“You will never want to leave!”

Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch
Ranked #20 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

This place has all. The rooms are spacious, clean and nicely updated. There is endless activities for the kids.. Pools, water slides, lazy river, ping pong, volleyball.. Too much to list. Beautifully landscaped property winding paths with swings and benches along the way. I can't say enough about this place. We were there for our sons graduation from boot camp. I would fly back to San Antonio just to return here! I'd give it 10 stars if I could!

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank Lovesthesea02
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed for a few nights at the Wild Oak Ranch. Our primary objective was to use the place as a base from which to explore Sea World. We were looking for an apartment and this place is perfect. The rooms are great and all come with a well equipped, nice balcony, and a very comfortable bed room.

There is a great restaurant on the property and I would recommend the Smothered Chicken. The Pizzas are not too good though.

There are two pools one of which is a lazy river.

We had one issue with the plumbing and the noise from the plumbing which woke us up at night. The staff were however very responsive to our complaint and did what they could to remedy the situation.

All in all, great place, and I would strongly recommend this property to families looking to explore the San Antonio region.

Room Tip: Given the plumbing issue, make sure you mention this as check in and get a room which does not allow...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sakhalin
Reviewed March 3, 2013

While it is slow season at this Hyatt (at 50% occupancy this weekend), I don't think the hotel was prepared for all 50% (probably exaggeration here) to eat/drink at JB's restaurant. The only service professional, Robert Bearbower, the bartender turned waiter turned bus boy turned cashier, etc. provided excellent service and always had a smile on his face. Kudos for a great job. The restaurant manager who has only been there a month also did a great job.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank JulesLikes
Reviewed March 2, 2013

after 7 yrs of multiple stays @ the hyatt wild oak ranch, we can honestly say, we love it there! located right across from seaworld, adjacent to the hyatt hill country resort, lots of shopping & restaurants--the w.o.r. is our freq getaway. the staff is wonderfully accommodating & friendly, the grounds are lovely, the rooms are beautifully furnished & equipped & the amenities top notch. water slides, indoor/outdoor heated pools and a floating river, hot tubs, sauna, steam rm, workout equip rm, game rm, big screen & computer rm, shuffleboard, volleyball, horseshoe areas, cloistered cabanas around the pool, sand beach, kid camp, nature trails, enclosed kid playgrounds, golf course, restaurant, store, firepits, bbq & picnic areas, outdoor movies and more! and there are activities for adults, as well as for kids thruout the day and at night. the front desk, concierge, housekeeping, engineering, activity staff & waitstaff are all friendly, prompt and helpful. highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: 2nd & 3rd floor rooms are quieter. corner studios are larger than inner studios. 3rd floor roo...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jeannineatzenhoffer
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This was our 2nd stay at this property. I want to give a shout out to the staff that work the cafe, coffee shop, convenience store called the Icehouse. We had a Starbucks caramel macchiato while shopping for some very nice souvenirs of our visit. Alejandra was especially helpful and pleasant... A lovely person. Our 2 week stay was fantastic!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Cathy D
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My family and I enjoyed the pools, grounds, kid's club and restaurant while staying at the Hyatt Hill Country resort next door that was undergoing renovations. I have to say that The Hyatt Wild Oak ranch was fantastic in every way.
The grounds were beautifully landscaped and the pools warm. I enjoyed the water slides, as did my children, and I loved the three hot tubs and sauna.
The kid's club--Hyatt Armadillo was a great addition to this resort and well worth the price!
My two kids loved their counselor, Chris W. ! He kept them busy every minute of the day with engaging activities. I appreciated the fact that he kept them outside for most of the day. They swam, dug/buried treasure on the resort's new "beach" and searched for objects along the walking trail. Their lunch was included, and they got to choose from the menu at JB's restaurant on the property. They did not go hungry! My husband and I were well relaxed knowing that are children were well cared for. Thank you Chris! We
will never forget your kindness and the driving directions you gave us were dead on! We bypassed a lot of the heavy traffic because of your advise.

Delaine and Ann at the front desk were professional and friendly. They recovered my glasses that I had left in the bathroom and my husband's laptop bag he left poolside. They answered are many directions to places in town. Thank you Delaine and Ann!

We took advantage of happy hour drinks at JB's restaurant. The food and drinks were great. We ate twice at JB's and were quite happy with the service, food and prices.
The smores at the fire pit outside made our night spectacular. What a lovely ending to an enjoyable day!
We will be back again and for a longer stay because of this gem in San Antonio. The combination of hospitality by the staff and the wonderful amenities, prices and quality of the resort make this the number one retreat for families and couples!

Room Tip: Staying here in a condo room with a kitchen will save you a lot of money by allowing you to make you...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank megamomof3kids
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This spot is amazing. Great for family, friends or a simple getaway this Hyatt has everything you need on site from great food at the restaurant, golf,.pools, jacuzzis to a convenient store/icehouse...alejandra at the icehouse is a sweetheart, attentive helpful and can put together great sandwiches!!! Thank you Alejandra! A must stay...

• Stayed: February 2013