“Perfect Family Vacation”

Hyatt Residence Club San Antonio, Wild Oak Ranch
Ranked #28 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed August 14, 2011

This was our "last family of three" vacation for my husband, 2 y.o son and I. The 1 Bedroom condo was even better than we could have asked for. It was huge, clean and beautifully decorated. And the tub was amazing! The pool and playground was in perfect walking distance. We spent our days playing in the pool and evenings at the family-oriented evening activities. The resort was so close to Sea World that we were able to take my son in the morning and then come home for nap-time and then go back for the evening. I will always recommend this place for anyone traveling to Sea World.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank moonburst37

Reviewed August 13, 2011

I would highly reccommend this vacation spot. Hyatt has done a great job of laying out a beautiful property. Lazy river, indoor/outdoor pool combo, water slides.....all great. firendly staff. The only problem we had was a very slow internet connection (which was fixed the last day we we leaving), and housekeeping failed to provide a full service cleaning while we visited. Otherwise A+

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank americana515
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Our family had a blast!
1 bedroom suite with a full kitchen & washer/dryer.- We made a quick trip to HEB and had groceries for breakfast, lunch, & snacks. We ate dinner at the restaurants for dinner. Our room was super comfortable with a large bathroom. We ate breakfast out on our patio. The kids enjoyed watching a DVD at bedtime on the couch-bed. The original one wouldn't work and the service was very quick to replace it!
We all loved the pools and the lazy river. It was also very fun to go over to the Hyatt Hill Country to swim in the pool and lazy river which is VERY shaded. No one left with a sun burn! Slides are 48" and you have to wear a wrist band...so our 5 yr old & 21/2 yr old didn't get to ride those. We did; though, and they are fast & fun!
They also had smores night...provided for the guests and we loved that too.
We loved it so much that we stayed a few hours after we checked out. We were able to take showers in their pool house facilities...my only VERY SMALL complaint is that the shower curtain had lots of mildew... I can see how its hard to keep it clean but that
was gross to me.
This place is gorgeous...the grounds are beautiful with so many trees. We absolutely LOVED it!!!!!!

Room Tip: We loved our 3rd floor room!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank friscofunfamilyof4
Reviewed July 30, 2011

It felt like home. Families come back here every year...and I know why.
Rooms are like private homes. Everything you need except food. And they have a program to deliver that too. But there's an heb grocery & walmart not far, so I recommend them first.
Quiet, a lazy river w/ movie nights & cone anytime cabanas at no charge scattered throughout the river. Indoor/out door pool w/waterslides at both. Your chikd will need to be about 6yrs old to use them.
Walking paths, smores nights, craft times, and free shuttle to hyatt hill country up the road makr this placeone we will return to again.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank 123followme
Reviewed July 29, 2011

This was our first visit to Wild Oak but it won't be our last. We had a 2 room condo. It was bigger than I expected. Clean, great amenities, perfect for us! This place is super family friendly.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank christovalmomof4
Reviewed July 16, 2011

I had a wonderful stay here. We had a 3 room condo. It was perfect and slept everyone confortably. The staff at the hotel was very nice, friendly and helpful. The lazy river was my favorite part. There is a large indoor/outdoor pool with 2 water slides, a sand volleyball court and a few hot tubes. There is also a supervised play area for younger kids. The nightly family activities were excellent. One night was Smores night and they also had a movie night when we were there. The condo itself had everything you need for a week long getaway. Full kitchen, washer/dryer. I do wish the beds had been a little more confotable but over all it was a wonderful time. The property is close to Sea World, Fiesta Texas, the shops at La Cantera and many places to eat. The grounds are very well maintained. There are hammocks and a lot of benches to sit and relax at. The hiking/jogging trails are beautiful. There is also a golf course, exercise room and game room. I will definitely be going back to stay there.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank tle05
Reviewed July 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt Wild Oak with our 1 year old daughter for a long weekend. He enjoyed the Hill Country Resort Wednesday and Thursday night and had nothing but wonderful things to say about it. When we arrived Friday to join him, we met at the Hyatt Wild Oak. The vacation club is beautiful! However, we waited literally 20 minutes to be checked in with only 2 people ahead of us. The front desk associates kept tending to other matters. To make things more frustrating, when we arrived in our room the requests we'd made during our reservation were not honored. We're both allergic to down/feathers and all of the pillows had down. We asked for a crib for our 1 year old and it was not there either. We were also celebrating our 1 YO's birthday and when making the reservation, the reservation associate offered toys and balloons to welcome her. None of that was in the room. When we called to inquire, the front desk associate said that they did not receive any of those requests.

The room itself was very nice. My only complaint, however, is about the bed. It was SO HARD and uncomfortable. My back was killing me after a night on it.

We quite enjoyed the large bathroom including the separate shower and tub and the kitchen and sitting area.

The family pool area is one of the best I've seen every at a resort and the food at the onsite restaurant was pretty good.

My biggest frustration centers around the communication from the reservation agent at the Hyatt Hill Country to the Hyatt Wild Oak. I think if expectations were better managed and the bed was more comfortable, it would have been a much better stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family