“Excellent”

Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch
Ranked #14 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed May 19, 2009

Wonderful place for families. We enjoyed the swimming facilities. The complex is close enough to downtown San Antonio and far enough away from the crowds.

2  Thank wtmyers

Reviewed May 19, 2009

We've yet to go there and I'm having a bad experience. I made a reservation over a month ago for Wednesday, May 20th. I called May 18th to add another night, Thursday May 21st. Javier at the front desk couldnt get my dates correct, kept telling me they were booked for Memorial Day weekend then proceeded to tell me he was all booked on Thursday when prior that day he told me he had availability. I went to the internet and was able to book the same type of room on the internet. Called Javier back to reconcile both reservations (the one I made through the hotel and the one I made through the internet) into one reservation. He could not do that and would not garantee me to be in the same room. The bad thing is we cant cancel!!! They have a 14 day cancellation policy. Soooo.....I'm having a BAD experience even before getting there. Dont book through the hotel...only through the internet. Evidently, you can modify your reservation through the internet and the hotel staff cant help you!!

Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank Houston_TXMomof2
Reviewed May 16, 2009

I can't say enough good about this resort! Our whole family absolutely loved it! (Kids are 4, 3, and 9 mo.) There is plenty to do around the resort if you don't want to leave for a day or two. We loved the lazy river and beach, pool, and just walking around the grounds. We stayed in a one bedroom unit and it was fabulous with a full kitchen, washer and dryer, huge bathroom, porch, and very tastefully decorated. We can't wait to go back! Check it out!

2  Thank Momma-Bish
Reviewed May 13, 2009

We just spent 3 days at this resort and were blown away! For $99/night in a studio room, we were amazed at the value and the beauty of this place. The grounds were incredible with all the plant life and how well maintained they were. The lazy river was a welcome sight in the 90 degree temps we had; more relaxing than you could imagine. The staff was pleasant and willing to stop and talk with you. The room had everything we needed and was extemely clean and comfortable. We travel a lot and this was one of the better values we have come across. Easy access to restaurants and shopping and there is a 27 hole golf course that is shared with their sister resort just down the road. We would recommend this to anyone who needs a relaxing getaway.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank missyjimmy
Reviewed May 5, 2009

WOW, this is all I can say about this resort. We booked via hotels.com and never once felt like we were not part of a time share resort. We were treated no different than vacation owners. First off, when we arrived we were able to check in early. We booked a studio room, which was so clean, beautifully decorated and did not feel like a hotel room. Our room was cleaned everyday and you could even tell them what time you wanted it cleaned. We arrived on a Thursday and the resort was not full but by Saturday there was not very many parking spaces left. My kids, 1 & 2 yr old, loved the sand and beach area by the lazy river. They also loved to go swimming late at night in the indoor pool which was opened until 11pm. The lazy river closed at dusk. My husband even tried the water slides and was excited to do them again and again. We did not use the Camp Hyatt as for my kids were not old enough. They do have activities planned everyday for you to enjoy and they give you a calendar upon check in with the time of the activities each day. On Friday night they had smores night, which we all loved, then on Saturday night they had a movie night on a big blow up screen down by the fire pits. If you want to do smores any night they will light a private fire pit for you to use all you have to do is ask. They also have grills you can use as well if you want to prepare your own meals. We asked one night for a recommendation for somewhere locally to eat and they provided us with a list of restaurants their staff had put together for their guests. The list was very helpful as it contained the address, phone number, price per plate and caterogized. Once we decided where we wanted to eat they gave us directions and a printed map for us to get there. They went out of their way for us. The only negative thing I can think of is that the restaurant onsite closes at 8 pm. We were going to try it but it was already closed. I am already looking forward to our return there and can't wait to recommend this place to my friends. We had a great 1st family vacation!

3  Thank mandy9922
Reviewed May 3, 2009

We booked from hotels.com and didn't fully realize this was a resort (versus a regular hotel). It was a wonderful treat to explore the manicured grounds and enjoy all the amenities. Our favorites: pool, lazy river, firepits in the evening, taking photos in the wildflower garden. The room was excellent- nicely furnished, clean, good attention to detail. Overall, this was a real highlight of our trip to San Antonio (from Virginia). We visited in April, so we had the place basically to ourselves.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FirstTimeInTexas
Reviewed April 28, 2009

This is a great resort. We stayed on the 1st floor 1 bedroom unit. The rooms are top notch. Full(fully furnished) kitchens, stainless steel appliances, granite counter tops, bath is first rate separate shower, whirlpool tub, double vanity. Full dining table. Flat scree TV. Private patio. The bed was average. The pool is an indoor outdoor pool with very fun waterslides in both. Outdoor pool has a zero entry area great for the young ones. The indoor has a splash play area. The resort has a great lazy river surrounded by private covered sitting areas with hammocks. There are fire pits throughout that staff will light. Only negatives, on site store is nice but way over priced; on-site restaurant is decent food but very slow. Resort is located within 5 minutes of Sea World and about 20 minutes from downtown San Antonio. The Grounds of the resort are excellent. Great place for a family to go and just relax.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family