“Princess for a Day”

Ranked #8 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
texas
“Princess for a Day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

We usually stay at the Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch in San Antonio when we go on our annual family trip to Sea World. This past weekend, my two daughters (ages 4.5 and 2) participated in the Princess for a Day activity at Camp Armadillo, which is fairly new activity for the resort. It was such an amazing experience. For 2 hours, girls transformed into princesses. They got to pick out a gown, have their nails painted, enjoy tea party, and dance. They also got to pick out and take home their own personal tiara and wand. Snow White (Rosanna) and Patricia were perfect hostess.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank dom1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Fredericksburg, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

In the reservation process, the room was described as having a "Queen-Sized Sofa Bed". Well, it was a full size and horribly uncomfortable, probably the thinnest mattress I have ever seen. The "roll away bed" was actually an inflated pool float! My son said he spent the whole night waking up whenever he slid off of it and landed on the floor. We paid over $200 for the one night and boy did we NOT get our money's worth. We thought it would be a fun staycation while my son had a soccer tournament nearby, but the hotel was just ok and the clientele was not what I thought it would be for a hotel in that price range. I actually saw a drunk guest dancing with an employee! I definitely would recommend saving 100 bucks and staying somewhere else. We will not be returning to this overpriced "resort".

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kathi C
Jami C, Resort Manager at Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear KathiC, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent experience. Please accept my apology that the sofa bed and air mattress were not comfortable. I can understand that it was important for your son to get a good nights rest for his soccer tournament. We are in the process of replacing our sofa sleepers and I will look into the quality of the air mattresses. I am concerned with your overall experience and feeling of Wild Oak Ranch and welcome you to contact me at jchampagne@hyattvoi.com to discuss your stay. Our goal is for every guest to have a wonderful visit with us and knowing that we did not provide this to you is concerning to myself and our team. Thank you once again for providing us with your feedback and I do hope that you will be willing to provide us another opportunity in the future to deliver an exceptional experience to you and your family.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed for one night this weekend, and it was an incredibly enjoyable experience!

Upon arriving at 2:30, they luckily had our room ready a little early. We were directed to stop by the concierge table. The nice gentleman at the desk gave us a VERY short, low-pressure sales pitch about the vacation property program. More importantly, he called the restaurant I had made reservations at for dinner, and got us a table near the window looking out to the Riverwalk-- no joke! That was a nice touch.

It's a small property with only a handful of building, so it feels small and intimate. I was actually surprised that the buildings are 'motel-style' with outside entrances. Not a big deal, but I just didn't expect it! The room was quite nice and roomy! I feel like we were not able to enjoy it because we only stayed for one night. If we had another night, the studio's fridge and microwave would have been useful for heating up leftovers. Also, I am disappointed we didn't take advantage of the balcony with the ceiling fan!!

The lazy river was wonderful. We were there in the evening on a Friday, so it was not at all crowded. We were in HEAVEN!

We have actually stayed at the Hyatt Lost Pines resort in Austin, so we were curious about the Hill Country Hyatt next door to Wild Oak Ranch. After quickly walking around the property, we decided that if we were to stay several nights, and not plan on leaving the resort, Hill Country would be the way to go. For our purposes (staying one night and spending the evening on the Riverwalk), we thought that Wild Oak Ranch was perfect!

The ONLY disappointment was that we could not order breakfast in bed! We love enjoying such a splurge when staying at a 'resort.' Still, if we had planned ahead, we could have made our own breakfast since we had a fridge and microwave!

We will definitely return!

Room Tip: I doubt that here is a bad room!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sand0615
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

We stayed in a studio - with a bed & pullout couch. The room had a microwave, refrigerator, plates, silverware, etc...and a ceiling fan! We have a hard time sleeping without one and were happy to see it in the room.

The lazy river was fun for the kids and never got overly crowded.

Paul, the bartender at the lazy river, was phenomenal! He even brought our drinks to us...we never needed to leave our lounge chairs. He recommended a few drinks, which were delicious and truly made our stay enjoyable. He is a great asset to the resort.

The only drawback to the lazy river is that there is not a bathroom nearby. You must go to the main pool, which isn't too far but is an inconvenience.

I would highly recommend the Hyatt Wild Oak. Next time we're in San Antionio we'll make a point of staying there!

Also,

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank dk1995
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

Great pool and bar. Relaxing afternoon with friends. It's a great vacation club. Paul was friendly and helpful. There are two or three nice areas that offered shade around the pool and an indoor outdoor feature that was perfect.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank 11CKJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

While staying at the Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch in San Antonio, my two daughters (ages 4 and 2) participated in the Princess for a Day activity at Camp Armadillo. It was amazing and the girls had such a wonderful time! Snow White (Rosanna) was the perfect host and engaged the girls for a full 2 hours. She was so kind, polite and patient! The girls loved dressing up in princess gowns, getting their nails painted, picking out a personal tiara and wand, a tea party, and dancing! The price ($35) is also a bang for your buck due to all of the activity in the 2 hours! Excellent experience!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Kimberly T
houston texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

From a grandparent's observation, this property is a wonderful destination for little folks and their family members.
We stayed in a ground floor, two bedroom two bath condo. Spacious condo, TV in both bedrooms and living room, kitchen equipped with the basics, very clean, towells replinished every day.
Our family enjoyed multiple trips to the Indoor Outoor pool area. The inviting Lazy River with its own beach is on our family's list for next visit, the temperatures were still a bit cool to enjoy that amenity this time.
While at Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, we noticed all staff to be well versed providing customer service. One of the associates, Perry, introduced himself, gave me his card and urged me to contact him if I or anyone in our family needed anything during our stay. I saw him everywhere, at the pool, walking the grounds, greeting every guest he came in contact with, encouraging guests to participate dancing at evening social at which a food truck and make your own s'mores menu was provided.
If you are considering a first time trip to Texas, this property will meet all your vacation must have requirements, especially catering to little folks traveling in your group.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family