants, and the convention center. Literally five steps out of the front door and you are in The Alamo! I read other reviews of the loud AC units but did not experience this in my room. Also, the breakfast buffet had numerous offerings, including waffles, eggs, fruit, breads, and yogurt. On a personal note, I was waiting for the airport shuttle on my departure day and became extremely ill. I decided to change my flight to later in the day. The front desk staff was very helpful and allowed me to return to my room. After speaking with the manager, Bill, he sent a bottle of Sprite to my room and offered that I could stay in the room until my later shuttle pick up. I will definitely make this my hotel of choice when returning to San Antonio.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Katie K
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This hotel is in a good location. However, parking is difficult, road noise is loud and our A/C unit sounds like a jet engine every time it turns on. This made sleeping quite a challenge. You'll have to decide which matters more to you - location or a good night's sleep. Otherwise, the room was nice and the amenities good.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the road noise, if you can.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
CrockettGM, General Manager at Crockett Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at the hotel.

We work very hard to provide a comfortable and convenient location for guests who are visiting San Antonio. We know a good nights sleep is always the expectation of our guests. We are never satisfied if a guest has left with a negative impression of the Crockett.

We certainly will look into the a/c unit to find the cause of its loud operation This is certainly not normal. We appreciate your letting us know, for without such feedback we may not be aware. We will evaluate and make repairs as soon as possible.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed June 25th had a big corner room. Very clean. This is a great location. Just behind the Alamo and Walking distance to many of the popular places in the river. No restaurant, but lots of places to go nearby.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business