“If you are staying in San Antonio for more than 3 nights, THIS IS THE PLACE!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch

You added Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch to your Saves list
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9700 West Military Drive, San Antonio, TX 78251 (Far West Side)   |
Ranked #14 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
HOU
“If you are staying in San Antonio for more than 3 nights, THIS IS THE PLACE!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Where do I start? I just can't believe I had never stayed here before. First off, if I ever go back to San Antonio for more than 3 nights, this is where I will stay. It's like staying in a really nice condo. We rented a one-bedroom for the weekend. Our one bedroom rental had 2 flat screen televisions, granite countertops in the kitchen area, a MASSIVE tub (I was able to fit 4 seven-year olds in there!) and a sweet little patio. It also has a full-size refrigerator, a small washer and dryer, and kitchen essentials.

They have a lazy river, and an indoor and outdoor heated pool that were still heated when we were there this past weekend. And they were truly heated!! I have stayed at places where they claimed that the pools were heated, but they were freezing. The indoor and outdoor pools have massive slides, and the indoor pool has a cute little area for small children. There is also a steam room and a hot tub.

Like Hyatt Lost Pines in Bastrop and Hyatt Hill Country, they offer all kinds of activities for kids during the weekend. They have fire pits where you can roast smores, and they had an outdoor kid movie where you could watch the movie on the lawn.

If you stay here, you also get access to Hyatt Hill Country Resort and Spa, which is a traditional hotel, with more water activities.

They only have one restaurant on the property and they also have a general store that sells sandwhiches. We ate at the restaurant on a Saturday night and I was less than impressed. We waited forever to be served and I could have killed someone for a diet coke. By the time my dinner came out, they finally told me that they were out of diet coke. Our appitizer came out after dinner. I got a hamburger, and it was kind of chargrilled-burnt. The nachos (our appitizer) was pretty good. I was still upset about the diet coke, so I didn't care about my food. I think the waitress could tell I was irritated, because she didn't charge us for the appitizer and she gave all the kids (four in total) free ice cream. So that made me happy. When I got back to my hotel room, I called the front desk and found out they didn't have room service and that the general store was closed. I WAS SO HAPPY WHEN THE GIRL TOLD ME SHE WOULD BRING ME A DIET COKE! That totally made my night. Now that is service!

If you want to roast your own smores, you can ask the front desk for a s'more kit. :)

Cons: No room service (my favorite thing on earth)
Only one restaurant on the property - and it's definitely not fine dining

Pros: All major appliances are available in your room
The pools! And you know I love a lazy river!
Access to Hyatt Hill Country
Activities for the kids
Quieter than Hyatt Hill Country
They have a "Kids Camp" available, which is like a baby-sitter who does activities with the kids.

Room Tip: If you have kids, ask for a first-floor room. You can throw them out on the patio and they can play...
5 Thank michforoffice

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Been coming to Hyatt Wild Oak ranch for several years and have always had a blast with my kids. San Antonio is a great city to explore and the Wild Oak ranch is a very family friendly base. This year noticed the staff went above and beyond to be warm, friendly and accommodating. The new recreation manger CJ was great with a lot of new activities. The Fiesta night was great! Good food, atmosphere and music. Spent more time on site this time than in the past because there was a lot more to do. Had a wonderful time and will be returning in the future.

2 Thank 962GinaL
Plymouth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I spent two days in San Antonio on vacation with my family. The website doesn't do the Property justice. Not only was the room very large but the amenities were outstanding. The indoor/outdoor pool was the best. They heat the water so even though we had rain and cooler weather we were still able to enjoy the pool. Kids loved the water slides and lazy river. We did try to eat on site one evening but due to under staffing we were forced to make alternate plans. I would stay here longer next time so I could spend more time relaxing by the pool.

4 Thank Abbyspot
Spring, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went Thursday to Sunday and booked a one bedroom. Everything was ready when we arrived (early), and they weren't too picky when I accidentally checked out late. We have a young daughter, and this place is perfect for the three of us. It is VERY family friendly - with a heated pool, lazy river, water slides, and plenty of non-water activities. There are many activities listed on the schedule each day, including one that I especially loved, the Zoomagination. They brought live animals to the facility for all of us to see and (lightly) touch.

