Comfort Inn & Suites Airport
Hotel Contessa(San Antonio)
$143
Hotel Contessa
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $163/night.

Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$113
$289
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$181
$143
$90
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

All reviewshot and cold choiceswafflesfront desk staff was helpfulbusiness centercar rentalroom was cleanfresh fruitflat screen tvnice stayexercise roomvery nice hotelwhataburgertaxicerealfridgechannelscheckin
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I booked online in advance and got a great rate for 2 nights! The suite was extremely clean, with a fridge, microwave, coffee station, comfy bed, big bathroom with a walk in shower. I could have used a few more towels ... but the towels were plush and smelled good.
The breakfast had a lot of variety and was kept replenished well. We saw many families able to find something everyone liked.
We had a trainee check us in and she was a little too aggressive ... but we had no real problem. They gave good directions and were very willing to answer questions we had about the area.
We used the pool and the exercise room and they were also clean and easy to use. Was not happy that the hot tub was out of order. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: booking online in advance saved me $$.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Princess L L
Reviewed January 5, 2014

What ever you do stay away from this hotel if you want to catch your plane. Had a 6:30 AM reservation at the front desk when we checked in the night before to catch our 7:45 AM flight. Chose this hotel to insure we were close on a holiday weekend only to find the front desk at 6:30 AM stating they had no driver on duty and a cab had been called. WHAT?! No one said anything about a cab....Then all we heard was that the cab company lost the reservation and would be there soon...at almost 7:00 the cab arrives and by the time we get to the airport it is CHAOS with people everywhere. Were it not for my priority status, we would have NEVER made the flight. As it was we just got there as they were boarding. NEVER AGAIN

Room Tip: stay away if you need to fly from here
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I posted a couple weeks ago and it suddenly fell off tripadvisor. I noticed reviews for this property are sporadic so perhaps something is wrong that reviews are dropping off.
I arrived around 2am after a delayed flight. Checkout went smoothly, and I crashed. I was only there a few hours but everything went well, including breakfast. I do recall imprinting my credit card; never gave me a good reason for doing so. This practice seems common with Choice properties in San Antonio and is wrong. I doubt the property manager wants his/her credit card copied every time it's used at a gas station, grocery store, restaurant, etc. This practice is just wrong and should be stopped for the safety of the guests identity.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2013

With Comfort Inn, you know what you get. It's nothing fancy, but this hotel was very clean, fairly new, and conveniently located (although a bit hard to find at first, although my GPS took me right there). We had a mini suite, with a sitting area separated from the bed area by a 3-foot wall. My only negative is that the "living room" area only had two small not very comfortable chairs with small pull-out footstools. I would have much preferred a couch or larger, more comfortable recliners. Breakfast was the usual: scrambled eggs, sausage patties, Texas-shaped Belgian waffles, cereal, breads of various sorts. They also had a refrigerator stocked with yogurt and hard-boiled eggs.

The desk clerk at check in was very friendly and helpful, as were all staff members we came across. Would have liked a bit more lighting in the parking lot. The room came with a microwave and a good-sized refrigerator. The pillows were a small square, not the usual size of pillows, but there were a lot of them and they turned out to be quite comfortable and more than adequate. Towels were the usual Comfort Inn skimpy weight, but the staff cheerfully furnished us with extras when we asked.

All in all, I'd recommend this to anyone looking for an affordable option in a great, convenient location.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Diane W
tx806, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Diane,

Thank you for your feedback, it is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Margo Shader-Garza
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport
2102492000

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Very nice room, very nice hotel, first visit to San Antonio. Only problem again concerned the dog. After we got checked in and took the dog and the luggage up to the fourth floor, received a call from the front desk saying that they noticed we had a dog with us and asked if the dog was going to be with us during our stay (1 night). Well, duh, what was we going to do with him? I told them yes he was and she asked if I was aware there was a $25.00 fee for the animal. I told her I was and if she checked she would see that I had declared that we were traveling with a dog when I made the reservation. She checked and found that yes I had. Inconvenient to places to eat otherwise this was a grade A hotel. Was able to get laundry done and helpful staff

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family