“Good food and great service.”
Review of Olmos Pharmacy

Olmos Pharmacy
Ranked #677 of 4,625 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Diner, Bar
Neighborhood: North Central
Neighborhood: North Central
“Good food and great service.”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I'm not a big wine fan, but they have happy hour specials and an extensive wine list. Locals came after work both a younger and older crowd. This is a walk-in, seat yourself place. They have live bands at night. I had a great chicken burger with a YUMMY vanilla milkshake and fries. They are steak cut fries, which is the only drawback, but the burger and shake were so good, they didn't even matter. My waitress was fast, polite, and an absolute doll! I'd go back here if I went to San Antonio again. Also, it's affordably priced for a good portion of food.

Visited April 2012

Texas
“good idea...”
Reviewed August 22, 2010

The Bharmacy is a great concept, poorly executed.... so far. The food was good, the service was great (we were one of two couples dining there), and there was [good] live music. Ok - pretty awesome for a Sunday afternoon. But the Bharmacy needs to step up the decor and organization if they want to attract more people. For now, consider it a good neighborhood stand-by.

Colorado
“Yummy! Patty Lou's "Bharmacy"”
Reviewed October 23, 2009

We wandered into the Olmos Park "Bharmacy" while on a quest for breakfast. The parking lot wasn't busy at all, while the Mexican place a block or so over looked packed... usually a red flag, but we decided to give it a chance, or at least look at the menu. We sat at a long, low counter, and were immediately given menus by a pleasant man who turned out to be our server. Turned out, it was also his first day on the job. He was extremely attentive, and apologetic without being irritating when he wasn't. The menu was extensive, with delectable-sounding dishes such as the Eggs Goldenrod - "Chopped hard-boiled egg whites in a seasoned cream sauce served over toast with the hard boiled egg yolks crumbled on top plus 2 strips of bacon", or the 4 Ingredient Extra Special Specialty Pancakes - pick your own ingredients - with offerings such as Gingerbread, Coconut, and Candied Jalapenos. YUM! We were also informed that if none of these suited our fancy, we could order off the delightful lunch menu, even though it was well before 10 in the morning.
My husband's a biscuits and gravy guy (I would be too, if I wasn't watching every stinkin' calorie / fat blob / whatever), so he ordered that. I took advantage of the "build your own omelet" and chose egg whites with artichoke hearts, asparagus, and spinach. The cook came out, and eyeballed our order. He nodded approval at my husband. "Biscuits and gravy! Good choice! I just made a fresh batch!" He asked me what I ordered, and our server explained it to him... "Egg whites, artichoke hears, no home fries, wheat toast..."
The cook glared - "Ok... toast... no home fries? Fruit? I don't have any egg whites. Well, I could have egg whites. I'm not busy."
"That's up to you," I said.
"Okay. Alright. I don't have artichoke hearts."
"What do you have?"
"Everything else. They totally changed the menu, so we just don't have everything yet."
I opted for mushrooms. We were served two diet Cokes from the can, poured into ice-filled glasses. On the left, you could see into the kitchen, and the cook cooking furiously. Scrape! Fry! Chop!
I had expressed curiosity about the candied jalapenos, and the cook materialized them before me - a cup, with three crackers to lay them on. They were fantastic. I ate them all with my fingers, the cook nodding with a smile. "Go right after it. That's it." They were mild and warm and sweet, like pickle relish on steroids.
After a bit... our food. Hot and plated and exactly what we asked for. The biscuits and gravy were delicious (I tried some, and take my sweetie's word for it). My omelet was virtually naked, for me (The Condiment Queen! And not a bottle of hot sauce to be seen!), not soaked with cheese, and absolutely fantastic all by itself. Tons of mushrooms, perfectly cooked asparagus everywhere I stuck my fork, and spinach scattered about garnished merely with pepper. It was tender, delightful, warm and not overpowering. I ate the whole thing!! The fruit was fresh - gigantic grapes, mangoes, pears, apples, and cantaloupe. The owner of the restaurant (I assume she was the owner) checked with us frequently. It was obvious that everyone there took pride and responsibility in the restaurant, the food, and the service - even our waiter, bravely navigating his first day.
I hope that people continue to go here, experience the menu, and give the place a chance. We enjoyed it thoroughly, and as a former chef/cook, I appreciate the fact that the man behind the kitchen wasn't shy about being in the front of the house. That is faith in your product.

1 Thank ColoradoSunshineGirl
“A must try for those who...”
Reviewed December 28, 2008

A must try for those who have not and a must return for those who are in the know.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Best milkshakes in town...”
Reviewed August 7, 2008

Best milkshakes in town. Service has recently slipped considerably. Almost walked it was so slow.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook