“Great if you like to party- Sleeping is another story”

Motel 6 San Antonio - Splashtown
Motel 6 San Antonio - Splashtown
Ranked #307 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
San Antonio, Texas
“Great if you like to party- Sleeping is another story”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

We checked in trying to sleep. The room had a dead mouse in it somewhere. Looked for it myself and then called the front desk. They sent an employee the next day who put a whole 3 minutes into looking and said he couldn't find it. Then went outside and talked on his cell for a few hours. In addition to the stench of a dead mouse was the sound of several other rooms partying. After driving a half mile to the nearest and only business- a gas station we bought some ear and nose plugs. The breakfast is pancakes you make yourself and horrible coffee.You will need antacids and prilosac after eating the breakfast. The maids come in before you have a chance to answer the door and when they leave the bed is made but the room is still filthy. Do yourself a favor and find an actual hotel.

Room Tip: In order to get a good room soon after pulling in the lot leave. Get back on the interstate and find...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank angryinsa

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

I arrived at the hotel and was treated very rudely by the desk attendant. When I finally got up to my room, and the floor was dirty, there were dead cockroaches all over the bathroom and by the sink. The tv needed to be plugged in to turn on and unplugged to be shut off. The refrigerator also had a dead cockroach inside. When I tried to see if I could just get my money back and leave, I couldn't reach the front desk. When I went to the desk, no one was there. I ended up staying. The next morning I was bringing my bags to the car, and when I went back to grab my last bag, and the cleaning lady was inside. I told her about the bugs, only to realize she didn't speak any English. After leaving I realized I hadn't grabbed my 200 dollar sunglasses off the desk. When I called, they said they hadn't been found, and they would check the room and call back. 3 hours later, no call. I went back. Sunglasses were long gone and bugs STILL in the exact same spots after the room was cleaned! I will never stay at a deluxe Inn again. Worst hotel I have EVER stayed at.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Kendrabradley

Travelers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

Mineral Wells, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2011

We checked into the room and the floor had not been vacuumed. Holes were in the sheets (several holes) My husband who is diabetic went to the front desk at 3:30 am to see about using a vending machine for a snack for low blood sugar. The attendant was very rude and brushed him off. The cable plug to the tv was wrapped in foil to make the channels clear and this fell off and the tv was static. The night stand was about to fall over as it was broken. The rooms were not clean at all. Had we not already reserved the room for 3 nights, we would have checked out, but we didn't want to lose the money. This was the first hotel that I have ever seen thah had a governor on the hot water. The water was not hot at all. Will never go back to the Delux Inn. (or as the sign said" Lux Inn, cause the lights were not all working on the sign......

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Austin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2006

Booked a room on Expedia for $92. Photos looked OK. As we pulled in, we found the hotel on the frontage road in a seedy industrial area. Walls around and near the hotel were covered with gang graffiti. Large fence all the way around the property in the middle of a field of weeds. The sign outside was "Delux Inn - from $24" (no "e" at the end) The hotel advertised "free continental breakfast" When we entered the shabby lobby, we saw that the building did not actually have breakfast area. There was a filthy waffle iron, two threadbare armchairs and one little cheap table under the TV set. The proprietor/clerk appeared, nice tattoos poking out from under his ragged, black T-shirt. He did have extensive video camera surveillance of the property - apparently a necessity. A toddler was pushing around a plastic tricycle under foot. Check-in took a long time as he insisted on writing down drivers' license info from both my wife and I. We had booked two nights; my wife asked "can we cancel?" After we saw the dank room, we called Expedia, cancelled, took the one-night charge hit and went somewhere else. Far and away the worst, most frightening property we have encountered in 20 years of travel. We are appalled that Expedia even listed listed it.

• Stayed June 2006