“Poor Buffet, Surly Service, OK Pasta Bar”

Barron's Restaurant - The Sheraton Gunter Hotel
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Visit our new location Market on Houston.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Ate here one night - waitress sent us to a table on the patio where we waited for 15 minutes, only to be told that she had no right to do that, by a grumpy waiter who then ignored us. Talked to the manager, who sent us inside rather than dealing with the issue. Seated by a waitress, who told us to eat at the buffet, because the kitchen was taking up to 30 minutes to serve food - to a 1/3 full restaurant. Ate at the buffet as a result (and because the menu was more limited than most Sheratons) - tired food, poor selection - perhaps she recommended it so that the food would ge eaten rather than thrown out? Also had cooked to order pasta, which was much better. All in all, given the number of places to eat in San Antonio within two blocks, this is a non-starter.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The food is the food. Locations was ideal, so I went there. The service was good, but the food was whatever.

1  Thank Olya1
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We went to Barrons for breakfast having been a bit disappointed by our own hotel's buffet. Anyhow, down we sat and my other half had the buffet, I had the short stack pancakes.

To be fair, service was fine, nothing special but ok, the food came quickly enough and my pancakes were ok. Not the best pancakes every, but they really were alright. My other half had the buffet and seemed happy enough with it - the choice was good and the food tasted nice enough.

What did not impress was that the cutlery and glasses on the table were not clean - that was bad form. The impression I got was 'meh'. The Sheraton is meant to be an upscale chain, the name is well regarded and their hotels are thought of as top choices, so I expected a lot from their restaurant, but it was just ok. There was nothing wrong with it, it just want the sort of place I'd expect to be attached to a Sheraton.

Three stars, but it ought to have been more in the circumstances.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Great for a meal before a show at the Majestic Theater directly across the street! You can also visit their bakery and just get something sweet. The servers are really attentive and really take care of you.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

BEST BURGER AND ONION RINGS. Wait staff said I would love them-they were right! I had work to do so took it "to go" . Would have loved to sit down and enjoy their Thanksgiving Dinner.