“Cricket Infested, Filthy, Over-billed; motto: "we'll make it right"...NOT!”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Fiesta Park
Ranked #246 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Numerous complaints. 1. Desk clerk confused me with another guest with last name at check-in: took 5 minutes to educate her; 2. room dark, dingy, smelly; 3. furniture unsafe and unbelievably filthy; 4. cricket infested--even in the beds!; 5. staff response..."it's cricket season," no effort to "make it right."; 6. decided to check out one day early and told it was ok to get refund for 2nd night, BUT...couldn't print me a receipt as their printer was broken, and my online bank indicated I had been charged AGAIN for the rooms despite having pre-paid instead of getting the agreed upon refund, and have yet to receive the credit for the 2nd night four days later. Total billing mess.; 7. hot tub was dirty and not functioning.

Would recommend going elsewhere. San Antonio area is loaded with better alternatives. Even if you have to pay another $10-$20 per night, it will be worth it. The only things welcome at this hotel are your money and the crickets...stay away!

Reviewed July 25, 2010

My family and I checked into the hotel and was the rooms were old and smelly. We were prepared to stay until the housekeeper was very rude not only to me but my son. I went to the front desk to complain and explained my concerns to the general manager Mary. I do appreciate her listening and she even booked another room at a different hotel. I would not recommend this hotel to any one. Even though my situation was resolved. I had to pay extra money for another hotel to have a peace of mind.

Reviewed July 13, 2010

hot tub was broken when we got there & it was never fixed. Pool was dirty couldn't see the kids when they went underwater. Room pullout couch was dirty & uncomfortable. HUGE bugs in the room. Electric out lets in room didn't work. Guest services was a waste. No one answers the phone or addresses you concerns. Spend $20 more bucks for a better hotel. This place will ruin your vacation if you stay here.

Reviewed May 11, 2010

I recently stayed at this motel with my mom and sister while in San Antonio for my cousins wedding. When we arrived, there were two woman at the check in desk to help, one took my sisters drivers license and debit card and made a photocopy-never seen this before, but maybe other places do the same? After about 10 minutes of waiting while the two woman chatted about their plans for the weekend, we finally got our room key. My sister and I walked over to the room we were assigned, and the key wouldnt scan. I tried both keys with no results, so went back to the office, where the front desk woman reset the keys and gave them back, off again to the room, and once again, they didnt work. I went back to the front desk frustrated as all heck, and she finally gave me the master key to the entire place, and told me to see if they would scan and bring them back. I was beyond irritated, but I did it for her, and that worked, so I let my sister and my mom into the room, and went back to the desk. She then told me that she was going to have to book us in a different room. So, again the waiting for her to transfer, and then getting all our stuff out of one room and into the next. All of this going on when we had a wedding to get to that night. So the check in was a disaster!! The rest of the stay was hit and miss, the room was pretty clean compared to what I have seen from this brand, and there was alot of extras like the fridge, microwave, and small stovetop. The beds were not very comfortable, and I find it hard to believe that two people can fit comfortably on one bed-if I had been sharing a bed with my boyfriend instead of my sister, we would have a problem! At one point we had a large family staying above us that was out running the halls all hours of the night, and our rooms were right next to the front lobby, you would think somebody would come out and say something, but nothing. The second day of our stay, we came back to the hotel after being gone all day, and got ready to go out. My sister noticed that she was missing her other bra. She searched the entire room, and knew she had it because she had worn it the night before with her dress. She never did find it. My mom had brought a special gift from my grandparents to my cousin, and left it in the room, that was also missing. We searched through all our luggage, the room, and our car, but neither item was ever located. I think back to the fact that the front desk just gave me the master key to try and open the room door, I wondered if they did the same to somebody else??? When my sister complained to the manager, he told her that nobody at his hotel would steal anything, they are all good people, and that was it. I dont know what happened, but I will NEVER EVER stay at this place again!!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2010

I stayed here for a conference at the convention center. Traffic was incredibly light, but I left the hotel about 7:00a each morning. This would also be a great location for going to Fiesta Texas (as the name implies) and probably Sea World. Value was good on week nights; not so good for weekends.

Free hot breakfast was okay -- nothing to get excited about and not too many options.

Also, a Subway located very near hotel. (Watch them, though. They either don't know the price they are suppose to charge or intentionally ignore it.)

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2010

My mother and I stayed there for one night and the service was great! The room was clean, breakfast was good and the personnel were very caring and cooperative.

Special thanks to Lesley who helped me find my lost cat :-)

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 21, 2010

we would like to thank Crystal and Jackie at the front desk, their profesionalism and helpfulness made our stay very comfortable, they were both willing to help out any any time, considering our special needs. Thank you girls for providing our group with excellent service. Very good hotel for extended stay so close to everything like great steakhouses and entertainment and shopping.

Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business