The staff was amazing and very accommodating. Oh, and you have access to the Hyatt resort next door (but we didn't need it).

4 Thank SarahS05
Ypsilanti, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We just came back from the Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch on Spring break. It was very hard to leave there to come back to Michigan. The property is simply gorgeous in every direction you look. 2 pools and the rattlesnake river which is an long snaking floating river you ride on inner tubes. There are PLENTY of lounge chairs, cabanas and even a hammock or two in a secluded cabana with curtains. The mile long nature/jogging trail was a great way to work off some of the wonderful food we had in San Antonio. The room was a 2 bedroom and was huge and well appointed, but we particularly liked the private patio with the multitude of sitting locations and the comfy furniture. We've staying before in places where the patio furniture was terrible to sit in, but this furniture we could have lounged in all day. Everywhere on the property there are amazing places to sit and relax or talk with friends. The nightly entertainment was welll-planned and we enjoyed the every night fires in the firepits. The location is 20 minutes from downtown easily reached by freeway. We wished we could have stayed longer as we seemed to keep discovering neat little places on the property that we would have liked to enjoy more. Also, the staff could not have been friendlier. We would go back there in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: I would not choose a corner room unit again as the coming and going of the other group sharing the c...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ladipierce
Pleasanton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Just came back from here -week long vacation and was so great
Place was very nice but staffs are set this place for best
Very friendly staff everywhere and they are there to help you anything and everything that you need
I was looking for big bow (Texas style that we can't get from CA ) Rudy at conciege went out of her way to research and found the bow maker and deliver to me -she was so sweet
They had ton of family friendly event -had 3different egg hunt for different age kids, love their zoom agitation which is very educational wild life animal program -we were there for week and had 3times while we stay if you go there don't miss it out it, it is really awesome opportunity for young kids to see and touch the animals that we normally don't see in our everyday life
Pool was nice and warm even lazy river too especially indoor pool was big plus on windy stormy day
We love that we have access to kids club anytime of the day and we can just hang out -draw, do the fun projects... And staff was very welcoming our young kids
This hotel have movie night every day which was nice way to ending our day
Room was nice - little thin wall that we can here next door but this is very normal in time share property
New towels were given everyday which was nice that we don't need to call for new set
There was fiesta with$5 taco (3tacos for $5) and $5 beer and family dancing - the guy who's in charge of entertaining (I think he's name was CJ)never left dance floor for people and kids, they work so hard to make that night fun for family
Only one thing that I want to point out - bed wasn't comfortable Asa much as other brand and no down brankit (brankit was too thin)
I love this hotel and staff - we will defenally go back to see their friendly staffs
great job haytt wild oak see you very soon!

2 Thank lovehawaiigirl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

We rented a two bedroom villa as an Interval exchange. We purposefully rented it Friday to Friday and arrived Saturday so that we could go right to the room without delay. Surprise! We still had to wait for them to do a final inspection. 20 minutes later we were allowed in. The villa was fine. Two rooms, one with a king the other, two doubles. We had a pull out sofa for the 2 year old as well. One thing we noticed right away was the near complete lack of cell service when in the room. Frustrating. The next was the lack of room service. Unacceptable. If you have ever traveled with a 2 year old you know that room service may be the only relaxing dinner the adults have.
It was not all bad. The grounds were impeccable. They had a really nice lazy river and a large indoor/outdoor combo pool with very nice water slides. The pool was heated to near bath temp which was nice because it was only 70 a couple of days.
The resort was located close to Sea World and had easy access to downtown and La Cantera. We decided after a long zoo day we were going to have dinner at the resort. Surprise! No on site restaurant. The Wild Oak expects guests to drive a mile or so across the street to the nearby Hyatt Hill Country for dining.
Little nuisances like running out of hot water in the shower or a sulphur-like smell in the bathroom added to our displeasure.
We can't recommend the resort and will not be back.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family