All reviewslazy rivertime sharecamp armadillofull kitchensea worldmedia roomrattlesnake riverbedroom unitjb's restaurantfire pitblock partyheight requirementsister resortwater volleyballindoor outdoor poolhill countrygreat resort
Reviewed October 10, 2017

We were invited to stay at Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch through an offer with the Hyatt Vacation Club. Upon driving into the property we were blown away by the beauty of the landscape. It feels like you are out in the country when in reality, you are in the middle of town. There's a casual, family friendly vibe throughout the resort that just feels comfortable and welcoming. We stayed in a one bedroom unit. This fit our family of 4 well with the addition of a twin air mattress. We highly enjoyed the pool, the lazy river, and s'mores by the campfire at night. We loved all of the wild animals we saw from deer, to skunks, to possum, to raccoon. The resort felt very clean and safe and it was nice to allow my children to explore- giving both them- and my husband and I a little freedom.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank mindwa
Reviewed October 3, 2017

The grounds at Wild Oak Ranch are gorgeous. There is a walking path around the perimeter and a small botanical garden. The rooms were nice, we really enjoyed our balcony which faced northwest, We spent a large part of every evening hanging out there. Also, the "endless river" was a big treat at the end of a hot day of sightseeing. This property is excellent and has many activities geared to children. Any kid would love the gorgeous indoor/indoor pool and the two exciting waterslides. My only room tip is to stay on the top floor, better views and no overhead noise.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

We were given a room in the Mesquite building initially and it is the oldest building, so I was not happy. It turned out that it was the newest renovation.

We had reserved (and used points for) a two bedroom two bathroom, but were given keys for a one bedroom one bath. The computer system was down when we arrived. We had an L room (lock off) after all was said and done.

The staff was OK. The resort is old and showing age but has pros and cons to it.
Pros:
-New granite counter tops and facets in
the Kitchen & Bathroom
-Double sinks in Bathroom
-Shower & jacuzzi bathtub in Bathroom
-New sleeper sofa in the Living Room
(HOWEVER, the sofa cushions slide off
& it is uncomfortable to sit on)
-Chairs are comfy in Living Room
-TVs are high quality
-Workout room is top notch
-Swimming pool & hot tubs & lazy river
are great
Cons:
-Bathroom facets difficult to turn off & on
-We could hear our next door neighbors
showering
-Strange handle to flush toilet (yet the bowl
does empty twice)
-Sheets & pillows are LOW quality
-Grout on floors throughout needs a deep
cleaning
-Front door difficult to shut

We will stay here again because we are owners.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JoInTexas
Reviewed September 23, 2017

The place was beautiful. We had to leave early though due to Hurricane Harvey. But while we were there, we used the outdoor BBQ. The staff set up the charcoals and everything. We also used the swimming pool/river. There is an excellent restaurant on site. The only issue I had with the restaurant is that the bill is confusing. I accidentally tipped on top of the 20 percent mandatory gratuity and the service fee (for what I do not know).

The rooms were comfortable and spacious.

I would recommend and stay here again. We also took the free shuttle to the sister Hyatt Resort with a gold course. It was wonderful too.

I have to say I was impressed by the Texas freeways. They are smooth, clean, and great lighting. We took a day trip to Austin, Texas and it was wonderful.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second level. I heard nothing which is great.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

This has been our 7th trip to this resort and as always we are blown away by the accommodations and the resort amenities. Margaret was so helpful in facilitating an upgrade for us that went over and beyond. Thanks so much for another restful and delightful visit to our favorite family destination. We'll be back again.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family