“Not bad for a one-two star place” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Regency Inn & Suites San Antonio

Regency Inn & Suites San Antonio
Ranked #273 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
upstate NY
“Not bad for a one-two star place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2010

My rating is based on what I expected from a place rated two-star or lower. We stayed there twice, the night we arrived in San Antonio and the night before our flight out. It is located reasonably near interstates in the medical section of town on a broad street with lots of food choices not far off. We could have found even cheaper accomodations, but this also had a continental breakfast (and we arrived on Christmas Eve!) The breakfast was minimally good - they had cereal, including oatmeal, and fruit, and danish. It was served in a breakfast room off the lobby which looked more upscale than most two star places we've stayed in. The rooms were large and decently furnished, and the towels, while not luxuriant, were reasonably soft. Refrigerator, microwave, and a single-serve Cuisinart coffeemaker were provided, with better than average (for motels) coffee. The place was generally clean, though the carpet was worn enough to look less than new. The first night we were presumably in a "suite" where a part-wall with cut-outs separated the beds from the couch. The second night we were in a room, same features and apparent size, but without the wall. Bottom line - decent place to stay at a decent price.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Richardson TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2009

When I booked this hotel through Orbitz the room said two queen bed suite with fridge and microwave. Well it had two queen beds and a fridge and microwave but that's it. A desk and a couch that was all chewed up on the front. The room smelled alittle bit musty. The bed was comfy and the staff was really nice. There was no channel guide. It was way over priced for what I got. Not hard to find though. The continental breakfast was a joke. It was cereal and wrapped doughnut things.

• Stayed March 2009
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
RegencyInn210, Owner at Regency Inn & Suites San Antonio, responded to this review, January 27, 2011
Hello, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at Regency Inn and Suites. Your post was made in 2009, and we have since updated our rooms. We check our rooms on a regular basis and our housekeeping staff work hard to keep the rooms hygenic. I will take corrective actions to provide a chanel guide in the rooms for guests, and I thank you for that suggestion. Also, we are lookin at expanding out contiental breakfast and would welcome any feedback with suggestions as to what would be a great addition. I hope you will revisit Regency Inn and Suites while you are in San Antonio, and allow us to serve you again.
Dallas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2008

We just returned from San Antonio to run in the Inaugural RocknRoll Marathon. What we liked best (we had two rooms) was the spaciousness. One room had a kingsize bed then a little room seperated by a half wall with a sofa sleeper, coffee table, lamps, desk with chair so someone could relax on the bed while others visited. There is also a refrigerator and microwave. We had to have lots of food and water for the race so that was good. The one cup coffee maker? uh, if you really like good coffee, go get some.

Yes, the rooms are older but they are fine. The other room we booked was a two double bed room and it also had a sofa sleeper and all the stuff the king room had. The bathrooms were decent, but we aren't really that picky if we don't pay an arm and a leg. The tubs are older so have some stains but that doesn't bother me as long as it's clean.

The carpeting could use updating but again, I always use flip flops to walk around so no big deal. The beds were really comfortable and BEST OF ALL, the rooms are really dark and quiet. We couldn't hear a thing and slept really well.

The front desk personnel were friendly, not overly talkative but kind.

I would say this place is pretty convenient. It's on Fredericksburg in between Huebner and Wurzbach so you can quickly get to Interstate 10. I got a good price and would stay again. Some of the reviews I read really scared me and I was surprised that Priceline would use this place but once I got to the hotel and saw the room, I was not scared or wanted to leave. The size of the room and comfort was all we wanted.

• Liked — Comfort/price
  • Disliked — Nothing really, but maybe the old carpet
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
Austin, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2008

Not as clean as it should have been. Shower curtain and sink had hard water stains. Room did not have air conditioner on when we came in, so it took forever to cool. Sofa and bed cover had stains. I woke up with what appeared to look like mosquito bites, but I think it was bed bugs. I booked this through priceline as a 2 star hotel. My recommendation if you book through priceline and you want to stay In San Antonio make sure its 2 1/2 star or better or else you'll wind up regretting it. If this is a 2* , I can only imagine a one star.

• Liked — The distance to our destination---Fiesta Texas
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
Hi, your information concerning the sink and shower curtain in your room was most helpful for the improvements made on our property. Our housekeepers are asked to turn on the air conditioning during extreme weather in San Antonio, and please accept our apology your room was not properly prepared for your stay. We strive to make our guests satisfaction the goal everyday, and your information will allow us to complete that task. Please allow Regency Inn and Suites to serve you in the future when visiting San Antonio.
tamerama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2008

WARNING! This place is nasty. I booked a 2* through priceline since i only needed one night and was on my own. What a mistake!! DIRTY floors...dusty everything. Water stains on the ceilings..curtain falling off the rod....wall paper border had been pulled down on one wall and the blank torn up wall was left. I could seriously NOT believe that priceline would give out this hotel. I immediately called priceline who cancelled my order and left my high and dry basically. Told me to leave the key and did not a whole lot mroe to help me. Fortunately my husband was able to make me other accomodations from home but it was VERY unpleasant to say the least!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the entire experience
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank tamerama
Andrews, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2007

My wife and I needed a reasonable motel for a week while she underwent surgery at the Medical Center. It was convenient to the hospital and the suite, if you call it that, was only $79/night. I do agree that the room appeared aged, but we saw no evidence they wasn't adequately cleaned. We, too, were initially put in a smoking room, but our complaint was quickly remedied. One thing that we really liked was that it was quiet. No traffic noise, banging doors, or stomping from the room overhead. We were able to sleep very well. The breakfast room offered mixed box of donuts, Tang-style orange juice, coffee, and three cereals. But if you want a nice brunch, stay at the Embassey Suites and pay 30% more. If cost wasn't an issue, I would. But for the cost, Regency Inn & Suites delivered.

• Liked — cost
  • Disliked — breakfast room
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank drjhawk
Lubbock Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2007

Stain on carpet, mold in shower, poorly laundered towels, bathroom cabinet missing door, bathroom door dirty, deluxe continental breakfast consisted of 4 containers of cereal, Tang type orange juice, two small boxes of donuts. Multiple cigarette burns on furniture, hair dryer, counters, cigarette smell in non-smoking room. Priceline providing rooms like this could severely hurt their wonderful reputation of providing surplus rooms at great prices.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — condition of room
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Sir, your comment is greatly appreciated, and much corrective action has taken place since your stay in 2007. We have made improvements to amenities, carpets, beds, furnishings, and staff. We strive to serve our guests not only with quality customer service but also with excellent rooms for a resonable price. We love customer feedback so that we can correct situations that may hinder guests stay(s) upleasant. Please allow Regency Inn and Suites another opportunity to earn your business while visiting San Antonio.