“Pho and Iced Coffee”

Neighborhood: Northeast San Antonio
San Antonio
“Pho and Iced Coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Pho (vietnamese soup) is wonderful here. I usually get P17 combo. It comes with eye round steak, flank, brisket and tendon, sliced thin served with rice noodles, fresh bean sprouts, basel, cilantro, thinly sliced onions and fresh jalapeno peppers. You can skip the noodles and ask for extra bean sprouts, if you are watching your carbs. Nice healthy low carb high protein dish. I have had Pho all over the country. This one compares very well to the good ones. Fried spring rolls are my guilty pleasure. Dipped in fish sauce and eaten with fresh crisp iceberg lettuce. wonderful. I eat this stuff for lunch once a week, at least. Vietnamese iced coffee is strong and rich. I love it. Very resonably priced. Good place for a hearty and tasty lunch.

• Visited February 2013

Bulverde, Texas
“Fantastic Pho!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

I love this place! If you are in need of some warm soup, this is the place. Just make sure you sit on the Pho Cong side of the resturant. You get better service!

2 Thank Ryan B
San Antonio, Texas
“How does this place survive?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Taste of Asia has been around forever. And it's always pretty busy, despite its depressing lighting and bare-bones atmosphere. It's a favorite for the local constabulary, judging by the number of police cars parked in the lot (and they can't always be there for calls). I've been at Taste of Asia a number of times and their pho is good, I'll grant them that. But last time I went I saw they had egg fu young on the menu and I'm a sucker for egg fu young; it's hard to find in SA, so I ordered it. And it tasted pretty good. And the portion was enough for three people. So I took a lot home. And I was sick all night with one of those "they've gotta be using MSG" stomach aches. The next morning, I threw out my giant box of leftovers, regrettably, but I didn't want to chance another stomach ache (which continued to linger throughout the morning hours).

So I'll recommend the pho. It's good, in fact, when I have a cold and no chicken soup handy, their pho does the trick.

• Visited December 2012
Rio Frio, Texas
“Simply the best...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

This is simply the best Pho in San Antonio... I have been eating here on and off for 5five years and it has always been great! Try the P31 with a side of spring rolls.

• Visited December 2012
Bulverde, Texas
“Amazing Vietnamese Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

We had some out of state visitors and had to bring them to one of our very favorite Asian restaurants! Taste of Asia offers the most amazing Vietnamese food. From the vermicelli bowls to the rice plates to the most amazing pho anywhere. We have eaten pho at restaurants all over the world and this is the best place by far. The staff is always friendly and accomodating and again the food is alwasy perfection. The summer rolls and the spring rolls are always fresh and so very, very good. If you have not been then you have missed a real treat.

• Visited September 2012