“Excellent Food!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Luciano Ristorante Italiano

Luciano Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Luciano Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 4,589 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Santa Cruz, California
“Excellent Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We had a staff dinner here (~20+) and they did a great job of accommodating our group. The service was excellent as well as the food. We tried several of their dishes and non were disappointing! Looking for some Italian food in Texas, check out this place!

• 4 of 5 bubbles

San Antonio, Texas
“Favoloso”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Beautiful and intimate atmosphere on the River Walk. Beautiful menu of great variety; ingredients fresh and used in hand made sauces and pastas prepared daily.

The service is gracious and charming. Staff knows the menu well and loves to talk about the food they love to serve and eat.

Luciano is a must for any San Antonio visit.

San antonio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I'm Italian and I know good Italian food....Luciano's is great!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott River Center and Luciano's is attached to the hotel. We stayed three days and ate at the restaurant three times... It's that good! The service was fantastic. Our waiter Steve was the BEST and was attentive to our every need. Best waiter I've ever had and definitely the sweetest! Eating outside by the river way so enjoyable. Luciano's was the highlight of our time in San Antonio. I would encourage you to try it, you will not be disappointed. Thank you Steve!!!!

1 Thank Barbara L
Thetis Island, Canada
“Not too good, not too bad. Guess, it depends...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

First night in San Antonio we have chosen the Luciano due to its proximity to the Marriott Riverwalk and its attractive setting along the river. Our server came promptly and produced menus and a wine list. I felt like a "bubbly" and they had 3 choices. Since my husband doesn't care for it, I wanted just a glass. Server came back announcing that they run out off the one that was available by the glass. It did not seem like a nice start in to the evening. I expressed my disappointment meanwhile proceeding with ordering. Then a restaurant manager approached us asking how we were doing. "OK, I guess", - was my answer. When our server came back he asked if she solved our concern. "Nope." Then another authority appeared, a Catering Manager, and produced a bottle of Asti, mentioning that they did not usually do it for anyone. I thanked them for the glass of a very cheap bubbly and surely, one glass of it paid for the whole bottle. So, what's the big deal to make a customer happy? Our server was certainly a caring one. Food was OK, the veal was tender but meals were missing finishing touches overall. Then came dessert. Tiramisu was an obvious choice. When I put that beauty into my mouth it felt like a cloud. I raised my eyes on to the sky, and noticing the server's name tag, announced "God, thank you for sending us an Angel". Server's name was Angel. They do not make desserts in-house, but obviously they choose the right ones to serve. Angel was non-stoppable, he made the best of espresso, of which we had 3 or 4 servings each. Then came the Limoncello-OOh! and, 3 to 4 shots later, life was good again. We were the last to leave, just as we cautioned Angel at the very beginning (not that he believed us). Thank you, Angel, for saving our night. I always believe, it is not a problem that makes it or breaks it, it is how you handle it.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NVG13
Rockport, Texas
“Crummy Service, overpriced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

This restaurant was attached to the hotel we were staying at (Marriott Rivercenter) and we went there for lunch one day. The waiter seemed bothered at the fact we were there. He had no clue of the menu or the wine list! When we did finally complete our orders and received our food, the food was watery, cold, and tasted like it was a frozen meal. I have had TV dinners taste fresher than this! The waiter never came to fill our glasses of water or see if we were doing okay and when we received our tickets they had the nerve to tack on the bill 20%. I understand they usually do this with a party of six or more which we were of six. That's fine, BUT don't treat me like poo and expect to receive your tip. On top of all that the prices were quite high. Especially for lunch specials. I wouldn't recommend this place. There are far too many choices to spoil your visit on this one.

Visited August 2013