“TexMex on S. Alamo”

Neighborhood: Arsenal
Longview, Texas
“TexMex on S. Alamo”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Good place to stop on a S. Alamo St. walking pub crawl. Tito's has the ambiance of the old commercial building redone and a staff with good service skills. The chips and salsa were as good as you can get in San Antonio and that says a lot! (and the beer was cold!)

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank tomthbomb

San Antonio, Texas, United States
“The ONLY Mexican Food in SA”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is the only place we'll splurge on Mexican Food in San Antonio- worth the calories and not greasy and crappy. Salsa is fantastic. Sopapillas unparalled. Sure, the service can be a little spotty but a smile and some eye contact will do the job in most cases...

• Visited January 2013
Sugar Land, Texas
“Apparently a hidden gem...”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

When I told the cabbie where to take us, he said... HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THIS PLACE? Apparently it's a locals thing, and we were tourists...but we know locals so we had the inside scoop on supposedly the best Mexican in town.

It's pretty non-descript on the outside (and inside). There is a bar area to stand around with TVs, and you can eat in there or in the other large dining room.

I felt that the Margaritas were pretty average and the guacamole was a little processed for a real-deal Mexican place. But the enchiladas... carne guisada... even the salsa that came with the chips... muy autentico! (authentic:) I used to live in South Texas so I know my Mexican food, and I was impressed.

Service was good, not great, but they were very busy. The hostess was very quick to get our large party seated on a busy Friday night. If you're looking for good Mexican with better atmosphere, La Fogata is probably better, but for authentic Mexican food near the Riverwalk, I'd come here!

Visited March 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Really crappy service...I'll never go back!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was enjoying a nice evening stroll through King William when my wife and I decided to try Tito's for dinner. The place wasn't very busy, but no one even acknowledged us when we went in. We seated ourselves and waited and waited and waited. We were there over 15 minutes without so much as a smile or word from the folks running it. It was like they didn't want our business or something. We finally had enough and left. This place sucks, I'll never go back and that is too bad for them because we spend quite a bit of time and money in that part of town. Can't comment on the food because I have not had any.

• Visited February 2013
houstonburbs
“One of the best kept secrets in San Antonio...”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

It is always said....find where the locals eat, and eat there for the good food. We discovered this wonderful place a few years ago, and make it a regular stop when in town. Even with the Valentine crowd, it did not disappoint! Not to far from the downtown area....weather was very nice strolling down St.Mary's .... The chicken enchiladas poblano .....OUTSTANDING!!! The margarita was superb! Can't wait to come back this summer!!

• Visited February 2013