“Amazing room for price!”

Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch
Ranked #14 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed May 12, 2012

For the same price as a Riverwalk hotel with two double beds, we got an amazing two bedroom suite with a full kitchen plus a secon kitchenette, a living room, an amazing master bath, and a second full bath. The room was immaculate. Facility is still new and there were a few nuances they are working through, but be patient. For this price, it is worth being patient.

8  Thank Vacation-here6

Reviewed May 2, 2012

I stayed here one weekend and upon arriving back home I noticed that I had a charge from the bar that was near the pool. I called and asked what the charge was and the staff who answered stated that I had purchased some $75 dollars worth of alcohol. I told them that I had not and he asked if my last name was "Gonzalez" Being of hispanic descent in San Antonio, Texas I guess I was the only Gonzalez there and the staff stuck me with the bill. To prove me wrong, the sarcastic staff member wanted to fax me the receipt with "my" signature on the receipt. Again, I told them that faxing me a receipt would not be necessary as I did not purchase or have anything billed to my room. The staff member became unruly and eventually I hung up and had to speak wit someone in management. Eventually the entire case was settled about one week later, but not until I had to write corporate an email of what had occurred.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Netza G
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Overall this property has potential. But, there is a lack of being able to consistently perform basic services.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit that had a nice layout and was well equipped. Unfortunately it was a corner unit that shared an outer door with the neighboring unit, a bit of an odd layout that required us to key in through the outer door and then into the door to our unit. It was very annoying listening to two doors slam every time our neighbors came and went. The walls between the units also provided only a minimal level of sound dampening, as we could here the child next door slamming toys on the floor. Overall the unit was starting to show some wear and tear.

Housekeeping, although it clearly states in the brochure that for nightly guests a daily towel change, garbage removal and light cleaning will be performed daily, none of this was done on either the second or third night of our stay.

Although the pool area's were clean and organized on the day of our arrival the steam room floor was filthy and the sauna was not functioning. They seem to have a severe problem with regulating the temperature of the outdoor hot tub, which ranged from 98F to 112F depending on the day, according to their thermometer which was located in a conspicuous area and easily read. Would it be too much to ask to have someone on the staff check it a couple of times a day. Also lets try and keep children in diapers out of the hot tubs please!! By Saturday evening all of the pool areas where littered with garbage to the point of being disgusting.

The layout and the amenities of this resort have the potential to be very nice however the lack of attention to detail and basic services ruined what could have been. I chose this Hyatt Wild Oak based off a wonderful stay that I had in February at Hyatt Coconut Point in Bonita Springs, Fl. I so enjoyed the stay there that when i saw there was a Hyatt resort in San Antonio when planning this trip I was excited to have another wonderful experience with Hyatt. However, Wild Oak fell far short of the experience we had a Coconut Point. Perhaps Hyatt overall needs to address consistency among it's properties.

6  Thank Guy S
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Wild Oak Ranch is a beautiful resort to kick back and relax. Nice pool and the lazy river has many places to sun bath or lounge along the river. If you want to travel the area, there is the Riverwalk in San Antonio and the Alamo. Close by is Sea World and if you travel about an hour North to Fredericksburg there are antique shops and many wineries to stop and taste locally made wines. The resort has a good restaurant on site named JB's and plenty of things for kids of all ages to enjoy. We chose to relax most of the week and unwind. Traffic in the San Antonio area can be very heavy in the rush hours each day. Great resort, we enjoyed our week in Texas.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Browns64
Reviewed April 26, 2012

When we started to look for a resort we didn't find allot of pictures for wild oak ranch. We were not disappointed at all! This resort is very child, kid friendly. There are two playgrounds one between the pool and the river (it has sand so bring your sand toys). There is also a hidden playground that is wooden, its in the backyard of J.B.'s Restaurant, it is like a big tree house. The river is fantastic, it is not heated like the pool but its worth it. They have a beach for the kids to play on with sand toys, and they have umbrellas for shade so they wont get burned again (bring sand toys). The river goes in a circle its blue and lots of landscaping very romantic or fun depending on what you want. There is also a hidden hot tub on the river and lots of benches, swings, hammocks, chairs and cabbana's to sun in or sit in for shade. And there is a bar down by the river. There are inner tubes floating around that you can hang on to or sit on. My 6 year old could touch the bottom so it was nice she could pull me.
The pool is heated and fun, they have a beach style entry for the little ones, it starts at 1ft and goes up to 5 ft. so they can stand and play. They have noodles and balls to play with, the out door pool has a water slide and a volleyball net.
The indoor pool has an open wall leading to the outside pool, it has a 3ft entry no beach but the steps are nice to play on. It has some spray guns and sprinklers. It also has a water slide and balls to play with along with, hoops, and a hot tub. There is a foosball table and a ping pong table. There is a bathroom in the indoor pool, and one by the outdoor pool but not one by the river go to the bathroom first.
The rooms are very nice, they have a patio with a screen door, and a microwave, fridge, (we stayed in a studio) one king and then a pull out couch for the kids. Very clean and comfortable, nice size television, and very quiet so you can try to sleep in. Bathroom was a nice size and had nice features.
This resort is very easy to find and it local so its close to Sea World or the river walk, and food is very easy to get to, along with the local stores to find food. They have a fire pit where the kids can make smore's if they are doing it that night. Horse shoes to play with. Also the rooms are not far away from the front desk or all the activities so you dont have to walk a long way to get to the pool ect.

2  Thank littlema2
Reviewed April 20, 2012

April 2012
Front dest staff were very friendly and helpful at check-in.
We loved the lazy river and the fire pits were so fun.
Location is awesome.We had a 2 bdrm. unit. We did not get our one through cleaning until 2 days before we left, housekeeping had messed up. We also had a soccer ball "disappear" that showed up after we left and they charged me $11 to ship it and hour away to my son.
The service at JB's was horrible and the server was not friendly at all and the prices were ridiculous. We were there twice and it was the same both times.
So, some good, some not so good.

2  Thank Melanie D
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Stayed in a 2BR unit with our three kids (5, 8, 10). Perfect amount of space for us all to spread out. Loved the lazy river, indoor and outdoor pool and water slides. Golf course at sister hotel (Hyatt down the street) was nice too. Reasonably priced family package after 2:30pm. We went off season (April 2012) so it was very quiet, but it must be very busy at other times. They are working on tripling the size of the complex. About 20 minutes to downtown SanAntonio. We visited Tejas Rodeo (our favorite), IMAX Alamo movie, the Alamo, LBJ Presidential library and University of Texas in Austin, SeaWorld and Natural Bridge Caverns. All were great for adults and kids. We made a quick stop at the Riverwalk for lunch, but it didn't seem like a great place for kids. Fun vacation and great resort!

5  Thank MelindaCT