“Aweful experience”

Ranked #217 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Stayed there last weekend with the family.

The ice machine was broken. There was no coffee maker in the room. The TV was small and definitely not modern. Those things didn't really bother me though.

My wife complained that she was starting to itch after getting into bed. She had to wrap herself in a towel. I don't want to speculate as to what may have caused it. I didn't itch because I slept above the covers (because it was too warm - see below).

The air conditioner unit shuts off completely after reaching temperature, which I absolutely hate because I need that white noise to help me sleep and drown out the noise of the Interstate and the neighbors, which kept screaming at the top of their lungs ALL night like they were possessed (no joke). To make it worse, the curtains catch all of the air and do not let it circulate around the room so the unit shuts off even though the rest of the room is still warm. For this alone I would not return to that hotel.

My kid enjoyed the swimming pool and the Texas shaped waffle - for what it's worth. The location was convenient though there is highway construction going on in that area.

If you are going to this area I would suggest the Sleep Inn and Suites right behind this hotel. The price is comparable but it is much quieter (farther from the highway) and you get an indoor pool and more breakfast choices.

Room Tip: Not sure it would matter but higher room numbers are farther away from the Interstate.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Eddie L
Neil P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Fiesta Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Dear Eddie,

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Outside of Hotel and the lobby are pleasing. Inside the room, however, we encountered a broken chair. The leg fell off when I moved it. Room was clean, but lots of wear and tear that needed immediate attendance. There we no blow dryers in both rooms (we had 2 rooms). We had to ask for them and the front desk seemed hesitant to provide them. We had a third person in our party and no linens were provided until we asked for them. The staff was always pleasant, but there was never more than one person available and we could wait 5 minutes for someone to show up at the front desk. I really don't like giving bad ratings, but this hotel needs some serious refreshing.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank darlenmm
Neiltx125, Owner at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Fiesta Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Darlenmm,

General Manager /Owner

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I was given one price of 54.00 , when I got to the motel I was charged 75.00. I told him of the price I was given,he said the management can change the price whenever he likes. I said do I get a discount i am a disable veteran. He said no discount. I'll never set foot in any establishment with a sorry pakerstand at the desk trying to stick certain people, never see me here again.thanks james.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank james1577

Dear James 1577,

Reviewed January 29, 2014

The room was large and it had a nice king size bed. Everything worked - fridge was cold - micro was good - Heater worked nice and it was warm for those cold SA days in January - Bathroom had good water pressure - Convenient parking near the room door and it was quiet even though close to road. Nice breakfast - Hot coffee - muffins & cereal - For the price it was fantastic - Friendly staff was helpful -For someone like me on a budget it was a great value for the price. I will stay there again should I need to be on that side of town in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank rosswsisson
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I liked it! Basic breakfast, nice staff, clean rooms. Had all the minor conveniences and all the appliances worked. The air conditioner was a little vocal, but it drowned out any guests or traffic noise. As mentioned, price is a real deal!! Location is ok. My only dislikes were the springy, but clean, bed and a few paint issues. Will most likely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank LuisF356
Reviewed December 28, 2013

For a one night stay and on a budget, this was fantastic! All 3 of the employees we encountered were genuinely friendly and helpful. The room was decent size and everything worked fine (micro/fridge/wifi/tv/ac). Bed was king and average. Also had a loveseat. All seemed clean mostly until we discovered a wad of hair in the shower drain. They should invest in curved shower rods, cause you couldnt shower without being on the curtain. Parking was fine and the whole place was quiet. Breakfast was basic but decent. Price was unbeatable, especially for what you get.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank djz032070
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I always choose to stay at the Econo Lodge Fiesta Park when I travel to San Antonio, Tx. The rooms are neat and clean. The staff have a great attitude and there is a welcoming atmosphere. I advised some friends to stay here as they were traveling and passing through for the night. They also enjoyed their stay and complimented how great the ratex are snd how clesn and nest the hotel appears. Its well worth the stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Natasha A
Neiltx125, Owner at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Fiesta Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Dear Guest,